Tax Filing for Zerodha Traders

Howdy Traders :wave:

You have long complained about tax compliance. Its confusing, complicated & boring sometimes. We hear you!

The wait is over!!! :tada: We used the same Kite APIs that you all have grown to love & used them to simplify taxes for Zerodha Traders.

Here is how all of you can file taxes this season
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Import Intraday and F&O Trades directly from Zerodha
:moneybag: Upload Form 16 & Add other Incomes
:rocket: Review & e-File your Tax Return

ITR3-Optimised

Like always, We have special discounts for Zerodha Traders :slight_smile:

Get Started๐Ÿš€

2 Likes

I have swing trading income and not other sources of income on Trading. I want to declare it as my legal business and primary source of income. So what is the taxation requirement and which ITR do I file?

Hey Kunal,

Income or loss from Swing Trading will be taxable under the head Income From Business and Profession. You need to prepare and maintain books of accounts for your trading activities. You can claim all the trading related expenses while preparing your books of accounts. Hence keep the invoices and supporting of all the expenses with you. For example, keep the invoices of fees paid to an advisor, software purchased for trading analysis, online subscriptions paid etc.

You need to file ITR-3.

2 Likes

I am a college student do I need to file a itr

Hey @Mr_Localz,

It is always a good practice to file your ITR and report all your incomes. It reduces the chances of getting a notice from the Income Tax Department.
If your total income is below the basic exemption limit, you can file a NIL return.
Hereโ€™s a read on CBDT and SEBI data exchange partnership.

Is this Quicko Service still Activeโ€ฆI requested a call back.there is No response

Hey @profit,

Yes, can you drop in your contact details in DM here, so someone from our team can get in touch with you. :slight_smile:

Why donโ€™t CBDT tie up for property real estates trading transactions ?

How it could be possible? Because registration of property is specific to particular state city suburb zone .
And there are hundreds of such zones in india !!!

Can there be a one single window online registration?

if any query raised by income tax or scrutiny arises after filing income tax will quick assit upto which extent???

1 Like

Hi @qbswzz,
As per Quickoโ€™s policies, Quicko will help you with the response to the e-compliance queries.