Weekly Trading Dairy: 16th April 2018 to 20th April 2018

What time frame you use for candlestick patterns?
Any specific entry criteria?
How do you filter stocks please?

15 mins chart.
Entry criteria based on formations (eg. If there’s a flag formation in an uptrend, I try to enter as soon as I see a breakout).
Also sudden volume spikes are considered.
I try to study almost all Nifty 50 stocks’s charts night before for sto k selection (especially top gainers losers).

Thanks. What about the best time of the day to trade or avoid trading?

Please don’t follow my advice.
I am only making losses.

Last time Indian market had shown its chamak on INFY stock, this time US market has shown its chamak on INFY…:money_mouth_face::wink:
Better to buy INFY jahan se Sikka ka Kissa khatam hua…

Here is the one fr u on a lighter note……

1 Like

Started the day early with a 4k loss, but covered up with the rest of the trades. 4 intraday trades and the rest were stocks that I had bought over the last two weeks. I also made an imaginary 45k by papertrading INFY :slight_smile:

P.s Yes, The trades were backed by margin, but it is a calculated risk with rock solid stop losses.

7 Likes

1 Like

used my same old strategy it is working fine for me

How much Capital deployed??

Simple trend following, 1 lot each

Intraday trade alert: 17 April, 2018

Total profit : around 0.3 R = 30 rs ( without brokerage+ charge) (0.1%)

I didn’t trade because of fucking Zerodha.

1 Like

General Notes―

• Pivot point worked, but when there is a large gap up/down the pivots look wonky. Find out about this.
  • A long shadowed shooting star or bullish hammer/hanging man doesn’t seem to work.
  • Made a risky second trade on NTPC, since the short was not working out. First resistance crossed so bet on price reaching near second resistance.
  • Trading aggressively again (around 10:40 AM). Take a break.
  • IBVENTURES bullish hammer like pattern with a noticeable high shadow turned out to be genuine. Missed about 5 points.
  • Hangman on NTCP but not confident to make the trade.
  • One more net loss day but learning a lot. Have much to learn about setting up solid trades. Need to also improve on patterns and indicators.

Things to work on―

• Setup trades more confidently and don’t pull the trigger unless pattern and volume confirm.
  • Figure out if the pivot study gives reliable support and resistance especially after a gap up or gap down.
  • Stop trying to catch up with sharp trends. It’s usually too late.
  • Aim for trades that give better RRR

So I’m actually mantaining a trading journal using wordpress as I trade and these are some of the notes from there. Sorry they are incoherent.

3 Likes

17th Apr couldn’t book full profit potential of 12k atleast in MT because of internet failure so had to exit early through app.Sad day😑

Another day with Rs3300 profit…,

3 Likes

I’m down 2000 bucks as of now. Any trades that can get me back in the game for today?

What is your capital bro?

Bank Nifty is range bound today… eating away premium on both the call side and put side… thankfully I got out at the right time from 25400pe…I sold that at 186.55 and today’s high is 187…booked little profit.sharp reversal in 25400pe after that…:grinning:now trading at around 145…