What was your aha moment

I think that’s all we want from trading! Even you are in the field of trading from more than 8-10 years, if you are still uncertain about the market, then it shows our reality too, like we are nothing then as we are here from about just months (newbies).

But I’m definately sure that you are right in your trades more than 80-90% times. :face_with_monocle:

But if trading is giving a decent :moneybag:, even if we are not that much perfect, then atleast for me, i will be much happy :smiley: and i think you all too!

The timeline is different for all. Some click in just a couple of years.

It all depends on our narrative. Who are we, outside of trading matters a lot?

I took a whole lot of years is necessarily not be a benchmark for someone. I may not to be so bright for that matter.

This just doesn’t happen, when you trade for long. Not for me. My best fluctuates between 55-60%.

That’s where we need to accept there ll losses, and pumped up the reward factor.

We always tend to forget market is uncertain. What we are doing is just a guess work. So better put the SL and pump up the reward factor.

Market tends to give assymetrical returns at times. We just don’t know when. Till then be at peace with your SL’s.

1 Like

If winning probability is 70%, even a win/loss amount in the ratio of 1:1 will make sure the trader is profitable.

Taking that in consideration, then your risk:reward ratio must be 1:2 or more in order to be in profit.

Correct me if i guss wrong🙃, your average risk to reward is 1:3 and your ROI is 20% ( ie. You earn around 20% of your capital deployed per 10 trades… )

I think you earn half your capital in one month.

Pls don’t mind I’m just curious to guss your earnings😝

Do you want his P/L statement too :grin:

Yeah! And i want your too and all in this community if possible :grin:

But i will never gonna share mine atleast for now :grin:

Atleast i can tell myself that i will too be earning that much in future😂

Be in my team or share your p&l :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just kidding

Mine will be in small digits, you will say that your P/L looks better :grin:

Also, a person’s numbers are his, because when it comes to finance, even numbers are subjective. For someone in this forum 1,00,00,000 could be huge, for some it could be 1 year’s trading capital.

So don’t ask for numbers, ask questions regarding a system.

Don’t ask for pizza, ask questions regarding the recipe, make your own pizza :pizza:

Bhai aap tarif kar rahe ho ya maje le rahe ho, samajh nahi ara😃.

For me, everyone’s P&L is amazingly amazing…:slightly_smiling_face:

No one will share their system bro, everyone has to find out, all people says same thing except you and me in this universe.

You are really a great philosopher bro, you always give a wise advise concocted with a story!

PS:

(Pls don’t mind anyone cause I have taken some losses today)

1 Like

Bina tere baare mein jaan ke, na mazak karoonga, na maza loonga, tarif hi tarif, har taraf se tarif :grin:

1 Like

No one will share their system, but a lot people give useful information, using which we can build our own system. Knowledge is cumulative, takes time, takes effort. I have been collecting information, word by word, line by line, and creating my own thing, and when I look back, I am surprised to see how far I have come.

Life is all about this, learning, acquiring knowledge and doing things our own way. And if we meet people who think like us, who are like us, then a friendship is created :wave:

Does that bore you after giving much time, or you find it interesting to do! ie. Collecting so much information then try to build a system. It seems really tough to arrive at point where our knowledge can work, like a huge puzzel hiding a simple solution (system)

True :100:

One has to be inclined to do things bigger than himself. If there is no passion that drives us, we cannot go very far. So personally, I am interested, so reading, collecting some information, applying this, experiencing different things, learning from this experience, seeing all of this taking a shape is not boring to me.

And if we are talking strictly about money, then there is the possibility of not making enough money, or even losing money, compared to the effort that we are putting. So we should ask ourselves, if the return worth the effort? If we have a regular job, earning good in that job, and doing trading aside, then I guess it is alright. If one wants to make trading a profession, then I think he has to have a system, along with a lot of other things like humbleness, minimalism, patience, discipline, calmness, truth etc etc.

Also, I like things gotten by effort and not given freely, so I love doing some work and getting rewarded by it. Not that rewards are guaranteed in capital markets, but still.

To give an analogy, do you want to play cricket on Sundays or do you want to play at state level, do you want to play guitar impressing a girl, or do you want to play in a concert in a foreign country.

I am thinking of playing guitar both for impressing a woman, and in a famous concert hall :thinking:

So all of what I have mentioned above apply for me first, and in bits and pieces, may be to you :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, of course.

But I am talking about a theoretical possibility of maximizing capital (like Kelly’s formula does) at 1.3R for the 70% level.

when i heard Jim Simons saying that Data is the new oil. it’s totally changed my way of analyzing the market.

I think the moment I realised that your timing will be the only thing that matters along with the choice of stocks surely changed the way I was trading. We don’t need to make things complicated with too much planning. Trend is your friend and that’s all you need to know.

I dont know if it counts as an aha but it was when i found out about how to benefit from trends, events and opportunities it made my trading more precise althought it took time and lot of reading.

The fact that I went through certain losses to finally realise where I was going wrong, rectified it and now I understand market psychology much better. I think as a trader in the stock market, it is very important to be adaptive to change.