All Option strategies failed strategies?

No, sir, you misread the lines. I am not making anything negative.

I am pointing the amazing fact many can adopt varied styles of trading, which can defy conventional textbook risk management.

I was but in fact , giving you a compliment.

1 Like

7 + 12 is not 19, its more like 9 - depending on allocation. Maybe in an alternate universe this is true then we can invest in multiple assets simultaneously :slight_smile:
Both gilt and and esp Nifty are volatile and so your capital will also go up and down accordingly and that is your drawdown, yes can say its just mark to mark but its still there along with mark to mark drawdowns in trading. You will also need to maintain cash balance to cover mark to mark and Nifty will only give 50% margin, which maybe can be managed from buffer capital.

I don’t really believe that any x% every month for very long periods is possible in trading, only risk free returns give that. Markets are noisy and uncertain, often they work against us for sustained periods and even very experienced traders have to face this - there is no exception. Andrea Unger runs many many systems in combination and yet he had a flat year before covid. It was enlightening to see Adam Grimes struggle in a difficult environment.

But markets do not care for my beliefs, if you can manage this then good for you. No tension trading with almost straight line equity curve. Geniuses exist, Einstein could apparently run complex experiments in his head so this is trivial in comparison. If true, perhaps you are underestimating your skill and what is easy to you will not be for most others.
Anyway, with a decade of compounding your net worth will give all the validation you need, our opinions matter not. Good luck …

1 Like

its upto you to believe or not , mat be you here only negative things more in the market , some positive person appear infront of you you will not believe …

you know . in corona perion my portfolio went down 28% on that time i heavily invested , when ever market reverse i will got more profit , see in my portfolio i will never book profit because most of the job will done by fund manager , i am not good in investment , so only i invest in mutual fund most …

in corona i earned easy money then normal period , it is difficult to understand the psychology of every person ,
if you want win match - first you want to participate the match first - before participating itsel if we think we will loose the match then success form where it will come …

in my 10 years trading experience most of the people loose money , because of not sticking to simple strategy - and emotion and psychological level is the main reason to loose in trading

1 Like

hey man, i did not say much about my trading so not sure what you mean. I am doing fine and ‘participating’ profitably for long time as investor and 2-3 years as trader.

Markets don’t care for my beliefs, nor for my negativity/positivity - and i am positive about trading. But one has to face up to reality of the market, accept it and work with what market gives.

And emotions and psych issues are real but also very overrated. You need an edge first and foremost, once you have that and once you have seen how trading works over long periods, a lot of issues go away. But uncertainty is always there. Without an edge you are supposed to have emotional issues - because you don’t really believe it works and it also does not.

Many people go running after holy grails and try to get monthly income which is likely not possible. And for that they fail to see the larger picture of what is possible and that is compounding over multiple years. They hop from one system to another whenever there is extended drawdown.

Anyway, none of this is much relevant to topic and does not really add much value so i will stop. I don’t believe in monthly trading income and see anyone claiming so with suspicion. But i accept that i can be wrong too and i am no expert in all forms of trading. And it does not matter to me either as i am ok with how trading works out for me. And my opinion should not matter to you after decade+ of 3-4% per month. So good day and good luck.

1 Like

p.m. or p.a ?

your calculation is wrong ! it should be (7% + 12% + 35%) / 3 = 18% p.a.

suppose , e.g. you have 90 lakhs as capital . you invested 30 lakhs in 7% , 30 lakhs in 12% , 30 lakhs in 35% .
So , your return on capital is 18% p.a.

so . u r making 18% p.a. and not 54% p.a !!!

p.m. or p.a ?

suppose , e.g. you have 90 lakhs as capital . you invested 30 lakhs in 7% , 30 lakhs in 12% , 30 lakhs in 35% .

p.m. or p.a ?

@HSL 7% i am earning in debt fund , the same i pledged again i am earning , the same for equity fund also -

1.2 crore capital - see every month 3.5 L to some time i maked 7 lakhs also in one month

• average this year i will make 50 Lakhs - because last year profit also i am compounding ,

whatever 1 crore i will use for trading - remaining 20 lakhs i will keep for buffer , this year target is 50 lakhs - tell me its 50% or 18%

Per month

Well, everything can be manipulated. We can have a fake Tom Cruise which looks just as real.

Editing console is as easy. I am not trying to be engineer
The software analyst the pixels. That’s what I shared.

I care less if you share fake or real.

You mean this @Riyas_Ahamed is @TradeB2B .

You trade usa market . You are so everywhere.

One thing is certain, most who posted big fat profits in tqna have kept quiet or disappeared.
You also disappeared saying you are more interested in USA markets but living here as @TradeB2B .

Nice. But why so hide and seek.

