Upstox Review: Is Upstox Brokerage under staffed?

Plain vanilla platforms. Odin desktop and a very basic web trading platform which is seriously disappointing. Their mobile app was decent.
Support like someone said takes ages to connect.
And, man the charges kill you. They raise brokerage if there is inactivity in your account, had to fight with them to get it changed.
Lack of direct MF’s for people who prefer everything in a single view. Not everybody likes investing directly through the AMC sites.

Disclaimer: My last trade with them was in 2015. Not sure what has changed.

1 Like

@maddy_Des Other brokers certainly offer higher margin & they offer margin even for CNC. But I have no idea regarding their trading platform & reliability.
I used to think that nothing is better than kite. But now hearing different opinions.

That’s Ok.

How about SAMCO? Nobody ever can challenge with their brokerage as they show in their nonsense TV commercials. :wink:

I have account with Samco too. Yes they have tie up with cnbc awaaz & keep coming with humorous ads all day. They are not better than zerodha when it comes to trading platform.

how is priority plan from upstox? do u connect easily?

2 Likes

its a very lonely place out there at Upstox.One of their founder has left the company.Two of the well known guys in TradeAcademy their learning arm have also left.I see many request of ppl are not being answered over there

Maybe taking an early retirement, before they are been forced to work late till 11:30 in the night from October.

1 Like

What is the situation at Upstox now?

Opened an account last week. Super hassle free experience. Member here as well!

Opened an account with them also, last week. Similarly cool experience. Equally good.

There is no harm in opening an accnt with multiple discount brokerage espec without a demat accnt n see what works for yourself !

Opened an accnt with them also last week. Great experience

Opened an accnt last week. All cool.

Chat with us, facility within the app doesnt require yoy to make any calls

1 Like

Chat with us facility within their app, someone answers all your queries. A call may not be reqd. !

2 Likes

Agree on the bit that both upstox pro fr mobile and upstox web espec are as gud. Opened an accnt with them also last week.

All low brokerage cos have poor systems & support. That’s the price you pay so have to live with it. If you are in F&O trading then be prepared for a big loss during high volatility. This has happened to many traders & will continue. Zerodha is now no 1 so imagine no. of concurrent users…its very difficult for them or anyone for that matter to handle scalability issues…upstox is a small co with their own issues as i hear that its not doing well.

I oepend account with them for low margin on 30 per trade but the margin blocked was same as zerodha’s 20 per trade… account opening process hassle free. And chat with us option is good. now i prefer kite than their pro .

My experience with Fyers Securities has been very sound. They are easily reachable during market hours mostly in less than 3 minutes. And after the market hour, they take around 7-10 minutes. One can try by themselves to know it.

I use 3 brokers, namely - Edelweiss, Upstox and Zerodha. I’ll save you the time and give you a brief positives and negatives for all the above mentioned brokers.

1. Edelweiss
    SERVICE - Unmatched & Unparalleled; BROKERAGE - 0.20% / 0.02% (no min. brokerage commitment); GREAT FOR - Fundamental Analysis, Investors; TECHNOLOGY - Mobile Trader is THE best for investors and traders alike. Great website. Period.

2. Upstox
    Service - No complaints here, have done all my tasks on time; BROKERAGE - Rs. 20 (normal), Rs. 30 (priority); GREAT FOR - Charting, Technical Analysis, Killer Mobile App, Fantastic Commendable Online Trading Platform, Tie Up with 3rd Party Desktop Apps.

3. Zerodha
    SERVICE - Superb; BROKERAGE - Rs. 20; GREAT FOR - Innovation, however Kite is no match for Upstox Pro, Console, Streak, Sensibull, Smallcase, Screener, Varsity; POOR IN - Zerodha is the jack of all trades but master of none; Crashes are an usual thing (latest crash 04/02/19 at 9:25am); Feature-less half-baked mobile app.

That’s it.

1 Like

Upstox chat with us facility is indeed great. Lets not be critical without seeking actual experience. Hearsay is no gud