Twitter will now be owned 100% by Elon Musk 🔥

Twitter has now introduced 20 dollar per month fee for blue ticks.
Now many Government departments will move to Koo

1 Like

According to a Securities and Exchange Commission document, the deal to turn Twitter into a private corporation was finalised late on Thursday. By Friday morning, Twitter’s stock, which had been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 2013, had already ceased trading!!

It is not done yet. Just rumors yet.

Not yet Quick Gun Murugan :stuck_out_tongue:

Musk is the quickest gun there is, be it South Africa or Silicon Valley :cowboy_hat_face:

He is just testing the waters. Maybe introduce at lower price later so people find it reasonable

2 Likes

1 Like

If regionally priced, then it will be great!

8$ per month is nothing.

$8 is better than $20 per month :upside_down_face:

Paying $100 per year is more than worth it for people who are important or popular enough for the badge to matter I suppose.

1 Like

Need it?, pay for it. Want it?, pay for it. Don’t need it or want it, don’t bother :grin:

Read some news that he might take it public again in 4-5 years

That is precisely the problem. Twitter verified was considered as a validation because you had to earn it. And that’s why it mattered to important people.
If anybody can get it by paying $8 it really has no significance for imp. people

if money can buy it, first one to get it would be scammers and Bot. After all, you can scam people easily if you are verified and $8 is but a small investment for scammers.

guess there will be different types of verification processes.

Lets say, we have sachin tendulkar , once he verifies himself - I dont think we will have other accounts with similar user name.

There has to be a differentiator between bots , scamsters and genuine folks

Twitter verifies only username, not display names.

Not sure how well versed you are with Twitter scams, but let me give you an example.
See below Tweet from someone pretending to be axis bank:

As you can see, this account is using some random username but Account name and picture tries to give an impression that it is axis bank (which it is clearly not) and trying to scam users.

Now consider the same scenario, and think that this account got verified by paying $8. It is still a distinct username, but now not only it has Axis bank name and pic, it also has blue tick.
That would be much more convincing.
A smart user will still be able to identify the difference, but for an average user, this would be nightmare.

Yes, that differentiator is current verification process.
When you open your verification process to get revenue, there is an incentive for twitter to verify more and more users (to get more revenue). And that differentiator is lost.

1 Like

Seems since he announced it people are kind of divided on this subject of 8$

People will always be divided, and in most cases it benefits all. We get to know arguments on both sides.

Seems like twitter is the main talk of the these days

This can be solved by introducing a restriction on display name. i,e. Nobody can use a display name that is similar to verified user’s username.

Same names are quite common in all the religions and countries, including yours (if that is your real name). This is the reason why in western countries people are called by surnames and not first names. So Twitter being a social networking site, and if I don’t mind people knowing my real name, and I want to socialize on internet with my real name, I will go with my name.

Companies on the other hand are unique, same name cannot be used by two companies, as the name is a registered trademark.

History tells us that Powerful people come from Powerful places but history was wrong because
Powerful people make places powerful.
#tag ELON MUSK

1 Like