Short selling ,zerodha not giving clarity

From what i understand by reading this topic-thread,
i believe the difference in availability of shares in these 2 instances
depends on the asks (i.e. sellers on the exchanges) .

BTW, after carefully reviewing the available details of the process,
that you may find in any links in this topic-thread and any other sources,
relevant to how this these scenarios have played out for you,

if you believe that something was unfair, or could have been a better experience,
please submit feedback/complaint in SEBI SCORES with the relevant details, so it can actually help the regulators take corrective actions that can actually help others in future.

SEBI SCORES FAQ

1 Like

As you have mentioned its short sold that means you have already sold 2000 shares of IREDA on Monday without having any shares in demat account. If the shares are bought back before market closes, settlement is happened and the P&L will be calculated based on difference between buy and sell.

In this case as IREDA has hit circuit and the shares are not bought back, so this 2000 shares are short delivered. At end of the day broker has to give the shares to exchange, but as there is no shares in your demat it has to be auction settled. Auction settlement will happen on t+2 days, based on price settled at auction your buy price will be calculated and the P&L will be arrived. But as the scrip is continuosly hitting circuit exchange cant buy back shares at auction and it got closed out. You can check more details on this here:

You would have received the auction settlement contract note in your mail.

Hi @K_T, unlisting this thread as you have already posted the same here: Auction orders on Kite (beta)-Selling holdings in the auction market - #44 by K_T

As @Ragavendran_M explained above.

Could you also DM me the ticket number? I’ll have someone from the team reach out and explain this to you.

Im not an admin from zerodha

The auction market opens at 2pm, the tendered price will be higher than the LTP of the stock at 2PM
Its fairly easy to justify the loss if you had read all the rules regarding this.

Assuming your entry price is 80 on dec 11, you would see mtm loss of 9k as mentioned by you in the post. The stock was trading at 100rs approx which is around 40k loss

Zerodha wont give you delivery if you SHORT the stock. Delivery happens only if you BUY
I understand you are frustrated, it doesn’t add anything if you vent it out here. Know the rules before trading