Short straddle based on price entry

Hey streak,

I need a help to create short straddle when BNF touches/crossovers particular price. I See the functionality is available in basic mode where dynamic contracts cannot be used & in advanced contract im not able to used to LTP price function.

Can you please suggest if there is any other way to this.

@Streak

@Streak - Please assist on this

Please note that Streak uses OHLC (Open, High, Low, Close) data to check your entry-exit conditions. As the OHLC data is only available after the close of the candle, your alerts will be generated after the close of the candle matching your conditions(i.e. open of the next candle).

Thus you can not create the conditions to enter the straddle in a partial candle on an LTP basis. Your entry will trigger after the close of the candle that has crossed above the selected Price level. You can use the base time frame of the strategy as 1 minute to get an entry within 1 minute of the selected level crossover.

You can refer to the below link with the example conditions to enter in a Short Straddle when the High of 1 minute candle crosses above 41000 level in Bank nifty.

You can use the Similar logic to create the straddle for a specific level as per your preference. You can refer to the below link to learn how Short straddle is implemented in Streak-

@Kunal_Streak / @Streak - Thanks for the update. Currently im using all of OHLC candle indicators in OR condition for setting up the entry. Just wanted to check does there in lag after the condition is met?
Becoz today i setup straddle entry condition if Bnf crosesses above 14300 & at 10:24 at high of one minute candle it crossed too but i received sell trigger at 10:25:19 which is delay of approx 10-15 secs. Just wanted to check if this delay is something common or its bcoz im using multiple OR conditions in entry.

The signals are sent with the help of Open High low close (OHLC) data. As soon as the candle closes, the OHLC data is used for calculating the indicators after which your condition is matched, once your condition is met, a signal is sent to your system. This is to make sure that no false alerts are being sent.

Our team has recently optimized the speed at which alerts can be sent. The latency, in some cases, is reduced to approximately 15 seconds. The team has confirmed that it might not be possible to maintain the accuracy and keep the alert delivery time at 1-2 seconds due to various reasons.

One of the key reasons being, the data latency in candle formation and retrieval from the exchange data sources itself. If we hurry and generate alerts without confirming multiple times that the candle is completely formed and all ticks have been accounted for the candle, the signal might be incorrect and later not match with the charts or backtests, leading to more confusion and unreliable analysis. You can read more about this here