Tax Filing for Zerodha Traders

Howdy Traders :wave:

You have long complained about tax compliance. Its confusing, complicated & boring sometimes. We hear you!

The wait is over!!! :tada: We used the same Kite APIs that you all have grown to love & used them to simplify taxes for Zerodha Traders.

Here is how all of you can file taxes this season
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Import Intraday and F&O Trades directly from Zerodha
:moneybag: Upload Form 16 & Add other Incomes
:rocket: Review & e-File your Tax Return

Like always, We have special discounts for Zerodha Traders :slight_smile:

Get StartedπŸš€


I have swing trading income and not other sources of income on Trading. I want to declare it as my legal business and primary source of income. So what is the taxation requirement and which ITR do I file?

Hey Kunal,

Income or loss from Swing Trading will be taxable under the head Income From Business and Profession. You need to prepare and maintain books of accounts for your trading activities. You can claim all the trading related expenses while preparing your books of accounts. Hence keep the invoices and supporting of all the expenses with you. For example, keep the invoices of fees paid to an advisor, software purchased for trading analysis, online subscriptions paid etc.

You need to file ITR-3.