Why did the exchanges publish a clarification on no additional intraday leverage?

Again… Lets not talk fairy tales…

Due to current corona virus issue indexes fell more that 50%…

If this is not a 6sigma event for you… then what is???

This is not a six sigma event neither a black swan.

Nassim Taleb Sir is active on tweeter ask him.
“if you see a six-sigma event, that’s evidence that it wasn’t really a six-sigma event.”

Than what kind of event are you talking about my friend???

I am a novice. Index didn’t move 2% that day. it was strike specific event.
Have seen this 2 3 times now.
But it can happen that we get 10% circuits back to back on multiple days causing serious stress to financial system.

Thanks for your conclusion after giving nice explanation. That is what I tried to tell everyone through quotations (already proven concepts) posting.

That is one of the main reasons for me to switch to investing from risky trading. Risky in the sense, DEMAT accounts are protected better than floating trading accounts (filled with our hard earned moneys). Intraday trading appears to me as Time-bomb. Also, traders are not giving attention to the money spent for different fees & taxes. Traders are requested, please calculate your net YOY return after deducting all types of fees & taxes. Traders will be surprised.

If my fellow traders spare their little time to read the life history of Jesse Livermore and find out the reason for his suicide, then many things may be clear to them. We should not repeat the history (failure types). We should learn from history.

I’m requesting you all, please show me some successful traders from the history who died wealthy & peacefully.

1 Like

Also real issue is not about leverage but “whose money brokers are using”.
As SEBI implements more strict measures almost ALL brokers will themselves stop the leverage. THe current practice of using one clients money to fund other clients is the Major source of all those shitty leverages. All are going to stop.

The natural progression is
Intraday - Swing - Positional - Investing - Angel Investing.

Once your money grow you cannot deploy full in Intraday trading.
But as now you have money - you can fearlessly trade to have a fun and thrill of it.
So only viable options are:

1. You are already wealthy. Go and invest and create wealth.
    If you are poor then investing is not gonna build you wealth. May be your grandchild will be wealthy, but not you.
  2. You are poor. Learn and master intraday trading. Generate cash flow . Gradually move on to investing. CHances of you becoming rich is here.
2 Likes

If index didnt move more that 2% then how did it hit circuit…
How far was strike from spot???

Again fairy tales… Why dont you speak on facts…

For facts google NCDEX CASTOR
Watch video of the “father of options selling”

Warrior trading… search on youtube…
Mitesh Patel… search for twitter handle…
PR Sundar… search for twitter handle…
AbhishekKar… search for twitter handle…

Just because you failed… dosent mean others will fail as well…

P.S.- The people menioned above are still alive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, I’ve not failed, rather discovered the truths after lots of research & experimentation.

1 Like

He is asking people who died wealthy.
All you mentioned are newbies.

ADVICE TO YOU my friend, When I ask questions to you on your fairy tales, reply to them first before jumping on to a new fairy tale… This proves that you have no answers…

Coming to your points, I looked up both the cases you mentioned -

1. Option Selling case of James Cordier
  2. NCDEX CASTOR SEED

I feel both are irrelevant to this topic.

Can you tell me how these cases are related to this topic (INTRADAY LEVERAGE)

KINDLY answer the question before jumping on to a new fairy tale.

Stop Leverage??? That will be one of the d(u)mbest moves be SEBI…
Rather tell SEBI to develop a system to check broker funds and ensure that leverage is provided from brokers own funds…

Salute to your bookish knowledge…

Let me give you some practical knowledge… A trader can trade in an instrument as long as there is enough liquidity in it… We do have extremely high liquid instruments in our markets… Also it is universal fact that liquidity in lead instruments increases with time…

ST(U)PIDITY AT ITS PEAK… Thats all I can say on your comment…

Online trading started in India in year 2000, it is still young…

There are a number of ways to die wealthy…

1. If you are a salaried person, keep aside a small part of your salary for basic needs like food, rents, bills, bus tickets, etc… and put remaining salary in FD… Keep on doing it till you die… You will die wealthy.
  2. Similarly keep aside a small part of your salary for basic needs like food, rents, bills, bus tickets, etc… and put remaining salary in Mutual Funds as SIP… and do not withdraw it ever… you will die wealthy…

