XIRR or CAGR return on COIN

Why is there only absolute return shown on the folio, I want to see XIRR or CAGR of all the funds at once.
Earlier there was option on coin to see the folio by absolute or CAGR now there is no such option.

Don’t you think that XIRR or CAGR is the currect metric to measure the return???

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

This is same in Kite also. We need XIRR or CAGR for the kite holdings also. Also, a summary of realised loss/profit inclusive of charges etc.

May be @nithin / zerodha does not want the users to know these as these will be much lower than CAGR/XIRR and many users may get shocked. I really like how ICICI direct does it.
Any other platform do this like upstox?

2 Likes

@Bhuvan ++

XIRR is shown inside each fund page on Coin portfolio.

Yes, I have seen it. I am asking for XIRR based sorting,

Then I should have the option to see the profit/loss of each individual investment in absolute/XIRR terms on the top itself.
For example I am not concerned with the absolute returns. I only seek the XIRR return.

It’s easy I think you got the point I am trying to convey now If you don’t want to add that option, let it be.

1 Like

Got it. Will look into the possibilities here.

1 Like

Can we have it for Kite portfolio also please? We need this for overall portfolio and individual stocks in holdings as well. If it can’t be provided on kite, please can we have it in console as a report that we can download off-market hours so that live trading environment is not loaded with these data/processing ? @Bhuvan

XIRR at an overall portfolio level is very challenging considering the fact that stocks come in and out randomly, leading to many edge cases to cover. However, this maybe possible to compute for individual stocks. We will look into that possibility.

Thank you @Karthik for your time and assurance.

Some kind of summary of how our investment is performing overall and individual stocks would be of great help. It should factor in all charges ( brokerage, fees, cess etc), booked profit/loss and unrealized profit/loss etc. Also, dividends could also be included.

It is not only important and must for every one of us but also when we try to ask close family and friends to open a dmat account in zerodha, they ask show the portfolio and show the summary. They want to compare against other asset classes and investment options available. But, unfortunately it is not possible as we only have the overall profit.

In fact, we could also have an option to upload the trade book from other platforms like ICICI Direct etc. and factor in that too. That will be game changer !

This used be an options under settings of old coin app v1. After the upgrade it’s gone. Some mutual funds used to display XIRR & some display 0% (Both under less than a year).

Need this feature badly.

1 Like