What does the rule say for 50:50 colleteral

i know zerodha considers the liquidbees as cash equivalent and does not require 50:50 ratio in cash:collateral margin , to trade in intraday !

BUT , there are a few discount brokers who don’t consider the liquidbees as cash equivalent and do require the 50:50 ratio in cash:collateral margin , to trade in intraday !

my question is :
what does the Rule / law say ?
what does the sebi/ exchange say ?

if the rule says : consider the liquidbees as cash equivalent and not require 50:50 ratio in cash:collateral margin , to trade in intraday !
AND if any broker does not follow this rule ; can I assume that broker is not compliant with the norms laid down by the sebi/nse ? AND , thus , can I make a complaint against such brokers to the regulators ?

This has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Please use the ‘search’ feature for the answer. Closing this question. If you have a follow up question, do ask on the existing post. Also in future, please refrain from creating duplicate queries.

I did not find the answer to this question in the search . request pls kindly reply if u know the answer . thk u .

NSE circular

Got this from earlier thread Requirement for 50:50 Cash & Collateral

Go to Effective deposits in that circular you will find like mentioned below:-

All collateral deposits made by CMs are segregated into cash component and non-cash component.

For Additional Base Capital, cash component means cash, bank guarantee, fixed deposit receipts, T-bills and dated government securities. Non-cash component shall mean all other forms of collateral deposits like deposit of approved demat securities.

At least 50% of the Effective Deposits should be in the form of cash.

Then you need learn how to search! Going forward if we keep seeing repeated questions which have already been answered from your handle we’ll just delete them! We cannot keep saying the same thing over and over again and ruin the experience for other members of the forum!

1 Like

Does T-bill (91 Day T-Bill) consider as Cash component??

I have searched in the “Approved list of Securities at Zerodha.” but did not find it

@Bhuvan