Yearly profits and losses

@mani1 I invested with debt and liquid -

i invest in icici Liquid and HDFC liquid , always highest AMC in the fund is safe
in debt i invested in birla banking and PSU fund , all together we can expect 8 % every year

2 Likes

@Riyas_Ahamed

We can pledge ICICI and HDFC liquid funds.
But what about Birla banking and PSU fund?
Can we pledge it for Options writing?
I can’t find this in the Approved list of Securities at Zerodha for pledging purpose.

Are you using a different broker?

Thanks

2 Likes

@mani1 icici and hdfc liquid fund you can pledge in zerodha
birla banking you cannot pledge in zerodha these i am using in motilal oswal

wait till aug 1 everything you can pledge from zerodha

3 Likes

Thank you @Riyas_Ahamed

1 Like

Already i posted here Guys post your daily trading status

There are just a few percent of traders that actually earn in the trading markets and the reason behind this is proper knowledge, practice and a good experience. I don’t know about all of the taxes but I know that a capital gain tax is charged whenever you withdraw some amount.

I don’t think there is while withdrawing money from trading account… @siva is there?

But if you cross the income tax slab you certainly have to pay advance tax.

Capital gains tax is payable even if you don’t withdraw anything from your trading account. As soon as you make a sale at a profit, capital gains applies (there are some exceptions, but this is the general idea). Whether you withdraw the money to your bank account or not, is not relevant.

I am aware of the LTCG on stocks but I think these taxes becomes irrelevant once you cross the tax slabs.

I am quite confused about the capital gains tax you are talking about? Can you share some supporting articles where this tax is mentioned on stocks. As far as I am aware we only have to pay the STT/CTT, Transaction charges, brokerages etc while selling our stock holdings. @siva any input would be helpful… :pray:

Taxes aren’t charged while you withdraw amount from your trading account.

Capital gains tax is paid when you file your income tax returns. You can learn more on taxation here.

1 Like

This is not true. These taxes are very relevant once you cross the tax slabs. (By this I assume you mean: have more than the exempted amount of taxable income in a year.)

The link that @ShubhS9 shared has the details. More specifically, this subsection of that article has information about capital gains taxation related to share trading/investment.

This is not true. You also have to pay short or long-term capital gains taxes, if you have capital gains (see the article for nuances). And you can adjust (in a certain specific sense: see the article for details) your short or long-term capital losses against current or future capital gains. So it is doubly important that you know about these provisions.

While you can do this, you are supposed to pay them earlier, closer to the actual realization dates, if the gains are more than Rs.10K or so in a year. Section 4.6 of the article that you linked talks about this.

1 Like

You are very confusing brother.

Yup.

As I said these are not charged while selling the holdings. Individuals have to pay these taxes (depending on their tax slab rates) after they have sold the holdings. And advance tax if they have crossed the limit. :pray:

1 Like

Can you explain that ‘non- directional’ ? @Riyas_Ahamed