All Option strategies failed strategies?

@raoawesome iron condor in monthly not weekly , in weekly i am doing ratio spread’s
i am trading iron condor more then 10 years +
choppy market or trending market whatever no problem , if you have buffer money 3 times more buffer money you will make 3% to 4%easily , if you are fear psychologically MTM loss , then no strategy is suitable for you , just stay away from market , see i am full time trader , my job is sitting Infront of screen , if you are a jobber , then trading in option is not suitable for you , please save your money in mutual fund

@raoawesome Boss before i worked there , then its easy to trade in option , now i am in india , my brother is working there , now i am trading through my brother account

Very ridiculous. If you are just doing plain iron candor you don’t even need to sit infront of computer especially for monthly options. Now if you are saying this works all the time with 0 losses and you have deployed it 10+ years especially at 2020 SPY market covid crash, no one in wall street is gonna believe you. There is no such thing as 0 losses. Iron candor itself is a hedging shorting strategy and they all fail, a lot of wall street hedge funds(they all try to short the market) have tried this and failed only. Good luck to you sir!

3 Likes

Nice angle.

He sounds too good to be true. Or it seems he decoded the market.

@TradeB2B be my friend.

What’s actually there to even decode. Iron candor works only in choppy sideways Market. So essentially if you have large amount of captial you deploy a very wide iron candor and expect price to remain inside that till expiry. S& P 500 did crash and go down during 2020. There is no way price would have remained inside the iron condor. Besides he says montly options not weekly. The last 2018 to 2019 were all bull run markets. It’s just impossible to have 0 losses in any scenarios. The best traders avoid lossess or keep losses less, but there can be no such thing as 0 losses.

And he definitely is not a trend trader, that’s where you talk about decoding market and enjoying those crazy big bull or bear run pips.

1 Like

Oh, when I wished it were true for him! You bombard with facts and figures, which i find it amazing, like mythbusters.

Nothing magical about QYLD - Yield is high because its nav goes down with time. Look it up in tradingview. Plus apparently high expense ratio of 0.6 as per reddit guys.

Considering these absolutely elementary mistakes 1) 12% Equity + 7% Debt= 19% and 2) 13% yield without looking at loss of value - one can either view them as deliberate or mistaken.

I think we can be kind and consider it later one and then the same might apply to no loss consistent gains funda. Maybe he actually believes it but perhaps is mistaken in some basic way. As long as he is making money, good. Don’t glorify him, but wish him well. That’s it …

Great going, in my experience of last 13 years i have not found anyone who is making 50% returns YoY consistently.

Maybe you should register as a hedge fund and manage other people’s money also, that way the absolute value of returns will be very high !

All you need is 40 to 50 years to be the richest guy on planet !

2 Likes

If one manages 50% return consistently. in 30 years 1 cr can become 1.9 lac crores.

@TradeB2B may not be actually making 50% with absolute consistency, but he could be doing well and maybe averaging lakhs per month (may not be consistently, but avg)

Or he may not be trading or making anything at all.

We never know. That’s the beauty.

I do not know if he is honest or just trying to fool us.
If he is not selling any course or tips, I dont see a reason for him to fake his profits.
At the same point I dont even see a reason as to why is he justifying. Those who want to believe, will believe. By whatever I have read in his posts, its very much possible that he makes 50percent. Most of my rules are similar to his. I am in market for 5 years now, and my XIRR is around 41percent. So may be he takes more risk than I do.
Anyways. I dont even know who this person is. I just felt like replying because of the responses I read here.
Either believe him or ignore him.
May be is being very honest and you guys are bashing him. Or may be he is liking the attention he is getting by boasting. Kya farak padtha hai.

2 Likes

On Margin employed or full capital?

@viswaram sir , i am not interested to manage other people money or giving training - these things i dont like , i need peace of mind - my money is enough for me to make money… i am here to encourge other also be in profit , most of the people are loss because - i will note some point here in my 10+ years experiance lot of my friends we are trade together , i learn a lessons from them mistake , in my 10 friends only i am in the market . rest all wiped-out - reason i learn from these friends are
1- over leveraging in market
2- depend upon market income -
3- emotional booked loss
4- psychological they will not accept to see the MTM loss
5-100% put his money in trading - not investing
6-not consider investing in different countries to benefit from depreciating rupee
7- finding diffrent strategy in market
8- not stick with one strategy
9- not diversified in option trading - the list will go on
in my trading i will diversified - i invest across boarder - my money will work day and night for me

i am happy - with my income

in option trading adjustment is the key of success - because market will not stay in same line , its will jump here and there - if anybody knows about adjustment they will success in option trading

3 Likes

Full capital. That is on whatever is added on zerodha. I have a seperate xirr calculation sheet.
Funds added to zerodha is cash outflow.
Current accouunt value is cash inflow.
Dividend recieved in cash inflow.
Ipo cash outflow.
Buyback is cash inflow.

So everything is considered here. Realised and unrealised profits accross all segments.

2 Likes

I am not supporting him and at the same tine not finding a reason not to believe him. I am in the market for last 4years and my XIRR is about 30-40%.

And i could see a lot of people telling it is not possible to achieve 50% YoY etc. In that case what is the reasonable return that they are making? If someone is telling it is about 20-25% year then it is called investing not trading.( which can be achieved via pure investing in stocks with some reasonable knowledge. Pls note its not on mutual fund). Here it is option trading, weekly position which is trading and is complex than pure investing. Moreover the capital deployed seems huge and not a SIP. Additionally the margin requirement will be very less on hedged position which will enable to take more lots and increase the return

Considering all these facts, i think it is possible to achieve this return. But it depends on risk appitite, capital and other factors.

I am not a supporter of this person and dont know who is this but wanted to make a point that trading is different from investing.

What is the average return that others are making?

Thanks

1 Like

I do not know if this reply is after you read my above reply or not. Or may be you were typing.

Whatever I do I consider it as investing. Because to be a trader you need to understand techicals, charts, stop losses and so on. I understand nothing. I buy and sell purely on fundamentals or I should call it Maths. I use probability too. So define a trader. One who buys and sells everyday is a trader? Then may be I am one. Otherwise a big NO.

Arey not required. Even after knowing I wont use it. I am comfy with whatever I am doing. I was just calming others down who were not believing you. It makes no differnce to me whether you make 3 lakhs or 30 lakhs per month.

1 Like

No need to get offended. Making 50% return is really great, you should feel proud about yourself !

I know how hard it is to make 14 to 16% YoY

2 Likes

thanks all

1 Like

yes, you are welcome and generous enough to share your knowledge here. Please post it.