Stop the trades for 12 hrs after 2 or 3 trades

i have single acct and exited the market today with profit but that not happens daily. So i think that there should be a switch that can work like (kill switch stop the trades for 12 hrs after 2 or 3 trades), which i have done by manually using the kill switch. I think it works better for single acct holders

2 Likes

it will be very much helpful

3 Likes

thank you

I have heard of this kill switch but never understood what it is meant for. What I understand from the post is that a person does a trade, this is profitable and he exits. Then he wants the system to block him to do further trade for the next 12 hours. Is this what this kill switch does. Block you from doing further trade.

Is my understanding correct or is it meant for something else.

2 Likes

yes exactly, i used it many times and it is very useful. thanks for the thought

1 Like

Why do you want the system to block you. Why dont you just shut the pc and do nothing. Is this so addictive that you need a system to block you. Just asking.

3 Likes

ya definitely, its s greed or the fear takes you, i have tried every other thing but only thing that can help me is the above mentioned topic.

1 Like

want the system to block me because the day ends drastic red instead of profit.

This is going to be a big issue as your capital grows, you need to try and nip this in the bud.

Try this, if you make one mistake(break your own rules for trading )then take the next day off (self imposed ban). Two consecutive mistakes then two days off, and keep doubling this number for each consecutive mistake. Did this in my early days, worked like a charm.

My personal best, 6 months ban from trading… As i remember, it was the last time I broke my own rules.

1 Like

ya this is great, may be i think this was fruitful. Thanks for the thought

1 Like

in words this will surely help me and I hope every body else

1 Like

actually why i am attracted to this topic is i lost a lot of money a day/ months / year/ years. And when see back and analyze it when ever day i lost i have done a lot of trades that day, i assume that somebody would of stopped me doing those trades. i hope that switch would have stopped me from losing so much of capital, in future this switch may come and save others. Thanking you

1 Like

I hope so sheshu. I can feel it as I also lost a lot for the same reason.

2 Likes

Kill switch can only delay the inevitable if one is addicted to trading. Addiction clouds judgement. De addiction is needed for profitability.

2 Likes

Going by what the users have been saying, this can create serious mental health issues. This sounds like gambling where people get addicted and need a kill switch to stop them from doing more trades. I think Leverage is one of the issue which will result in entire capital getting wiped off. This is truly new to me.

The overall intention to enter equity is to park your savings and equity is one of the many ways to save money and create wealth. Is it not? People who use Kill switch should actually stay away from this and just invest and be happy.

3 Likes

If you can’t control your emotions you can’t be a trader. A kill switch not gonna solve a thing.

The only solution is you need to train yourself and be deciplined enough. Training yourself and be deciplined its not a rocket science . If you feel you just have take 2 ,3 trade then create a manual diary with 3 check box, once all 3 check box checked ,close the browser. Market will always here and everynew day is opportunity. Money lost is greater greater loss than opportunity lost.

Journaling helps a lot.

4 Likes

i hope zerodha is helping a lot by creating a kill switch, further extension of limit trades makes most trustworthy ie, above all like helping hand.

1 Like

i hope zerodha is helping a lot by creating a kill switch, further extension of limit trades makes most trustworthy ie, above all like helping hand for seekers.

1 Like
2 Likes

we or every body thinks a support always works in prize action, trading or socially

1 Like