Twitter will now be owned 100% by Elon Musk 🔥

It looks like elon musk gets what he wants. His 43 Billion dollar bid for Twitter has been successfully accepted by the board of the company after initial idea to use the poison pill strategy.

Twitter will now be a private company owned fully by Elon Musk.

What do you think about this news? And what are you looking forward to the most in the coming weeks and months from elon w.r.t changes in Twitter?

2 Likes

Looking forward to see , if elon gets bought into the vision of the board or the board gets bought into the vision of elon.

1 Like

looking frwd to see trump chacha back. he made mrkts n twitter interesting.

2 Likes

Its not done yet. And it might still fail. Board approval is just the first step.

1 Like

Is it so? I think there still will be private shareholders.

I guess, the closer the Twitter price is to $54.2, the more the chances of the deal to go through. Today twitter fell 3.6%.

I can still buy twitter for 48$ and If deal goes through sell at 54.2$ right? 12% Difference. But if the deal fails, Elon may sell his entire stake and open his own social media or something, which will hurt twitter soo much.

1 Like

Yes I agree, current price of Twitter indicates lot of uncertainties to deal

1 Like

Frankly news should more about tesla stock holders. They must be anxious more than anything else because elon musk doesn’t have liquidity to buy twitter most likely will dump tesla shares to buy or is just playing around to buy back tesla at a good price

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-26/tesla-is-on-pace-to-lose-100-billion-on-musk-s-bear-festival

You are right

2 Likes

The Twitter deal will not affect Tesla much. He will borrow & pledge mostly. Tesla dropped due to other reasons in my opinion. Yesterday Nasdaq itself fell so much.

2 Likes

Primarily Tesla fell because of investor sentiments and recent actions of Musk.

Twitter is definitely not worth it to be borrowed and mostly Elon Musk knows it. He doesn’t have 50 billion dollars liquidity. Most of that money is in paper assets as form tesla and spacex stock. I don’t think he would pledge them to get twitter. He would get a margin call and it’s not worth it. Now if he did dump the tesla stock completely to convert into cash to buy twitter then dark nightmare of tesla stock holders will come true . Frankly I think he is just playing same game as with bitcoin maybe buy back tesla at a nice price or something

At least nine other banks are helping Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and Barclays provide $25.5 billion in debt for the deal, including Credit Suisse Group AG, BNP Paribas SA, Citigroup Inc. and Deutsche Bank AG.

He has already sold US$ 4 billion worth of Tesla stock

1 Like

I recently read how Elon Musk collected money for his student debt. He turned his house into a nightclub. He has a lot about his life that can be motivation for many trying to make a future.

1 Like

I recently read a news headline that says that Elon Musk could be a temporary twitter CEO after the takeover.

1 Like

Musk seems to be having cold feet again. Flip flops continue.

1 Like

I think Twitter will no longer be free for users in the future. Musk will change the destiny of the company as what he has done with tesla.

1 Like

Elon Musk is a great businessman and it is not easy to buy a loss-making company. Twitter will be a great company in the future

1 Like

We all somehow expected it. But it would now be interesting to see what happens to the Tesla shares as many are expecting Musk to sell them. But I don’t think so.