Why did the exchanges publish a clarification on no additional intraday leverage?

@nithin In how many days we can expect the new margins to come into play?

In few weeks.

1 Like

@nithin
Will you mind if I share the audio with some people?
thanks

plz share.

That is irrelevant, right.

1 Like

Kya irada hai? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

These nse / sebi guys in the audio sound like a bunch of interns trying to prove something new in their careers.
It’s Going to backfire on them.
They cannot put such restrictions in a market economy.
They are naive and don’t have real life experience.
A mature regulator would never push for such meaningless norms

5 Likes

He was just a lower lvl employee dude.
Decisions makers don’t take con-calls.

People should realise @nithin doesn’t owe us traders anything. He doesn’t make the rules, SEBI does. So, if the CEO of the largest Indian brokerage firm is taking time to respond to queries here, then let’s be a bit appreciative of that fact because he surely has better things to do. Also, let’s cut down on some of the repetitive questions as well.

@nithin is there a meeting planned tomorrow with SEBI

Yes.

When will implemented new intraday margins ?

@nithin

It won’t be equal to max loss as I have explained before due to liquidity, execution risks. I am guessing it will be max loss + premium credit + around 1.5% as exposure margin on short option contract value (futures as well). But I might be wrong.

4 Likes

bhai … i myself is in favor of leverage … i am ok with 5x to 10x … good thing with leverage is that it can free our cash

but 1000rs to short one lot of nifty option seems to be way too risky …

3 Likes

Execution and liquidity risks apart, for me 1-1= 1000-1000.
So 1x, 100x, 1000x wont matter.

max loss - premium credit + around 1.5% as exposure margin on short option contract value
max loss + premium debit + around 1.5% as exposure margin on short option contract value

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

@nithin Good luck for tomorrow’s meeting with sebi/nse

2 Likes

Money control mention margin rule only for cash market.

3 Likes

Then I’m afraid we’re not there yet as in margin accounts in US, max loss would be your margin booked (buying power reduction)