Zerodha brokerage

I wonder with so much profitability and revenue through retailers , why can’t zerodha come up with something which reduces the brokerage burden for fno traders…. Now we have so many brokers offering zero brokerage plans when will zerodha come up with something distinct which truly helps the retailers as trading is a game of probability and brokerage is the biggest variable of it

1 Like

Many people complain about Zerodha’s brokerage. Zerodha is doing business. Why don’t you plan your business according to fees and costs? What if one day SEBI or exchanges come up with rising costs in form XYZ? What I want to say is that look into your system and improve it to maintain safe margins in your hands.

2 Likes

I really wonder if you even understand business … Zerodha is zerodha all coz of incredible team they have plus the stupendous support they have got from retailers… they are a wonderful company but to achieve next level of greatness they should pass on some benefits to retailers as well

2 Likes

I’ve tested numerous brokers, and I can confidently say that with Zerodha, the brokerage you pay is justified by the stable platform they offer. While other top brokers may provide more features, they often lack optimization. I’ve encountered and reported numerous bugs to various brokers, many of which remain unresolved. Some are basic calculation errors in their terminals, significantly impacting user experience. Therefore, in my view, the brokerage fees with Zerodha are well worth it.

1 Like

I was discussing trading which is more to do with probability and variables attached… not interested in coding and development part of the terminals :joy:… we all know what happened with Nokia don’t want zerodha to become one such example in India…slowly and steadily retailers are getting to know the business part of fno trading and how much of an impact brokerage plays in the long run … it’s just require one good player to raise their hand and fill up this space which saves brokerage

1 Like

I’m not referring to coding either.

When you brought up the topic of zero brokerage brokers, I wanted to highlight that even the top brokers experience numerous bugs in their platforms. A stable platform is essential for serious trading. Therefore, high brokerage fees are justified if the platform is the most stable.

Just an fyi I have stopped using zerodha after realising how much profit can be gained with zero brokerage… I was skeptical about platforms offering zero brokerage initially but once I started using one of these platforms experience has been great… I just want zerodha folks to realise there are many like me who were in love with zerodha but once we understood the business part of trading we are switching to zero brokerage platform

1 Like

Oh Okay,
I’m a Stock Trader. Therefore, I don’t have to worry about brokerage fees since they’re zero for equity delivery :smile:

Oh ok … Zerodha’s empire is based upon fno trading :joy:

1 Like

Irony is everyone want our investments to do better and only way is if those companies make good profits year after year but the platform which we use should offer free services without charging anything.

Imagine if all the companies we invested were forced to offer free services or to cut on charges , their share prices will reduce a lot but we don’t want that to happen, I hope I conveyed my point.

1 Like

Guess it should not matter to them, they offer best UI and UX in the entire industry and people who prefer quality will pay for that. Also brokerage is just a tiny part of overall charges and eq,mf is free with them.

1 Like

Bigger irony once the market forces takes over the charge they will do it :joy: I have spent enough time in markets to realise this will eventually happen the way trading industry is shaping up… zero brokerage eventually will be the reality in coming years to come … till then let the party go on :joy:

I have posted a similar one here. My 2 cents is that, zerodha can offer some on the basis of supporting the community.
I am not all in for free brokerage here. I know people trade with 5L+ capital can afford a 500rs brokerage per day. But for small indipendent traders , story is something else. If you are earning 1k profit with your frequent scalp trades ( without sufficient capital to refill , trend following and holding options are only in dreams ) , you might as well pay 600 rs for brokerage .

I just want zerodha to come up with a plan for beginners and small traders alike.
Remove brokerage for first 3 fno trades for the day. And that should be only applicable for the ones who are executing orders with less than 25k capital

I am sure that will help the traders to cut on brokerage and make the trade successful for longer term.
PS. Zerodha ia profitable as long as the trader is in profit. Any user ends up wiping out the capital and leaving trading is essentially a loss to zerodha.

Totally agreed :100:

Very well articulated :ok_hand:

Zerodha shud come up with a plan on reduction of brokerage charges for all segments - equity, f&o, commodities trading.

Like ITR Slabs zerodha shud charged discount brokerage charges this will reduce charges for all people + it will increase participants.

As full service brokers like HDFC Sec, Share khan has high AMC Charges, but they also charge less brokerage for holdings for e. g. Holdings more than 10L, 20L etc

Couldn’t agree more :sweat_smile:

Account opening now free under the age of 25 – Z-Connect by Zerodha.

IMO it’s nice to see under 25 Free A/c opening but I would have loved to see no AMC under 25 since that’s just where we start our career :slight_smile:
Or something like if you have only mutual funds in your demat there will be no AMC :slight_smile:
Plus after reading the past few comments maybe Z should have something like using your points for Brokerage free weeks or something like that they do have for AMC :slight_smile:

If somebody nags for just a pav-bhaji price of ₹20 per trade, I think that person will probably will never make decent money.
₹40 is actually a really good brokerage (buy+sell). I think people who are demanding zero brokerage should go to zero brokerage and face a Finasia like fiasco and lose their money worth a year’s brokerage in 1 day.

IMO, people should focus on trading and bringing value to this forum rather than pointless ranting about zero fee brokers. If you like to move, move. Nobody forced you to stay, this is a free country.

3 Likes