When will zerodha launch an international investment platform?

Make sure to Add Option to Short US Stock index - Trump game sooner or later have to burst

1 Like

Hey Nithin. You are a big inspiration, and being a trader and small investor I totally understand your concern for us(retail investor & trader). Whatever you have done by Zerodha for us in this country is beyond words. Big fan. Please just ignore some immature impatient small minded people who try to make fun of everything and anything. The people follow you and appreciate you might not mention it more often… but we all love your work and intentions… wish you all the success and happiness. And most importantly, take as much time as it takes to make a new launch just another perfect story from your end. We all are ready to wait, as we know you will just do the best and nothing else. Thanks Sir :v:t2:

6 Likes

The way the likes of vested and other players offer US investing is via routing trades to brokers in those regions. So in essence these players are just acting as a store front for order booking. The problem with this approach is that you lose control of the trade from your ecosystem and are now dependent on functioning of other parties to execute the trade on your client’s behalf. I would expect Zerodha to partner with other major international discount brokers like Robinhood or even operators of major dark pools or hedge funds as an aggregator. Zerodha will be responsible for aggregating fractional trades and routing these to these shops for order filling. These shops get a steady stream of trades to fill/execute while Zerodha earns a commission to enable liquidity supply. You can then choose to pass on some of this commission as a fee discount to your end customer.

Zerodha is the only player in the Indian market that can do this as it has a competitive advantage of huge volume of trades that it brings with it. The likes of Vested and Upstox or even traditional brokers like HDFC cannot.

I am sure your team has other better ideas or maybe similar ones. Just wanted to contribute my 2 cents based on my experience of negotiating broker rates internationally.

In either case whenever Zerodha launches this, it will be a game changer. All the best Nitin, love zerodha and what it has done for Indian investing ecosystem till now. Good luck!

5 Likes

Not sure why people want Zerodha to do everything… =D

Everybody has their limitations…

2 Likes

@nithin, @siva ,
Hi, can you please let me know if there is any update on this one (Zerodha launching an International Investment Platform)? Any tentative timeline?

Also are you coming our with a new platform for his or KITE will be usable for viewing and analyzing the international markets? Thanks

We are working on this. Can’t provide any timeline considering the times we are in.

Kite only.

can NEST or other exe based trading platform also ?

Nope.

Thanks Siva, fully understandable. And I hope your entire team is safe.

Just one followup question here please. @nithin @siva, Even though we may be able to invest only in selected stocks (since margin trading will not be allowed), I am hoping there will still be a facility to at least VIEW the wider international contracts from KITE once this is launched? For example will I be able to view EUR/USD (CME GLOBEX) or CRUDE OIL (NYMEX) for the sake of analysis?

1 Like

No, only listed equity, etfs will be available.

Give us listed equity & ETFs atleast … I think we will get it when global equities at their lifetime high :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Will it be done this year?

We will try to.

Hey just wanted to follow up on this, any updates? Vested and other stockbrokers have been marketing aggressively about international trading off late and I fear Zerodha might lose some market share if they don’t come up with their version soon.

Will take some more time, so many unplanned things cropped up.

1 Like

Ok cool. Any update on your request to RBI? Are there positive talks happening or they are just not interested?

Will it be done by 2021 atleast?

1 Like

Will London stock exchange Listed ETFs available ?
Also what’s the current progress in enabling global investing ?
I am looking for UK and US listed stocks and ETFs

What ever is listed on US exchanges one can invest. I think that should cover most of the things.

Will take another few months.