SWP / STP in Zerodha

Yes, yes, like I had mentioned, this got seriously delayed because of some regulatory changes that we were expecting. Post the new Coin web going live, STP/SWP is the next release.

Will confirm how this works closer to the launch.

Thanks for bearing with us

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply.

My question regarding how many days in advance I need to redeem was actually based on current scenario where I have to manually redeem. If I set up a weekly SIP using the current SIP feature, how many days in advance would I have to manually redeem my liquid fund so that the funds are available in time?

Thanks.

redeem time for liquid fund is 1 day, if you place request before cutoff time you will have funds in your account next day… is this right @ShubhS9? you can plan your sip according to this.

Depends on Fund, for Liquid Fund it generally takes T+1 day.

@ankgt On the Fund redemption window, you can check how many days it takes for settlement and you can plan your Weekly SIP accordingly.

2 Likes

STP involves giving consent to a mutual fund to periodically withdraw a certain amount or redeem certain units and invest the proceeds in “another scheme” of the same fund house.

But the question is : who decides that “another scheme” and how it is decided?

It the investor who decides which scheme to withdraw funds from and which scheme to invest them in.

1 Like

So . For the each and every STP; the fund house seeks the approval permission of the investor?

Just like the way SIP works every month on a fixed date and fixed amount.
How do the STP work?

Sorry to be just another bugger on this topic @Bhuvan… Looking forward to SWP.

It has been two year already…still no SWP/STP Feature in the coin… moreover there is no option of daily sip…please tell when these feature launched??

BeWare; u will be charged for exit load !

Given how old this thread is can we at least get some kind of indicative timeline on an annual window if not small? Like is the plan to enable SWP/STP in Coin scheduled for 2021 or 2022?

@Bhuvan I understand there were regulatory changes that derailed whatever the initial plan was but some kind of indicative timeline basis the new plan you guys have put in place would be appreciated. Don’t want details, just a date or quarter (like Q4 of 2022) we can look forward to.

We’ll announce the beta of new Coin which we had to rebuild from scratch. Post that we’ll build all these features that have been long pending. Please bear with us.

2 Likes

Any dates for this release @Bhuvan @nithin?

Any update on SWP / STP in Coin @nithin, @Bhuvan?

Eagerly awaiting @Nitin @Bhuvan

This will clearly take more time. They were planning to launch beta of coin “soon” around 2 months back. And it was apparent that only after stable release, they would plan to start work on the swp and stp features.

1 Like

Seriously surprised relatively newer entrants like Groww have STP and SWP, howcome Zerodha is struggling to make this available since 2 years !!!

The above post was in 2017 and it says it all! :sweat_smile:

200+ weeks and counting…

@nithin are you sure it’s few weeks and not many weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

For sure couple more month from now, priorities and plans have changed during this journey, many regulatory changes and covid also played a role in delay.

1 Like

Have been hearing this from very long time. I have been following this thread at least from 2 years. I started using Groww after waiting for long time. I am still waiting for this so that I can come back to Coin for end to end MF investments.