State Election Results - What's the Impact on Markets?

I would say both are equally corrupt at least in Karnataka. The difference is after taking commission congress leaders release the payment to the contractors. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
Thatā€™s where BJP failed and one of the contractor committed suicide.

this prediction may come true on Mon or Tue

1 Like

Modi was saying earlier there was 85% corruption. He brought it down to 40%.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Since independence, Congress has ruled most of the time. So theyā€™ve experience of running the Government. BJP is inexperienced.

Market just so strong that it doesnā€™t care a damn about state elections :scream::rofl:

Please wait ! enough people should bite the bait

I got it wrong again. Didnā€™t I?

We all thought the same like you. Market has other plans :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the reason Iā€™ve stopped predicting markets. Iā€™ve accepted that the most predictable thing about markets is unpredictability.
And life is much peaceful after that.

Same here. I donā€™t complain when market behaves irrationally. I have seen people blame the system and says itā€™s all a scam bla bla. I have no complaints. I donā€™t mind market going up or it falls. But I prefer it always remaining sideways. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Looks like markets want Congress to win. Contrary to popular belief that it wants BJP to win. I remember 2018 state election of MP, Rajasthan and CG. Congress won all three and everybody expected market to go down. But actually it went up.

I also feel that market always discounts the known worst.
Moreover as I have mentioned earlier too, in Lok Sabha election, same karnataka voters will prefer BJP. I Still see a clear majority for BJP next year.

Even I feel that. Everyone is busy with Karnataka and is ignoring the fact that BJP swept local body polls of UP on same day. And history says whoever wins Karnataka loses next Lok sabha elections and whoever wins UP wins next Lok sabha elections

And thatā€™s why we suffer. Karnataka doesnā€™t develop as fast as we should. Since itā€™s not the same government, one of them blocks funds.

1 Like

As if UP has become No 1 state because of its political power. Karnataka is far better than UP. UPites come to Karnataka looking for jobs not the other way.

I have never been to UP and I canā€™t comment. In relative terms I feel UP is growing faster. Again I can be totally wrong here. I have no data to support my claim.
Considering the quality of Karnataka population I feel we could have grown faster if there was support from central government.

Naa, its about population, UP(80) has far more MP seats than Karnataka(28), offcourse due to its population, so winning in UP means you have much large share of votesā€¦
BTW, in recent years, UP is also attracting investments, like berger paints factory in Hardoiā€¦It was UPs regional caste & religion politics which has insured that even without economic development, people get to become ministers. Gunda- Raj was so powerful that whole of factories used to get stolen if bribe was not paid to local mafiasā€¦Things have improvedā€¦
Anyway Karnataka has far more contribution to the country in terms of attracting and nurturing businesses. have you read, once karnataka govt implemented 157/157 reforms suggested by a ease of doing business commitee.
But you see States like Odisha and tamil Nadu, they are growing faster even when not having BJP govts.

Iā€™m from UP only. Yes, it is growing fast. Infra projects are being completed in record time because of same Government at Centre, state and municipal level. But still a lot of catch up is needed.

Yes and here one flyover takes 10 years. :rofl:
Google for pumpwell flyover in Mangalore.

There should be simultaneous elections across the country. Too much money and time is wasted on one off elections. System needs to make it such that politicians get less time to play their games

1 Like