SWP / STP in Zerodha

i wonder whether other brokers have solved these complexities or did they just came up with some temporarily patches

Yeah you can transfer them via CDSL portal if both the demat account are with CDSL

1 Like

We as investors have a right to know otherwise our retirement planning will be in a limbo. Will Coin provide SWP/STP? You should tell us now or we will have to move to AMCs directly :pray:

1 Like

You guys are not responding on SWP and STP queries it is very bad to see this. I am big fan of Zerodha but in context of Coin your service/feature enhancment is too slow.

Please either share timeline by when these STP and SWP feature will be available . if in near future it is not possible please confirm so that we can think and move and invest upcoming investment in AMC plan directly which is far better this.

How so?

BUt yeah i also wanna see STP and SWP facility in Zerodha.

Lack of transparency conveying the timeline and current status is against Zerodha’s core policy. Now I truly believe SWP/STP was/is/will be NEVER their priority.

2 Likes

SWP and / or STP is really needed facility with Zerodha Coin. Based on this thread, there are multiple promises that are made about the delivery of this feature, but even after 6+ years the feature is not implemented / nor the timeline is even in place.

May be the customers need to think of moving their portfolios to other organizations than to wait for this feature be implemented in Zerodha Coin any time soon.

oh you didn’t hear what @nithin said on that interview with Kunal only 1 developer takes care of all coin related stuff to keep the team as lean as possible. No wonder it takes years for a basic feature to be available along with all regulatory changes that happen very frequently.

We will be live with the STP and SWP feature by August 2023 end. The way we are planning STP and SWP will be an industry first, we apologise that it has taken longer than expected but with regulations hitting and working around the product, we wanted our users to have an ease in creating and automating the STP/ SWP on Coin.

8 Likes

The reason this hasn’t happened till now is that Coin until last year, the way it was built that we were essentially simulating everything ourselves by using lump-sum investments. It came with many advantages but also had the drawback of being unable to offer certain features. The SEBI’s move of not allowing funds in trading accounts for MF purchases meant we had to shift back to the normal execution of mutual funds. Now that we have that, we are about to launch STP/SWP, as mentioned by @Neelesh above.

The lean team doesn’t mean we compromise on feature releases. STP/SWP was a limitation due to how we had built Coin before.

8 Likes

Hi @Neelesh , great that we are going to have STP finally! Didn’t understand the “industry first” part! You mean for Demat type of holdings? Because other brokers already have this…

@nithin This is great if coin have daily increae or decasue ammount on total and script wise.

Hi @Bhuvan, hope you are doing good. Do we have any updates on this. I am still young but hope it’s in place before we retire :upside_down_face:

on lighter note -
अब ये भी नहीं ठीक कि हर दर्द मिटा दें
कुछ दर्द कलेजे से लगाने के लिए हैं

Also I was wondering if it possible to consolidate sips like this at UI level,keeping underlying mechanism untouched ??

We’re working on this :cry: The last year was like an existential crisis for us at Coin, given the nightmare of a transition. Things have settled now and we’re hoping to push this out soon.

Would it be possible to setup STP from a liquid fund of AMC A to Equity fund of AMC B ?

We are figuring out a way if we can do this.

2 Likes

Any update on SWP/STP in Zerodha Coin? Almost August 23 month end now.

Hi @BornArcher8 currently the feature is under beta testing. We shall be live soon :slightly_smiling_face:
FYI we will be going live in a phased manner, where first we will introduce SWP and then STP.

3 Likes

@Neelesh @nithin Is there any update on when SWP and / or STP will be rolled out for public usage. As initially promised, we are already at the end of August 2023, but there is no update / feature rollout that has happened yet.

If SWP and / or STP will be rolled out in staggered manner - please provide the timelines for both the features to be public, and also please share the limitations of these features in Coin as per your experience, so that the expectations will be set right at the consumer end as well.

1 Like