Simple chrome plugin for kite

Hi,

I have created a simple userscript (similar to chrome extension) based on feature request in this thread (Kite Feature Request), if anyone else also need this feature feel free to contact me and happy to share the code/instructions.

You will be able to do following:

• Group your holdings in ‘categories’ or ‘tags’
  • See a small tag next to your stock name indicating which category does the stock belong to.
  • When a specific category is selected, only stocks in that category is shown in ‘watchlist’ and ‘orders’ and ‘holdings’ screen
  • One stock can have multiple tags.
  • When you click on a stock in watchlist, if same stock is present in ‘holdings’, screen will be scrolled bringing the stock in the middle and it will be highlighted for few seconds.
2 Likes

Would like to try this

2 Likes

Will be happy to try this out

1 Like

FYI, whoever is replying here I am sending them the link to use.

As I create this script only for myself, I have kept it very simple. Right now to use it , we have to first create an array. :slight_smile: If you are not a techie and don’t understand whats an array then I would suggest you wait till I create another version for non-techies.

You have to create something like below for your holdings and then replace in the script.

var holdings = {
  "Dividend" : ["SJVN","VEDL"],
  "Wealth Creators" : ["WHIRLPOOL","ICICIBANK",],
  "Sell On profit" : ["LUMAXIND","RADICO"]
};
1 Like

In case you took the code, take the latest now, there was some conflict with chart code, charts were not working. With latest code it should be ok.

Hi Amit
Can you please share the code for the tagging the stocks ?

1 Like

Steps for installing the userscript can be found in their Github repository -

An example of how tagging will work once the user script has been set up can be seen in the animated GIF below -

BetterKite

thanks for sharing the link prarag…I didn’t understand anything in the code as I’m not programmer.
Can you please tell is it safe to use this thing?

The risk involved in using these userscripts can be best understood via a disclaimer by another userscript creator -

It’s best to verify userscripts personally before using them.

Also, in a recent forum thread, Nithin mentioned that the tagging feature is just around the corner.

Except for one feature script is all about categorising, filtering data. It doesn’t modify anything, doesn’t place any trade.

Tagging of stocks is just one feature, most of the features are around managing positions for options traders.

1 Like