When Annual maintenance Charges will be deducted?

when Annual maintenance Charges will be deducted?

Annual Maintenance Charge is the cost to maintain your DEMAT account. Your trading account and commodity account will not have a maintenance charge.
It is Rs 300 +GST for a year(charged at the end of the financial year)
You can read more on the same on the Support Portal

2 Likes

i want know when it will deducted. would it be today , as first trading day of new financial year or it will be in another day. as i m new to zerodha , opened my account in sept 2017

Yes, you will be charged on 31st March.
Since you opened your account in September 2017, you will be charged on a pro-rata basis, i.e.,
(Number of days since the account was opened/365) * â‚ą300

1 Like

thank u

but amc charge not debited till now why? opened account in sep 17

1 Like

I’m guessing your account is treated as BSDA(Basic Service Demat Account).
This is when the value of your holding is :
(i) Up to Rs. 50,000 there will be NIL charges for AMC and
(ii) For a value of holding from Rs 50,001 to Rs 200,000/-, AMC will be a charge of Rs. 100.

You can read more here

4 Likes

Great :grinning::grinning:

does they provide any notification for debiting my AMC amount from my trading account or they simply deduct without any notification… how can i verify the transaction… what if i don’t have 300₹ in my account?

You will get an email from us when the AMC is deducted. You can also check your ledger where an entry will be posted. If you don’t have enough funds then your account balance will result in a debit.

1 Like

now its 100% clear to me… thanks…

My AMC has been deducted but didn’t get any email from your side regarding the same.

Can you check the other folders in your inbox? In any case, you can check your ledger.

I opened my trading and dmat account last year with zerodha in October and this is my first trading and dmat a/c . As i was unaware about BSDA so i opened the normal dmat account but after few days when i came to know about BSDA . I send my dmat conversion form to zerodha as told by their customers support person. But still i don’t know whether my a/c has been converted or not and when i call the customer support they say it is in process. Can u please tell me how long it takes to convert to bsda and as of now does it has been converted to BSDA or not?

1 Like

It will be around 330/- and time should Mar31 or Apr2nd

I have 2 DEMAT accounts, each with different brokers, with both having 0 value (i.e. no securities at all). Will my account be treated as BSDA?

Do I have to pay AMC CHARGES EVEN IF MY ACCOUNT ISNT VERIFIED

Can you elaborate?

Will amc be applicable if I only invest in coin and not in kite.?

Yes, AMC will be applicable. However, if this is the only demat account you hold across depositaries and holdings value is less than 50k, your account will be considered as BSDA, on which AMC isn’t applicable. You can learn more about BSDA account here.