SWP / STP in Zerodha

Started Zerodha quite recently, learning that it is a good platform. Now that such a basic feature as STP is not implemented even after 4 years after request, I’m wondering - did I make a mistake in opening account with zerodha?

Coin is a second-hand product for them. They may eventually get to it, but don’t expect this for few more years at least. If STP is something you require urgently, I must suggest you go somewhere else.

(My answer is based on the responses given till now. I actually invest in mutual funds through coin.)

Still waiting, pls let us know by when can we expect STP on Coin.

I love using Coin due to its simple UI. Adding these features will improve the user experience more and more.

It would be really great if you guys can provide a timeline by which you will be rolling out this feature as after scrolling through this thread I realised that this is being requested for more than 2years now and at this point we dont even know if you guys will be giving this feature.
So a definitive Yes or No would be great.

Sorry Rahul, there were a few reasons for the delay. one were expecting a major regulatory change which didn’t happen, which is why this got delayed. In the meanwhile, we started revamping Coin web and we are in the final states. Parallelly, we’re working on STP, the way we intend to do it allow across AMCs. There were a few challenges since we do it demat, but were close to figuring it out. Please bear with us.

6 Likes

Sorry to say this but this thread has become a joke. A critical feature is not implemented and it’s been 4 years since it was first requested! Last I commented on this thread was in Nov of 2017 and since then I have been following this thread only to see so many people just requesting this feature with no progress.

5 Likes

@Bhuvan, Is only Coin Web being revamped ? What about the Coin App ?

P.S. There is also no Treasury Bill, Govt. Security investing option in the Coin app.

1 Like

When will STP and SWP come. I’m want all my portfolio in one broker itself. At present I have to use different app to set up STP and SWP. PLEASE do it as soon as possible.

I have segrated my portfolio. I use zerodha for investment with my money and another broker with my parents given pocket money as I’m student and I don’t want to mix up my Portfolio.

With tags in Console now I can segrated my portfolio easily and I don’t need other broker for it.

But the Mutual fund part is still pending…I have SWP and STP with pocket or spending money I get from parents monthly

I put all the Money into debt Savings fund and with STP I transfer to equity and other debt. I using SWP to transfer money to my bank account every week as I know how much I spend.

I just hope this feature comes soon in future.

Desperately need STP…
Please let us know the release date of this feature.
@nithin @Bhuvan

I regret not analysing coin for SWP/STP feature and blindly started using it coz it’s Zerodha. But is it really complication that is not letting it come out? I suspect it’s not on their priority list and will consider it as if it is never going to come.

exactly 4 years now - and it seems one of biggest unicorn company’s great minds are still building the algorithm :monkey:

1 Like

Hi guys,
Any update?

Please let us know a tentative date if at all.
It is really getting frustrating at this point of time so many features are missing on the app and now I am not even able to track my coin investments on other platforms due to CAMS not showing all the records. I mean what kind of implementation is this that few funds are showing and few are not, whoever is at fault either they should just stop showing everything so that everyone is clear that you cant track your demat folios elsewhere other than coin itself and based on that one can decide to use coin or not.

Please work it out with Kfintech,cause they say that we cant help and you should talk to zerodha and you guys say its error on there part.

We dont even know what updates are lined up for Coin , i am using Coin for over an year now and i dont even remeber any new feature being added to app all this while ,all we get is generic reply that we are working on this. So please let us know what all things are going to come on the Coin app with a tentative time or is it even coming or not.
If it is not coming cause of any reason complex implementation or changes then you can just say that it is not coming, this thread is now 4 years old, so many apps which didn’t even existed 4 year back have this feature and Coin is still lacking on these things

1 Like

Seriously guys, we need expected date for STP/SWP. Have been waiting since long and there is no end in sight. It is very annoying not to have STP/SWP on Coin when other competing platforms are offering that facility since quite some time now.
@nithin @Bhuvan

someone here needs to time travel to the future for this.

I think Zerodha should sell their Mutual Fund App business, they will earn handsome money and will be free from user basic requested features.
Win win for Zerodha, whosoever buy it will get huge customer base and we as a consumer too.

@nithin @Bhuvan - What is making you to drag basic features ?? Can you please provide some transparency

3 Likes

I heard zerodha got AMC license, at least now they should bring in these basic features and fix the cutoff time.

@nithin @Bhuvan any update on SWP/STP features in coin? It’s been long time no update

1 Like

For all those posting / asking / wondering etc. if this feature will ever be implemented in Zerodha, I suggest instead of wasting time, open an A/c in Groww & use the feature (I have done).

A big loss of business will make a company sit up & take action. Left to them, they will keep coming up with excuses.

Choice is ours.

7 Likes

Jugaad for STP: if you invest from mfutility and start stp from there and prompt mfutility to allot new scheme units in demat of zerodha, it should work. (Haven’t tried it though.)

What are other platforms which provide feature for STP/SWP for units held in demat format? I am seriously regretting choosing coin without proper due diligence

Recently, I read that Groww allows STP/SWP facilities. Check it out and let me know as well.

I don’t think after the new SEBI rules thses facilities will be available.

2 Likes