What is continuous daily chart and how to get continuous daily chart for BANKNIFTY Futures?

I read that Continuous NFO FUT daily data from 2010 is available with the latest Pi update.
1.How it is different from regular daily charts?
2. Does it mean that we can get the daily data of all FNO FUT dating back to 2010?
3.How to get continuous daily chart for BANKNIFTY Futures?

1. Future contract come with an expiry date attached to it so it mean contract cease to exist upon that expiry date. So, for ex: if we consider bank nifty future contract, the maximum period it is available for trading is 3 months so we can get around 65 to 70 daily candles of data but if any trader want to get any view on the long term trend it is impossible with that. Thus we connect several future contracts together to create a long term chart called as continuous future chart.
  2. Yes, as of now only daily data is available but will provide hourly data in coming weeks.
  3. Add Banknifty fut contract on to market watch and right click on it and select continuous chart option as shown below to get continuous chart.

2 Likes

@siva Got it. Thanks for the explanation

thanks a lot for this facility. you guys are real life savers. Well you guys are money savers for sure :wink: . this was one of the main reasons for me renewing my Spider Iris subscription.

Hi Siva,
Any update on providing hourly data for continuous futures contracts?
Cheers!

This will take more time.

When will the continuous chart for hourly data be provided for futures contract?

Are continuous charts available in Trading View?

Not available for now.

Is this on the to-do list?

1)When will future continuous data for 15 min be available atleast for nifty and banknifty… Intraday traders could never Backtest, any futures stratergy unless this data is made available manually or through streak automation ?why is trading view charts are not having this feature? 2)Options historic data is provided by nse but that too not available in kite or streak? Is it that zerodha doesnot want intraday retailer to trade after proper back testing of systems in technical analysis? Why not charge additional for it?