But you see this is st(u)pidity…

DONT THINK OF DYING WEALTHY, THINK OF LIVING WEALTHY… THATS MORE FUN…

All the people I mentioned above are living their lives in luxury… owning Rolls Royce, Mercedes, BMWs, etc… Living in luxurious houses…
So think of living wealthy and noy dying wealthy…

2 Likes

I am ending this discussion here for me.
Your reasoning and logic are so stupid that its impossible to have any sort of discussions whatsoever.
I said people die of jumping from 100 feet. You are fighting it out by saying," We are discussing jumping from 1000 ft. Give example of jumping from 1000 ft and not 100 ft"
Both the cases are very relevant for this.
Now if I give example of fiasco in Intraday trading BanknIfty, you will start chindi fighting asking for example in Nifty. So, Sorry.

Ill-informed stupidity at its best. That’s what SEBI is doing. SEBI has not banned leverage. It is making provisions for proper monitoring and reporting. Leverage will mostly vanish automatically. SEBI is making Indian system standardized and at par with international norms. Most markets like US, UK already have caps on intraday leverage. We have none as of now. SEBI is bringing some caps on levearge.

Nothings left for me than banging my head on the wall. Oh doyen of stock market, pardon me, for I have known not the brilliance of your knowledge.
Indian markets are highly illiquid markets in the world. One cannot scalp with 500 crore.

Sir jee
Over the past few years many many investors lost money because they invested money in Rel comm,
CG , yes bank like companies or bank
Why ??because most of them did averaging ,so SEBI must stop this Averaging , Right…
Leverage is not good for traders so SEBI must stop this … Let’s think about it
Icici direct leverage 50 -60 X
Wisdom capital 15-20
Upstox 5x
Zerodha 2.5x
So according to your logics it is proved that traders of Zerodha are 60/2.5 =23 times are more wealthy than traders of ICICI direct
I didn’t know wealth of traders are inversely proportional to leverage provided.
On option.plus just check Stop loss and trigger price difference
Your order will definitely be executed

1 Like

I was not going to reply anymore, but one last time -

You all are misunderstanding the issue. It has been told countless times and still you guys come to same point. >

NOBODY WANNA SAVE RETAIL!!!

Marna hai toh maro!
If one wanna commit suicide, go and do it.
Consume poison, hang to ceiling fan, immolate self - who cares?
But problem starts when wannabie suicidal want to die by -
blasting himself in public, Adding poision to community water source and tthen drink it.
Getting yourself infected with corona. etc.

Mai marna chahata hoon. Mujhe corona de do!

Aisa nahi chalega. Nobody is ending leverage. Leverage is gonna end by itself as SEBI becomes strict.

And yes SEBI can and if reqquired will ban averaging as well.

SEBI stree hai. kchh bhi kar sakti hai!!!

2 Likes

Because you have no answers…

We are talking about intraday leverages…

Then you bring the points of James Cordier and NCDEX CASTOR SEED

Then I ask how these are linked to intraday leverage…

Then you start talking about difference in jumping from 100 feet and 1000 feet…

Whats the matter with you… Cant you stick to the topic and speak on specific points which are asked to you…

LMAO… :laughing::laughing::laughing:
How does proper monitoring and reporting of leverages will make leverages vanish???

Again in fairy world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tell me what is the cap for US mini F&O contracts??? Give a valid link to prove your point…

The notional value of E-mini S&P 500 futures contract is around $145,000… US brokers allow to trade this contract intraday at $500… Now calculate the leverage…

What world are you in my friend???

LMAO… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Get educated my friend… get educated…

Nifty 50 index is world’s most actively traded derivatives contract: Survey

How many reatail traders do you know who have 500 crores in their trading account…

Speak facts… No fairy tales please…

When you apply for a house loan or a car loan… Whose money do you think the bank lends to you??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LMAO again…:laughing::laughing::laughing:

This guy truly lives in a fairy land…

2 Likes

I dont care what Nelson thinks… He is just a human like you and me… He has his own way of thinking, I have my own…

I don’t know about other expect of your arguments but if you think Indian market is not illiquid then you are certainly very wrong.
Also brokers are not banks so no comparison there about sources of funds from where banks give loans l.

1 Like

So true😂