Short selling ,zerodha not giving clarity

Your accusations are vague.
Which day you sold?
How many days it took to resolve the buying back ?
Who told you to get delivery?

Please post with screenshots or contact direct to support for resolution.

IREDA was not making UC. There were times , were we can easily buy back .
Only December 11, 13 th are days when it went sort of UC.

My accusations are not vague. In fact I’m telling here the exact stock name and quantity !! It’s a thing of Monday and today is Thursday and only today it shows me in my pnl that i have loss of -40k ,till then it just said me on Monday that stock will be delivered to the account if margin is there which was there!! I don’t owe you any explanation here and I have contacted zerodha and it hasn’t helped me ,it has given me same replies. And I’m not the one justifying my answer by saying it went to UC. I’m asking zerodha that why will it buy at any random price or what price did it buy back at ,why don’t I have a say in this ? When I had enough margin why didn’t it deliver the stock in my account which it told it would. You don’t have any answers and you expect me to post here screenshots for you!

1 Like

@VarunG I am assuming you are from official Zerodha team and your tone of response to an issue brought in here by someone using your product is perplexing. Who told you to write responses like you are doing catharsis of some kind ?

1 Like

You don’t owe me anything. I am just trying to help. Understand your stress and rage. And I am not from Zerodha. Relax man
By the way , if you need the technicals on what happened with your case … Then here you go…

Upper circuit stocks…No sellers are present, only buyers. You won’t be able to buy back, converting the position to delivery for auction settlement. A 120% margin of the closing price is then blocked. Auction settlements can be:
Internal: On T+1 day, using the previous day’s highest bid.
External: Managed by the exchange on T+1, potentially incurring up to a 20% penalty

You are assuming too much man

1 Like

This issue is not mine and possibly the user who brought in this issue by now has understood that he could have done differently. All he is saying he cant see what actually happened and is looking for clarity. And I am in no stress or rage. That seems more like your game so far from your post and I was precisely asking you why you need to be so rude and pointing him to support etc if and at all you are trying to help.

Hello sir. I was comforting him for the stress from unnecessary loss. Was not talking about you. I was not rude. His post doesn’t had details of the trade. That what I said. Then he gave the day he gave when he executed the trade and so on…
Stop believing what you are feeling is real.

who told you to get delivery ? Wow and someone else is not being real :rofl: :sweat_smile:.

There is nothing an end user could do. To obtain the details, the staff must check from internal. That’s what I suggested.

Thankyou for your concern but it doesnt reflect in your answer. Please understand that on Monday when the stock hit UC, i only got a pop up saying there is an open mis position and keep the margins in account. Which were there. It’s Thursday today there was no mention of ireda anywhere in my account then how do u expect me to post screenshot. The fact that I don’t have a screenshot even tells that zerodha doesn’t give enough clarity ! So from Monday to Thursday nothing shows up in my account and directly on Thursday after contacting them it reflects with a loss that I didn’t imagine in my pnl. So I’m just supposed to take whatever loss it shows in my account i suppose and keep shut!

I am sorry you get to feel that way. May be I asked too many. Your first messages were furious and stressful , and I didn’t know how to go. Anyways, hope the resolution comes faster to you

Well, yes.
What other choices did you think you had when you placed that order?
(sorry if this comes across as blunt)

Of course not.

And you are exercising your right to discuss this on a public forum (not a support ticket/email).
So, please be prepared to have any potential risks you may have taken in this scenario pointed out to you by others.

1 Like

Obviously I’m furious because it’s my money ! And just for your info I’m a 33 year old woman so please you also stop assuming before treating others like fourth graders!

Ok. No worries. I can understand your feelings. I never wanted to be odd one in the perfect world.Again , hope you get some resolution from officials

Exactly and seriously I didn’t come here for a resolution because I already know there isn’t going to be one from zerodha ! I’m just here to show what users like us face and what pathetic responses zerodha gives us because I’m sure I won’t be the last on the receiving end!

And i remember last time such situation happened , I did get the delivery of stock at some random price, but atleast I had the stock in my account be at whatever price ,atleast it was reflecting the next day ! Then what changed this time also begs to be the question .

From what i understand by reading this topic-thread,
i believe the difference in availability of shares in these 2 instances
depends on the asks (i.e. sellers on the exchanges) .

BTW, after carefully reviewing the available details of the process,
that you may find in any links in this topic-thread and any other sources,
relevant to how this these scenarios have played out for you,

if you believe that something was unfair, or could have been a better experience,
please submit feedback/complaint in SEBI SCORES with the relevant details, so it can actually help the regulators take corrective actions that can actually help others in future.

SEBI SCORES FAQ

1 Like

As you have mentioned its short sold that means you have already sold 2000 shares of IREDA on Monday without having any shares in demat account. If the shares are bought back before market closes, settlement is happened and the P&L will be calculated based on difference between buy and sell.

In this case as IREDA has hit circuit and the shares are not bought back, so this 2000 shares are short delivered. At end of the day broker has to give the shares to exchange, but as there is no shares in your demat it has to be auction settled. Auction settlement will happen on t+2 days, based on price settled at auction your buy price will be calculated and the P&L will be arrived. But as the scrip is continuosly hitting circuit exchange cant buy back shares at auction and it got closed out. You can check more details on this here:

You would have received the auction settlement contract note in your mail.

Hi @K_T, unlisting this thread as you have already posted the same here: Auction orders on Kite (beta)-Selling holdings in the auction market - #44 by K_T

As @Ragavendran_M explained above.

Could you also DM me the ticket number? I’ll have someone from the team reach out and explain this to you.

Im not an admin from zerodha

The auction market opens at 2pm, the tendered price will be higher than the LTP of the stock at 2PM
Its fairly easy to justify the loss if you had read all the rules regarding this.

Assuming your entry price is 80 on dec 11, you would see mtm loss of 9k as mentioned by you in the post. The stock was trading at 100rs approx which is around 40k loss

Zerodha wont give you delivery if you SHORT the stock. Delivery happens only if you BUY
I understand you are frustrated, it doesn’t add anything if you vent it out here. Know the rules before trading