Watchlist Pro - TradingView like watchlists on Kite

Hi folks,
I don’t want to spam or do self-promotion but I did not find a better place than TradingQ&A to share something I built for the Zerodha Kite community.

I created a Chrome extension, Watchlist Pro for Zerodha Kite, that brings a TradingView-like watchlist to Kite. You can create as many watchlists as you want and add up to 1000 stocks per list. Do a click on a stock and it opens the chart on the side. It comes with other features like bulk importing stocks to a list and moving stocks between lists.

My primary motivation was to have the necessary paid TradingView features available so I don’t have to jump between Kite & TV and save some money :sweat_smile:.

Please visit the website to find out more about it.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Hello @Murli_Prajapati,

Appreciate your work and the effort you have put and it looks fine and working well on chrome.

1. Could you please build it for FireFox? Would be helpful for FireFox users including me.

2. Just a small stuff i noted on your website > Pre-made Watchlists > Broad Market Indices is missing Nifty Next 50 index. Scrips from that index could be added from Nifty 100 minus Nifty 50 but see if it’s possible to add that as well under Broad Market Indices heading.

3. Under FAQs say it’s FOSS and point to the page where code is available. (Flaunt the code when you have made something good :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hi @ValueInvestor0,
Thanks for trying out the extension and giving feedback.

Building it for Firefox is in the plan, but I need to look at the extension APIs similar to Chrome and what response I receive for the Chrome extension. I’ll add the Nifty Next 50 stocks list today.
The code needs some refactoring before making it open-source. :sweat_smile:

Hye Murali,

Good Going, i love your Watch-list ext. for chrome, if you keep upgrade one ext. is enough to use all swing trader. not required other platform

thanks for given your time and effort and love one feature
Thanks
Bhupen

just one upgrade requirement from my end, add multiple color flag watch-list like TV. its premium service, is enough.

1 Like

Hi @Bhupen_A,
Appreciate your suggestion. I thought of adding the colour flag feature but essentially it would just be a watchlist with a specific colour. You can just create a watchlist called Red/Green/Orange and move stocks to it based on your criteria.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Yes its right, as a swing trader, i have some parameter to go direct ion what i want to see in color code. to give priority

Human mind attract to colors not txt as per my study

1 Like

For selfish reason ( and also since zerodha isn’t increasing number of watchlists and i have given up after requesting them at least for few months now) i would be defnitely waiting for Firefox extension :slight_smile:.

Also see what you could improve further from any suggestions here if possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Murli_Prajapati thanks man for such an amazing web extension you have made , i would like to tag @nithin if he could find a way to make it default or sync with zerodha.
Once again thanks murli for your hardwork

1 Like

@Jhonydsuza Thanks for the appreciation :raised_hands:. The sync from Kite to the extension should be possible with Kite APIs but that would also allow access to other things in the Kite account which I want to avoid as we are dealing with sensitive information.
But the current features should help people in their regular trading. Will keep updating based on the suggestions.

Just came here to request this feature and found your post . Thank u so much for doing great work . However i want to know is there any site or excel where these stock codes are available easily or we have to manually type every stock

This is great effort. Very useful. Keep it up.

Scroll down here to find the predefined watch lists. You can import them.