Vodafone Idea Limited - Rights Issue

Rights Issue of Vodafone Idea opened on April 10th, 2019 and closes on April 24th, 2019. If an investor held 38 shares as on the record date (April 2nd, 2019) s/he is eligible to apply for 87 shares at the price of RS. 12.50 each.

The process of applying for a rights issue is through ASBA (Applications Supported by Blocked Amount). If your bank supports it, you can apply online just like an IPO.

If not then you would have received a courier of the Composite Application Form (CAF) from RTA (Registrar and Transfer Agent) of the company. You will have to fill the form and submit it at a Self Certified Syndicate Banks (SCSBs) branch.

The details of the Rights issue will be mentioned in the form which primarily includes the Rights Issue ratio and the Book closure date.

The details to be filled are:

• *Cheque/DD details (non ASBA)

• Select NSDL - if your DP starts with IN. Select CDSL if the DP ID is completely numeric.

• Your PAN number. If you have a joint account then fill in the PAN of the second holder.

• Fill your DP details. You can find your DP ID and the Beneficiary number under the profile section of Console.

• Your signature. Signatures of both account holders if it is joint account.

Once done you can submit at any branch of a Self Certified Syndicate Banks (SCSBs). The list of banks can be found on the application from itself.

Once the issue allotment is completed, the stocks will be credited to your DEMAT account within 15 to 20 days from the Book Closure date.

For an example on how to apply for a Rights issue, check out this post on TradingQ&A.

Details for the Vodafone Idea rights issue are available below:

1 Like

Is there any way to generate the CAF form online?

You will be able to generate the form here:

http://www.bigshareonline.com/Web_Reports/BOSSReports/RightsIssue/VodafoneIdead.aspx

You will require your DP ID and PAN.

1 Like

When is the last date to submit ? is it 17th or 24th?

1 Like

@arjunufo : last date to submit your application is 24 April . last date for request of a split form is 17April.

what is a split form here?

CAF form can be submitted till 24th ? Isnt any banks providing ASBA option for this.?

Split form is required if you want to split your total entitlement in to 2 or more means part sell part apply or part sell to more than one person. for this you have to request for split formS by surredning original CAF. CAF once splitted can not be re-splitted.
user of split form can not apply through ASBA…
There are many banks which are SCSB means provide ASBA facility but you have to visit those branches with CAF and pan card unless your bank provides this facility.
if your application is less than rs 2 lakh why take this much trouble . simply fill the form attach a cheque and submit at a collection centre in your town even till 24 April .

Can someone please guide me to apply for rights issue through ASBA, i have account with HDFC Bank and holding shares in Zerodha account

2 Likes

@DeepanshuJain : if your bank is SCSB and you have taken internet banking facility it is possible to do online or else you have to visit a SCSB with rights application form and pan card . SCSB stands for self certified syndicate bank . kindly ask your bank if they accept online application under asba.
If the application amount is less than rs 2 lakh you may use the cheque process whereby you have to hand over the application at a collection center at your place.this you can do even on 24 April the last day.

Looking for the same answer with ICICI Bank. I checked today in my IPO section but vodafone idea is not listed there yet. I have also not received the form by courier yet. When will it come? Any info will be helpful

1 Like

Same for State Bank of India. Vodafone Idea rights issue is not listed under the ASBA section of SBI as well.

Also, what is split application form. Below quote is from Vodafone Idea’s announcement on the issue.

last date for request of split application forms will be April 17

@Vikash_Singh @nishitpatira @arjunufo The rights issue form can be easily downloaded from www.bigshareonline.com.
The rights issue entitlement is also traded at rs 1 at BSE under code 750620.
Split form is required if you want to split your total entitlement in to 2 or more means part sell part apply or part sell to more than one person.

@sabkaview Isnt any banks with ASBA giving option to do it online?

@arjunufo @nithin @Bhuvan @siva There are 7-8 threads on VODAFONE rights discussing same issues . you may kindly merger the same .

hi i own 9600 shares of idea at 39.6, today 29th march its showing a loss of almost 1 lakh . please tell me how many shares should i purchase/eligible to purchase after rights issue and at what rate will i get, and when and how to apply for it?

thanks

vodafone idea is not an good investment stock telecommunication sector is very heavy competition, so please exit vodafone idea , 2008 i purchased at 41 and i sold on same year itself still its trading same price levels what a stock. , better to put in FD

vodafone idea is not an good investment stock telecommunication sector is very heavy competition, so please exit vodafone idea , 2008 i purchased at 41 and i sold on same year itself still its trading same price levels what a stock. , better to put in FD

1 Like

Go through this link, very informative…hope it helps

1 Like

@dd2117 @Mehdi_Abbas : your 9600 shares will give you rights to apply 21978 shares at 12.50 per share during offer period 10 April to 24 April. you will get a form by registered post and after filling it attach a cheque and handover at a collection centre in your town or send by post to registrar BIg share pvt ltd ,Mumbai.
you have few other options
(1) rights form will be listed at BSE in R group under code 750620 during april 10 to april 18.
(2) you can sell the form to some unquoted share dealer .
(3) you can request a split form by 17 April (surrendering the original form ) so that part you can apply part you can sell.

1 Like

@nithin @siva ; May i kindly request you to please merger all the 3 or may be 4 listings of VODAFONE IDEA rights to avoid multiple question and answers of similar nature on same issue.