Why did the exchanges publish a clarification on no additional intraday leverage?

So tell me how many stock options are liquid in our market?? How many stocks have good liquidity in cash market??
In our commodity market and currency market how is options liquidity??
Nifty 50 and Banknifty are only liquid in our india that are indices,
What about stock options which most of them are illiquid?
My friend india has liquidity issues and it is not compareable to UK USA :pray:
We are very far from them it will take years to reach there, where they’re now!
You just mention Nifty 50 , Only one contract is not enough to say india is very good liquid market !
Get educated my friend !

You may even know NIFTY IT contracts that are banned for trading,
reason can you say??

2 Likes

Nailed it :ok_hand::muscle:

Well said …:+1:

My dear friend stock market in itself is not a cakewalk and it’s not meant for the faint hearted.and speaking about liquidity,it’s completely your choice as to where, when and which contract or script to trade.nobody is compelling anybody.Trading in itself is simply the art of managing risk and ones emotions.and yes it’s a sad truth that the market fairy has no mercy for the faint hearted amateurs…so if one can’t take the risk then better stay away from the game than lamenting…

1 Like

You’re correct nobody is compelling anybody
Its our choise to where when which contract or scrip to trade!!
But the reality is liquidity everyone is afraid of to enter in trade, we cant say when, which scrip or contract will dry up in market in anytime !
Because of illiqudity even brokers affraid and banned it most of the contracts, scrips that are illiquid,
Reason, we cant come out of trade and end up in defaulting to broker and loss of trade to both of us etc
Thats our indian market

The only solution to this is to know and quantify ones risk taking captivity as stock market is not home to risk free practices or free from unpredictable black swan events…so it’s always better if one is prepared to lose and have other contingent plans.and about the liquidity issues ,all I want to say is that this too is a phase of the market like the different phases of the ocean, learn to cope up with it eventually protecting your capital and this is where risk management comes in to play .so if you can manage your risk then who cares as to how the market behaves it’s just another average win or lose life situation and at the end of the day you either win or lose and you do not DIE ,unlike what many anti-leverage movement lads say…lol😆

2 Likes

Re-read my post bro… I never said whole Indian market has high liquidity in it… I said lead instruments have high liquidity… Like Nifty, Bank Nifty and few stocks… For a trader this is sufficient… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I dont trade Nifty IT… There is no liquidity in it…

Thats the reason brokers provide high leverage in FnO ONLY for Nifty and Bank Nifty… Because these are highly liquid my friend… Brokers know what they are doing regarding Which instruments to provide high leverage and which instruments to not provide…

Hey i didnt replied to that post !
You were mocking @maddy_Des for his post
India is highly illiquid market were he mention , and your reply to his post was nifty 50 is world most actively traded derivative contract !
I agree to you about nifty 50 good liquidity
But fact is only one contract is not enough to say our indian market is good with liquidity
Our market is highly illiquid as @maddy_Des mention, and i mention the points above where our market lacks liquidity
re read my post and understand facts
Rather then replying every post with some other shit

Again what i post and what you replied🤦‍♂️
It was a fact, do you understand english??
I didnt ask you, do you trade !
All i mention was fact

All i mention in posts was FACTS related to liquidity !
I didnt expect to get a reply to my facts with some other shit🤦‍♂️
Do you even know about options where Buying options require full premium and not margins, it doesnt matter about leverage, margins of brokers !
If your struct in illiquid stocks options , currency options , commodity options , or even stocks,
No one can get you out from trade
not even you’re broker, at last you will end up in loss, auction penalties etc
Reason illiquidity
Thats our indian market my friend
Undertsand the facts, dont reply to every post with some other shit🙏

Heyy i’m not in @maddy_Des side
As you mention…
He didnt invite me , i dont even know him nor you!! As you mention…
You’re making this small discussion as Big debate…

I gave an example of stock options to just let you know about indian market liquidity !!
All the points etc
As you try to defend @maddy_Des post above just giving nifty 50 example

I mis- interpreat your answer and tried to correct you with facts related to liquidity of our market, my bad i didnt saw your discussion initially

Try to understand rather defend me here this aint a debate your considering😂

Sorry @Mehdi_Abbas for using bad words… my apologies…

But in my defense, this was started by @maddy_Des… Look post no. 638…

Even I didnt used any swearing words against you @Mehdi_Abbas, It was you who started using words like shit and all… Look post no. 677…

He used words like —

But I still stand by my reasoning…

1 Like

I wonder why all these lads speak so loud on banning leverage on the first hand.see the logic is simple, if you hate apples and you want to buy only bananas, just buy it .but why say that no shops should sell Apples.And above all, all of those stupid illogical explanations as to why leverage is a threat to humanity as a whole.all I want to say is that,Indian retail capital markets participation is as low as 3% which is among the lowest in the world and when it comes to retail intraday trading ,the figures fall further.And leverage plays an inevitable role in sustaining the retail participation in any markets.

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to reply but here I go again.

@fireball you have very little ability to understand basic language. You can’t differentiate between given example and factual statement.

To give an example I said "

Your account has 1 Lakh in it."

You started whining that I have bad habit of judging peoples’ wealth.
Now your trying to pass saying

“Your understanding of the subject inadequate.”

is to be considered as insult at par with calling other idiot, dumbass etc!!!

R.I.P. Logic.

Your understanding of the subject is inadequate.
Nobody is saying “Do not sell apples”. Sell, buy, eat as many apples as you want.
Only issue is that SEBI found out that shopkeepers were selling apples that were not their own in first place. The apples were stolen from others.

The leverage provided by brokers were majorly provided by utilizing the unused funds of other clients in pool account. SEBI wanna stop that.

Well that’s what you call credit brother… this whole world runs on it.even the US.lol😆

1 Like

This is also just giving an example of how a broke trader will evade paying dues. Here “you” is not you in person but general “you”.

I have muted the topic. So no need to reply.

Ohh…try me…I believe money speaks louder than words.lol🤣

1 Like

So u finally replied after a long time…
But rather than answering the questions I posed to you regarding this topic, you start lecturing me about “basic language”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wah maddy ji waah, Tussi great ho… :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I observed 50 % of “VAR + ELM mandated by exchange” for equity in latest intraday leverages page.

Is it final decision by exchanges on intraday leverages or what ?

Please clarify @siva.

Where you have seen?