What is Sentinel?

Not yet…I have noted issues with Sentinel and it has not been resolved yet. I have stopped using it and am using in.tradingview.com to set alerts which works just fine.

Option baskets can be created. But it is triggered based on alerts. But alerts are not working well with Nifty, Our premier index. I am not sure what is the situation with the rest of the instruments.

@t7support, thanks for confirming.
@nithin,@bhuvan,@siva checked again, the sentinel allows only 10 functions? so it cant be used for portfolio basket tracking, or any option-chains having more than 10+ or 10- functions of basic math.
I wonder, why these are created enthusiastically, perhaps with the right objective and to see that all these restrictions either unforeseen-at-design or unplanned, just cripple their usage. So many man-hours wasted if left unused.
Please consider hinderance causing practical applicability of these restrictions and feed-back from users to make the product a success, else just dont create them

Please try to consider both the spectrum, layman/simple use and pro/complex-use, and if both of them can be accommodated, then only the design can succeed.

Can we expect anything or is it a standard answer from @siva: ‘cant be done, live with it’?

Only issue is alert on Index nifty can’t be created from 7 to 9.08 am and this happens only on spot, apart from this any other alert issue are you facing?

Can you tell me your use case?

Well, the latest error happened when I was checking between 7 - 9.08 AM. Need to check outside this window. I will do that today.

Even after 3.30 if I try to place an alert with in the high and low of todays candle for the next day this error happens.

I guess we need to define when Sentinel thinks the current day is over. In in.tradingview.com this is around 7.30 PM - 8 PM. My thought is that Sentinel thinks the current day is over only when it gets the next day price info.

problem 1: more than 5 unique instruments arent allowed (there goes 95% of my reason not to use sentinel)

requirement:
(
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:RELIANCE’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:IDEA’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:REC’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:PFC’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:SAIL’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:PEL’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ACC’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ZEEL’)) < 5000

problem 2: 10 functions are allowed?? then whats the point of having all those facilities which work in isolation but not as a company?

(
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:PFC’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:PEL’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ACC’) +
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ZEEL’)
) < 2000
&&
(
LastTradedQuantity(‘NSE:SBIN’) < 2000 &&
LastTradedQuantity(‘NSE:PFC’) < 2000 &&
LastTradedQuantity(‘NSE:ACC’) < 2000 &&
LastTradedQuantity(‘NSE:PEL’) < 2000 &&
LastTradedQuantity(‘NSE:ZEEL’) < 2000
)
||
(
VolumeTraded(‘NSE:SBIN’) > 2000000 &&
VolumeTraded(‘NSE:PFC’) > 1000000
)

3. cant see the full picture if we keep scrolling for advanced trigger creation, no maximize window option??
(maximize window option is absent even in KITE BASKET orders). Why such silly restrictions?

Yeah, so during the same day ohlc should not be used.

Will increase the number soon.

What do you mean by it? Can you add a bit more,please.

That comes by design, anyhow we are working on shifting sentinel on to kite itself, will take more time though.

Kindly note that you can mark EOD after the exchange closes. May be keep it around 8 PM to cover for non standard exchange timings like Muhurat trading. There is no need to wait till the next day price tick. I set the next day alerts after the current day market closes. I guess lot of the reccos I have seen on TV and online also gives entry, exit and targets. We should be able to set alerts before market opens. Please look in to this.

This also brings me to another question. When I set an alert price in Sentinel between 9.15 pm - 3.30 pm does it look for the levels in previous day or the current day ? I guess by the current logic the previous day OHLC is likely to be used. Please confirm.

Current day.

Will add this in next update, we are planning to move sentinel on to kite itself.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Integrating in to Kite would be awesome.

2 Likes