What is Sentinel?

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Easier way would be to implement vertical scroll bars on both sides!

@Bhuvan: Great facility! I have been looking for one like this today. Is there a facility to upload the symbols and the triggers?

Couldn’t quite understand what you meant. Using advanced triggers, you can combine multiple conditions into a single alert. For example
ClosePrice(‘NFO:INFY18MAYFUT’)<= ClosePrice(‘NSE:INFY’) && VolumeTraded(‘NSE:INFY’)> VolumeTraded(‘NSE:TCS’)

I am looking for an alert when the security price traded (LTP) has reached a certain value. These are for a large (Lol) no. of scrips.
These are computed levels from software. Since the nos. are large, it would be nice if they can be uploaded (in some format).
Thanks for the Swift response!

Hmmm, this isn’t possible currently. You will have to create alerts separately, but will check the possibilities with our team.

But do we have alerts in kite 3.0 , which boasts for so many features and is currently in 3 version? This most wanted feature has been missing from zerodha since 2010.

Took them 8 years to implement simple alert. Well done zerodha.

Now can we place alerts on charts please?

Hi,

Thanks for the alert service.

Can you add SMS also?

thanks

We are exploring the possibility.

Hmm nice, but I will wait untill you add push notifications as well as realtime sms/call alerts.

Push notifications will be live soon. Given the issue with SMS deliverability we aren’t really keen but, you will get a notification on Kite, Email and an push notification on mobile which just about covers all bases.

We’ll soon add a Sentinel shortcut in the marketwatch menu. Will check the possibility of adding it on the charting window with our team.

you could use marketatp.com if required which is completely free.

2 Likes

@Bhuvan can you provide some additional computing options - say i want to short options 300 points away from the Spot price, and i need a trigger for the same. eg. NIFTY is at ~10700. I want to short 11000CE and 10400PE if the sum of premiums is say > 50.

Btw, amazing tool. great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

LastTradedPrice(‘INDICES:NIFTY 50’)>=10700 && ((LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:NIFTY18MAY11000CE’)) + (LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:NIFTY18MAY10400CE’)) >=50)

So, one will get alert when nifty is above or equal to 10700 and premium combined for both options is greater than 50.

1 Like

This is incredible … Do you have a webhook to which these alerts can be subscribed to? Like how kite is receiving it … can it be securely exposed in pub/sub mechanism? Also, any plans on APIs to create the triggers?

Not yet, will check the possibilities with our team.

@siva thanks for the super quick reply. what I am asking is to check (X+500) CE and (X-500) PE

eg. Nifty spot X is at 10700
I want a trigger if (X+500)CE which is 11200CE and (X-500)PE which is 10200PE.
So if sum of 11200CE and 10200PE > say 50, I need an alert.

Also I feel its good to have a few features, can I ping you here or as a direct message.

You will get alert provided you fill ‘X’ by some positive integer and create a trigger.In this case no need to give 1st condition as in above answer of mine, also why don’t you try this condition once by yourself.

Hi All,
How to get the Stock alerts configured in sentinel to my mobile phone?