What are continuous futures charts that I see on Kite?

@nithin & @siva can you please answer this… ? On each expiry the premium on Nifty FUT will be zero and on the next day when you use the near month contract there will be some premium on the FUT contract.

I’m guessing that a roll factor hasn’t been applied and that is why this feature has not been applied to commodities where some quarterly contracts exist and the bump in premium after expiry will be huge, which’ll show up as gap up on every expiry.

Can check this.
Continuous is also available for mcx.

1 Like

@nithin sir, its great to have continuous chart for futures. I was waiting for this for a long time.
I would also like to request you to have Open Interest chart / indicator on futures chart.
Hope we will have this Open Interest indicator / chart very soon.
Thank you.

1 Like

In our list of things to do.

1 Like

Requested access for the gsheet… Thanks for clarifying about commodities.

Dear Nithin

Though an Excellent Tool, Would like to seek the following clarification

1. Are the Monthly Roll overs are Adjusted if Yes the how does the gap of the Monthly Roll Overs are adjusted.
  2. Or is there any specific way is adopted, Please Explain.

Hope my Mail will be replied, Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Deepak.C

Are continuous Futures Charts also available on TradingView Charts? If yes, please explain how to enable continuous data on TradingView Charts. I am not able to locate the option.

Thanks,
Gaurav

1 Like

When do we have continuous future chart available for tradingview chart? and when would we have options chart(expired)…(any alternative here?)

1 Like

Next release.

Options we don’t provide, may be check with registered data vendors.

1 Like

Even after being the largest stock broker in india why zerodha is still failing to add “current month continuous future data” for CDS and as well for MCX? (Intraday format) . Fyers have it since jan 2018 in EOD format as well as all intraday time format. If they can do it, then what stopping zerodha? If the 80 % of the trading voloume comes from Intraday then why Zerodha is not willing to provide this historical data format? what is stopping zerodha from offering it? and also CDS is offer by NSE but still we dont get to see level 3-20dept data for it. Why???
@siva @nithin

Cds will try to get in coming days for EOD but for intraday one can use current futures.

We don’t see 20 depth will add much value for cds.

Ofcourse one can use current future data for trade but what about backtesting new strategies or building new system?
In trading data is everything yet zerodha is not willing to provide yet claim zerodha is trying to put up the gap between retail and PRO HNI! Zerodha is doing so many things to educate people yet they are not even focusing the main thing data. And providing historical data for zerodha should not cost much Considering the size and impact of zerodha!! If fyers can do it why not zerodha?

Yes that is true from zerodha’s point of view.
Not much people trade in CDS, the volume is pretty low, compare to cash & FNO, but then again zerodha should not mentioned things like

“we have not only bridged this gap but have given retail traders an edge over institutions with better products and pricing. In the same spirit of democratisation, I am super excited to let you all know that we are now ready to give you all access to level 3 or 20 depth market data for the first time in India, probably the world.”

Unless Zerodha can do the same for all segment they offer irrespective of revenue they are generating from that particuler segment. Partiality in the name of “edge over institutions” trader is not good.

And if voloume & revenue generating is not the reason for zerodha for not offering 20dept level 3 data, then kindly explain how CDS script are different than any other scripts in cash & fno? Does CDS scripts follow different trading machanism than Script in Cash & FNO?

And also I have heard the excuse before for not providing Continues future data in intraday time format for FNO scrips that one can use cash intraday historical data for back testing strategies, what excuse zerodha has for mcx & cds?
Zerodha is willing to provide unlimited count of indicator, two different type of charting platform i,e Chrtiq & TV for technical analysis for its user yet they are forgetting the main thing data. How does it make sense? And unlike other exchanges in other country indian exchange does not charge anything for trading member for data yet zerodha does not wanna keep record of historical data!!

@Nitin @siva

Are you really our client or someone from other broking house because we really got many things reachable to retail clients for the first time in India and we are planning to do more.

What made you to quote this statement?? We offer cash for free and we generate decent volumes and revenues from cds, why we din’t offer is due to some limitations and is in our list of things to provide in coming days. Also currencies are liquid enough in the capacity of a retail trader, there are just 4 underlying s and we haven’t got a single request to offer it till now.

We will offer spot rates soon for cds which should fix this.

Check our last conversation in your Msg box, you will have my Client code there, and do a background check since 2017 to till now and see if that much brokarage is sufficient enough to be consider as Zerodha’s client.

Both Cash , FNO and CDS script are offer by NSE and if revenue is not the reason and unless CDS scripts follow different trading machanism than Script in Cash & FNO, then what is the actual reason for this parciality? How Zerodha don’t see 20 dept will add much value for CDS?

And what abou MCX? I dont understand one thing, even after being the largest broker in India who provide two Technical anaylisys platform(ChartiQ & TV), and lots of other technical tools and yet refuse to provide the main thing Data (Historical data in different format, EOD as well as in Intraday Time Frame for all the segment)
What is the point of having two different technical analisis platform and other technical analisis tools if zerodha wants it’s user to trade based on fundamental rather than technical?? ( Especially For CDS & MCX )

what stopping zerodha for maintaining a seperate “ScriptsName -I” i,e “Nifty-I” continuous future data in different segment especially for CDS and MCX scripts?? If other third party vendor can do it, other small brokarage house can do it then it is a shame for Zerodha, especially when Zerodha has two different Technical anaylisys platform yet dont have data to provide.

https://fyers.in/introducing-continuous-futures-charts/

Note :

If my objective was to spread negetivity about zerodha then there are lots of other platform available to do so,
the objective of trading QNA is to interact with clients and see whats lacking so that zerodha can Improve,
All I am trying to do is point out something which is lacking in Zerodha, from a user point of view, You may agree or disagree but I do find it quite funny, having two diffrent Technical anaylisys platform but dont have suffient data to analyse!! And also the parciality of 20 dept level 3 data!

And FYI I do appreciate Zerodha’s effort for bringing revolution in this industry, as well for the zerodha varsity initiative.:smiley:

@siva @nithin

As I said earlier due to some limitations it is not offered in the first release but it is in our list of things to do, will take sometime. We also prioritize features based on adding value to end clients and based on requests we get. Also needless to mention that clients should be happy for any business to grow. Said that we have close to 2 million clients and based on the requests we get we prioritize and start working on that.
We din’t get any request on offering 20 depth for cds also I am personally wondering as there are only 4 main contracts and everything is on that, near and next month futures always have volumes enough for retailers, let me know if I am missing something here. Said that it is in our list of things and will take more time as not on our priority list as of now.

Will provide this, soon.

Hi,

I see the close value of some of the FUTURE charts different with enabling continuous data and without enabling continuous data on a given date. Can you please help me why is this difference of value in normal chart and with continuous data ?

Any updates on this?

1 Like

Is it adjusted continuous data or unadjusted ?

Futures data is not adjusted for corporate actions.

1 Like

Actually I meant for rollover gaps?