Twitter will now be owned 100% by Elon Musk đŸ”„

Hmm, true. There are a lot of people trying to con others by pretending to act as someone else with same display name and almost identical username. That should be prevented.

Then I guess the only thing that can be done is to very a person by verifying their identity with government issued identification, to which many people in the western world are against, as they value their identity and privacy more than us.

Verification is not just paying 8$, there is a process to submit the documents to confirm who they say they are.

With that said, scammers are there everywhere.

Even before this 8$, you could buy twitter verification with 200-400$ in shady forums.

As I said previously, when you need that revenue to pay the bill (Musk’s words) process gets easily subverted.

It’s not the only revenue for twitter. There is no need to rush. Advertising revenue at 1B$ per Q.

If they are reducing ads on the platform for the blue users, then the revenue will be offset by the paying customers.

1 Like

@jashjacob unfortunately Elon Musk is not confident about advertising revenue as you are.
Maybe you can explain this quarterly revenue chart to him :slight_smile:

Even with 1B$ per Q advertising revenue, twitter is loss making and now post acquisition it gets saddled with Additional debt of $13 Billion
So clearly current revenue is not sufficient and Twitter needs to rush to find additional revenue / cost saving.

Anyways, no point arguing on this. Musk will do what he wants to do. And I doubt our posts will change his mind.

1 Like

Agreed. Lets see though how well twitter will do in a year from now

Now I will invest in Twitter. Lol!

You can’t. Musk plans to delist it, and trading in Twitter stocks has already halted. :stuck_out_tongue:

Twitter entering payments business
 Interesting

1 Like

44 billion dollars investment makes anyone hustle for revenues/profit ,musk is doing the same.He had disrupted industries before but built things from scratch, it will be good to see how he will be able to run/disrupt already established company.

1 Like

That 8 dollar blue icon cost some companies a lot of money these days

Does anyone feel that Elon musk is just diversifying his stock portfolio? Since he is a billionaire, his portfolio consists of companies (100% stocks) instead of just stocks.

1. Paypal (X.com) - FINTECH
  2. SpaceX - Aerospace
  3. Tesla - EV
  4. Neuralink - Biotech
  5. The Boring Company - Construction
  6. Twitter - Social media

“Never put all your eggs in 1 basket”.

Some diversification of stock holdings :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Musk doesn’t hold anything in PayPal. And doesn’t own 100% stake in anything. He has control of those companies (except PayPal). Yes diversification :stuck_out_tongue:

There is already so much that’s happened since this announcement. And yet a lot more to come.

He has to pay off 44B$ debt.

he has other personal investment. i.e stripe
I dont think he still hold stake in paypal.

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/elon-musk

crunchbase.com is best platform to see private equity investment. earlier it was free but now it is limited.

and he already sold some percentage of Tesla shares to start repaying it

yes, I know. 3.95 B USD.

1 Like
1 Like