Zerodha new features request

Did anyone know which app has this UI

Here is my Verified P&L

Upon review, it may seem like I’ve had numerous red days, but in reality, there have been only one or two; the rest of the red figures are charges that have also affected the accuracy of the longest streak data.
Often, the days we engage in trades but do not close the position and secure profits end up being shown as losses due to these charges. The primary purpose of a verified P&L statement is to offer a transparent evaluation of trading performance, excluding associated expenses. Ideally, a verified P&L should reflect the gross profit or loss from trades, without considering brokerage fees or other charges. This is the standard practice in other brokerage firms.

Could you please address why Zerodha’s verified P&L statement does not follow this practice and will it be fixed?

In my opinion, at least charges should not be displayed as loss-making day. Instead, they can be presented differently, using a different color than red or any other UI enhancement. For a better understanding, I have created a collage that illustrates how badly Verified P&L changes the actual trading performance. I hope you understand my point and can provide a solution for it.

Can you make the number of legs input field in iceberg order window to auto-calculate based on the lots/quantity input field?

Don’t know why you have left this out. Too difficult and annoying to do it everytime.

Cannot consider a strategy without factoring in the costs of deploying that strategy. Verified P&L should show P&L after all charges only

Those charges from non trading days getting displayed in the PnL.

Please show expiry date for month end options in market watch of Kite. Currently it is showing like “NIFTY JUN 23000 PE”, “MIDCPNIFTY JUN 12000” etc. Previously there was only Thu as month end expiry date. But now expiry date is different for all index options and this make a confusion. Please add expiry date for month end contracts as it is already showing for week end contracts.

add an option to switch between mutual funds from same amc in coin.

zerodha says that this is not possible because mutual funds are stored in demat format.
however angel one also stores mfs in demat format but still allow mutual fund switching.

You can set up a SWP + SIP.
Setup SWP for a day 7 days before the SIP date to compensate for holidays. Plus this way you can switch between any AMC, not just funds from same AMC.

If it is stored in demat form this is the only way. If AngelOne is not doing this then they are not storing in demat form.

And even in non demat form STP is exactly like a SWP + SIP, it just doesn’t hit your bank account.

First of all daily option is not available in COIN for SIP & SWP.
Secondly it is very tedious to switch for large amounts, for example 50 lakh or 90 lakh.

NOT HITTING the BANK is really important in case of large amount. There are many limitation like maximum money transfer limit and there can be other fees too. In addition, all this [SWP+SIP] has to be manually setup and tracked. It’s just too tedious.

Proof that Mutual Fund switching works in Angles one can be seen in following video. (there are many more videos on youtube, you can check)

Proof that Mutual Funds are stored in demat format in Angel One.
A) it asks T-pin of CDSL for switching mutual fund.

B) I asked Angel One on twitter(X) if they hold mutual funds in demat format or SOA?
Below is the screenshot of their reply.

Can you tell me how do you know if this is the only way?
How do you know that this is not a lie from Zerodha that mutual funds in demat account cannot be switched?

Until now I also believed what zerodha said as I trusted zerodha because they are very transparent in giving information.
But after accidentally finding that Angel One can do what Zerodha says is IMPOSSIBLE, I have to question that can the information provided by ZERODHA be wrong?

I also love zerodha but this was shocking.

1 Like

One can’t cheat regularly on this business because the customers have plenty of options. Zerodha is surviving just because of the tech. We can’t expect more like transparency and more on zerodha.

1 Like

Just because they said they are storing MFs in demat form doesn’t mean all MFs are in demat form. They used to store in SoA (non-demat) form before so you can setup STP for those funds normally

You can test it out. invest in angel one MFs and then open cdsl and check if they appear as a demat holding. Then try to setup STP and see the results. Whether the amount hits your bank account or not.

You are doing a STP of 90 lakhs? You know that STP is supposed to be periodical right. I cannot believe that you are moving 90 lakhs every day.

Plus SWP + SIP does support 90 lakhs now. Maximum mandate amount is 1 crore now. So not sure what issue you are facing.

And there is nothing tedious, it is all automated. Sign DDPI, setup SWP on 23rd and SIP on 1st.

