Zerodha NFO is on!

Toooooo lazy to explain. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Lots of info is available about Nifty largemidcap 250 index on the internet. This fund will replicate that index. You can Google and read the rest.

1 Like

I’m already invested in UTI Nifty 50. Is it a good decision if I do one more in Zerodha Index Fund.

2 Likes

Its an index fund of Nifty 250 stock.
Return would be aroun 10-12% I guess.

1 Like

I finally have to put efforts to understand the investment strategy of this fund :sweat:

• So this fund invests 50% of the money (mostly) in Nifty 100 stocks and 50% in Nifty midcap 150.
  • While Nifty 100 stocks gives stability, Nifty Midcap 150 gives higher potential of growth.
  • This fund will replicate the Nifty 100 and Midcap 100 indexes in the same way (50 - 50).

What I didn’t understand is that will this fund also balance the money between both the indexes by doing profit booking?
Can someone from the Zerodha FH explain?

Pretty much. Check these thread and post

1 Like

Hi @Bhuvan as the Nfo is completed, does the fund deploy into market from today or they’ll invest slowly during some period?

We’ll deploy In a couple of days

2 Likes

I have invested 10k in it

Fund has launched. Please talk to clearing corporation to make it available for pledging. I would like to shift my upcoming sips frok niftybees to this fund as soon as it becomes avaibale for pledging.
@nithin @ShubhS9

can i trade zerodha fund in the nse/bse ?

1 Like

Will check this with the team and get back to you on this.

You can buy or sell mutual funds from Coin. These aren’t traded on the exchanges.

Hi @emrys11, currently, a scheme has to mandatorily complete 3 months from listing and also fulfil Clearing Corporation’s (CCs) internal criteria to get in the pledging list. We’ll follow up on this with the CC to have the funds available for pledging at the earliest.

3 Likes

Hi Shubh. 3 months completed. I would like to invest in it as soon as it becomes available for pledging. Please look into it. Thanks.

Why can’t I start from my bank mobile app and net banking ?
Fund isn’t is showing up when I search for it, Is there a way to acquire it from the bank, where all SIPs are compatible or coin app is the only option available?

We’ve been told that the March list of approved securities will be published around 20th, we will get to know by then.

5 Likes

Might be because your bank app is showing only “regular” funds, meaning funds which they can earn a commission on.

Zerodha Fund house only has direct plans (no commission, your full money is invested).

Kuvera, Coin, Groww all show Zerodha fund house funds since they are direct platforms.

If you invest through your bank, they cut heavy commissions and you lose money. Check the difference in expense ration in direct vs regular plan of same fund. I have seen it be as high as 1.5%. You lose this on total investment, every year, leading to lakhs in losses over many years.

1 Like

@tallerballer, Thank you :slight_smile:

I only buy direct plans, on the AMCs website, both direct and ECS mandate options are available, while Zerodha fund house allows to download an app (I have never used it and don’t want to use it) or involve third parties to buy the fund.
There should also be a bank mandate option available on ZFH website.

You mentioned bank mobile app and net banking which only have regular plans. And then you are opening mutual fund website, which have both regular and direct.

You can invest using MF Central. It already has all your Mutual Funds, since it is made by Kfintech and CAMs. They hold all your MFs in non-demat form anyway. You can invest there.

1 Like