Zerodha new features request

Hi @nithin

Read somewhere in the newspaper that Zerodha has only 33 developers?

With tons of new features requests coming from traders…I think developing and testing new features takes ages

or because of brokerage industry consolidation…Zerodha doesn’t want to invest in Kite?

Many basic things like option chain are still missing and routing to sensibull (Zerodha investor), option strategies, screeners.

3 Likes

Just throwing many developers at a problem does not essentially solve the problem.

3 Likes

More people means nothing. You can go through this to learn more about the philosophy.

1 Like

Zerodha has done a phenomenal job to create application like Kite which is amongst the best in India in my view. Yes, option chain etc are missing & i can only think that izerodha @nithin needs to strengthen the project management abilities as they are not able to manage the features pipeline & timeframes declared are often not met. 33 developers may be fine as long as they are able to prioritize the development & keep rolling out in an Agile model which is what IT industry does. If they cannot manage inhouse they should outsource it to a strong IT company.

2 Likes

I feel that one feature is missing in Kite
ie Option Chain for Equity Scripts

If I want to check for option chain of any stock I first have to add future or any option of that stock to my watchlist and then right click to get option chain. But it would be better if we were able to launch option chain from the Equity scripts right click itself.
I hope you understood what I was trying to convey.

1 Like

Features missing in Kite app and Web:

Live International Markets (US, Europe and Asian markets)
Economic Calendar (Global important events, Result Calendar and Holiday Calendar)

Good if;
Stock Screener, Nifty 500 Trending Stocks, Advance / Decline is integreted inside Kite instead of using third-party apps and services.

2 Likes

Does Zerodha have the potential to contract with TCS and Infosys to handle some of its IT projects?
There are rumours that they work seventy hours a week.

This is so cool! Thank you team @Sensibull

Simplicity is the key to brilliance. :+1:

1 Like

Please provide a select all button…maybe on the left of symbol word. So that we dont have to click multiple times.

1 Like

Have noted your feedback, Gaurav. We’ll check on the possibilities.

Are there any plans to enable users to track external investments (outside Zerodha verse) in Console?

We do have some plans for this. We’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

I want these feature :-

1. Able to make different portfolios In same demat

Should show differently in UI and option to show as all portfolios collective as well (combined)

For example : “My Long term portfolio”
“My swing trading portfolio”
My portfolio number 1", number 2" ,Microcap portfolio ,my sister’s ,my brother’ and so on …

1. Able to change demat holder name changes and easy process rather than offline time consuming process
1 Like

1 - Trade from Charts. (In works for 5+ years :joy::joy::joy:)

2 - A good Desktop application which integrates Kite, Sensibull, Streak, Tijori, Versity and multiple chart providers including TradingView.

3 - A flat brokerage rate on yearly basis for day traders. Very very very important. A little support from your end will help a lot. I’m not asking for free. Do not make it monthly basis also. A flat yearly rate.

4 - Account level target/stop execution. (Eg when a position reaches defined target/stoploss auto exit with market orders. First impliment alerts into kite for the same. It’s there in Sensibull already, so take a clue. Then strictly give warning that zerodha is not responsible for any orders not getting filled by the market etc etc you guys know better :joy:). But please make it happen.

Sensibull is a fantastic platform available for free and it’s dedicated to F&O. It’s a Boon. Idk why people want to complicate Kite by bringing Options chain data into a super functional minimalistic design of Kite. (Many prefer Grow because they think Kite is complicated :joy:). Paytm app was good earlier but then then over complicated it by bringing Paym Mall. Look at any app that tries to do everything ends up in a mess.

Increase in Market watch count is very simple to implement and Zerodha should not have taken so long to get it done. May be it will take another 4 years😂.

Merger of Equity and Commodity ledger is good thing. Apparently they are also working on MTF. TFC also getting closer to release as per mods here. Hopefully they will be available for everyone on or before August 15th. @nithin Your team is very very slow sir. Please read once. Thank you.

1 Like

@Sensibull

1 - Spot price followed by all 3 Futures contact price should be visible in every option chain. You can easily impliment this by adding one row at the top of option chain. By clicking on any three future price should change to the respective option chain.

2 - Remove (make it optional) Twitter dependency for verified P&L.

3 - See if you can impliment account level target/stop executions. Requested one post above this. (Point number 4).

Thank you for your daily market analysis videos.

@nithin @Meher_Smaran can you explain the logic behind not showing a negative balance up to -100 on kite?
Mostly I miss my AMC Payments because of this nuisance :slight_smile:
and I can assurance there’s a lot more people in the same boat

3 Likes

Can’t agree more. Most of the deadlines just keep on shifting.

If you want to split one portfolio into multiple small portfolios, you can use Console Tags, apply filters and check out Tag analytics.

You can also add family members’ Zerodha portfolios in Console. Read more.

CDSL mandatorily requests the physical forms for the name change. If there are minor changes, we’re trying to complete them online; the flow should be up in a few weeks.

Please make tags visible in holdings page. So that we can see it without going into console everytime. That’s doable and more sensible right ?. But why you guys are not doing it !!?

3 Likes

Tags Visible in Holding page will help lot …