And while coin doesn’t support daily SIPs ( I genuinely cannot believe you invest 50/90 lakhs daily), you can setup 7 weekly SIPs. Not convenient, I know.

Only if you would have read my post carefully. I clearly said and posted screenshot that Switching process on AngelOne require CDSL T-PIN confirmation. You can check video yourself.
So Why CDSL T-PIN is required if the mutual fund being switched is in SOA form?
Because according to my understanding, T-PIN is required for selling units from CDSL demat account?

I am not talking about STP (Systematic Transfer Plan), instead I am talking about SWITCH (one time switch).
How much money I move or do I move daily or yearly is not the point here. The point is SWITCH is very convenient compared to SWP+SIP.

And an even BIGGER point is finding out who is LYING !! Zerodha or Angel One.

I showed proofs in favor of Angel One… I asked you to show proof/rule that mutual funds in demat account cannot be switched. But you didn’t show anything.

And one more point which goes against zerodha is they hid my post asking about this yesterday. Therefore I had to post here in this thread… if you want proof I can send you a screenshot.

When I switch between funds with STP, I never get asked TPIN. How’s that ?:thinking:

No one is lying.

No one told switching does not work in Angel one. I am just telling the thing they are doing is for non SoA. They have started this demat thing just some time ago but I do not believe switching is possible in that.

Because every AMC states that they do not have control over the units in demat form when you contact them for service requests. They also state STP is only available for units in non-demat mode without it hitting bank account because that is how a demat account works.

STP is just a periodic switch. If they are able to switch one time in demat mode, they can do it every time for STP

Regarding the T-PIN, I believe they are doing it for all funds irrespective of the form it is stored in since they have started moving to demat mode MFs.

Can you share the document or link of the webpage where AMC states that they cannot switch mutual funds stored in demat format?

And regarding the point that they don’t have control over the mutual fund units in demat form stored in Demat account:
One way to implement it is to, get the user to enter T-PIIN while placing the switch order,
then the Broker can send those units to AMC (just like in a sell transaction) with a request for switching,
then AMC switches those units and sends the units of the new mutual fund to the broker,
and then broker can store them in the Demat account.

As of now, Zerodha does not provide the switch facility. This is on our to-do list, and we will offer it on Coin soon.

How does the traditional switch works in demat and non-demat?
Generally, how this works is you select the from scheme and to scheme for the switch (this should be within a specific AMC scheme itself; inter AMC is not allowed). The tax implications will always be there as per the scheme, and no credit will be processed to the bank account if it’s a traditional switch.

This can be done in both Demat and non-demat mode, and there is no restriction. If you switch the units from, say, a liquid fund to an Equity fund, as soon as you make the request (if your account is not DDPI or POA enabled), you will have to authorize the units via CDSL T-Pin and the switch request will go to the AMC, the units of the Equity scheme will be credited as per the settlement time. The AMC will process the units to the exchange, and the exchange will give a direct credit to the investors’ demat account.

Why hasn’t Zerodha yet provided the switch option?
We use BSE StAR MF as our backend order routing system. Post discontinuation of pool mechanism, they had stopped providing these APIs and were taken live a few months back for the traditional switch facility, and we will take this up.

How does Zerodha plan to provide a switch facility?
Since there will be tax implications in any way traditional or non-traditional, we had two plans

1. To provide an in-house switch facility that will support the inter-AMC scheme switch as well, but here the amount will hit your bank account, and then using an E-nACH (if amount > 1 Lakh) and UPI Autopay (if amount is < 1 lakh) the amount gets invested in the “to” scheme and is allotted as per the settlement time.

2. Use the BSE StAR MF APIs and provide the traditional switch facility.

We will take up the latter.

2 Likes

@Neelesh thank you very much for responding.
kindly implement the version in which money doesn’t bank account.

by when can we expect this? rough estimate?

Will this approach be taken for STP as well? Will inter-AMC STP be supported?

@metallicsigma can’t promise any timelines as of now.
@vsavla STP is being implemented in the in house way, inter amc will be supported in it.

1 Like

“Zerodha is surviving just because of the tech”

Show me one good tech feature which is unique in zerodha and is highly practical and helpful for investor/traders.

1 Like