@Celina its nothing hide and seek when i am using riyas ahmed ID i posted lot of american trades , some followers ask me to keep separate indian trades and usa trades - for indian trades followers i used tradeb2b - and USA trades i keep riyasahed ID - thats all

when i worked in USA i keep riyas ahamed ID - when i returned full time trader in india i create Tradeb2b address ,
thats all nothing to hide - for what i need to hide - my profit is for me only so dont worry

from 2006 to 2012 i trade only USA market - after 2012 i am in both countries ,
i am investing and trading in both countries

now i am active in trade b2b only

@Celina i am here more then 4 years + i think so - when trading qna started i am here , i never disappered

I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Firstly no one considers investing as a return. The entire goal of investing is protecting against inflation and growing money over time. You can’t see that on YOY basis but on a general long term. It’s kinda like real estate. You wait for some years but you don’t consider yearly appreciation as return.

Secondly thing is about 3.5% return per month. This is not even possible because market itself is inconsistent goes from chaos (side way choppy market ) to trends then back to chaos and again trend like a cycle. Kinda like formation of clouds(chaos) and then strong rain(trends).

So if you have made 42% a year. It’s not 42/12= 3.5% per month. It’s 1% a day, -2% another day , 4% on great day. Your account goes up and down. The summary of it is 42%.
Ironcandor works on choppy markets and I just don’t think that will 100% work all the time and be profitable because if it did, people would take advantage of that creating bigger volume and whales and big institutions will definitely react to that or some hedge fund guy might even sell this strategy to do OPM.

Finally the main confusion here is I believe you haven’t mentioned how much leverage you have used. Leverage amps returns . To give you an example :-

I made 6% return. With leverage it might look like I made 40% return with 1:20. How is that possible ?? Look at the math.
Margin is the money you put.

Note :- money management , risk and drawdown remain same

Principal to trade :- 3,00,000 means I can take a volume upto 3,00,000

Risk :- 2% per trade
Max Drawdown:- 10%

Without leverage:-

margin :- 3,00,000
Risk 2% :- 2% of 3,00,000 = 6000
Max Drawdown = 10% of 3,00,000 = 30,000. Means if my losses are 30,000 I would Stop

Profit:- 18,000 = 6% of 3,00,000

With leverage :-

1 unit = 20 units

Leveraged margin :- 3,00,000/20 = 15,000

15k margin is you need to trade a volume worth of 3,00,000

Risk 2% :- 2% of 3,00,000 = 6000
Max Drawdown = 10% of 3,00,000 = 30,000

Total margin needed :- leveraged margin + max DD margin

15,000 + 30,000 = 45,000. This is the cash you have and put as margin

Margin :- 45k

Profit:- 18,000

18,000/45,000 *100 = 40% return.

So remember I made 40% return on 45k margin based on leverage trading a volume worth of 3,00,000.

It’s very easy to calculate true return based on actual volume of trade than margin, just multiply. Say the market moves 2% and I made that as profit on CDS USD/INR pair. Since leverage there is 1:1000 . Return is 2% * 1000 = 2000%. This how leverage works. With best money management and being trend trader it works well.

1 Like

@raoawesome I am not arguing here for any body , Iron condor is making 3.5 to 4 % for me . if it is not possible for you its ok , i have enough capital market will swing on that time i wil do adjustment , when i am doing adjustment my return will increase these all one trader trick , i am not trading in USDINR , honestly i cannot understand USDINR , maybe its work for you - congratulation , but in USDINR i cannot deployed 1 cr plus in trade ,
i am trading only in nifty and some cover call , beyond that i am not looking anything to trade

hope you understand - i am superior happy about my return and strategy , i no need to force to see my profit are some thing that , i encourage trader those who disappoint about his market and his trades - for encouraging those people only i post my PNL - beyond there is nothing

@raoawesome Leverage these thing i am not seeing boss , just i will deploy 1 cr in strategy - every month 3.5 to 4 lakhs profit - yearly 40 to 50 lakhs profit , simple calculation only i made- why we need to look rough maths - just use simple maths - just i will look return on capital deployed -

i need only simple strategy and simple work - beyond that no need

1 Like

How is your trading in US markets by the way?

@Celina i am trading in TD ameritrade only in s&p 500 its going good -
why i like usa - hedge position option trades are less margin required when compared to india - only iron condor in S&P500 - whatever profit i got i will buy QYLD ETF , this is covered call ETF - this will give monthly dividended to me
QYLD dividend yield is 13% yearly - dividend paid monthly -

every month i will earn in S&P 500 option trade around 1300 dollars the same i will reinvest in QYLD nasdaq 100 covered call ETF

I don’t know

Na, I am not saying anything. Frankly it might be very different because majority are either trend traders or reversal traders. Iron candor is meant only for choppy markets and will work to a degree.

You are saved because iron candor has limited losses with limited profits. From when are you trading ? Nifty has been choppy since Jan. This might look it would work now because of choppy markets and just doing iron candor for every weekly options is a slick way of making money . But once market starts trending either long or short , this strategy won’t work.

Forget returns , just how exactly do you manage. I thought we are banned under FEMA or something. So income tax has no problem opening a demat and trading in other markets with leverage in dollars ?. With 1 cr and returns definitely income tax people would have asked or is it booze, tea , samosa , connections or donation ? :sweat_smile:. Asking for a friend. Or you have all that In crypto format bypassing the fiat monetary system