Anybody Made Profit/Loss Today?

You tried to sell 100 lots @ 86.1, it was NOT executed? By who?
Wasn’t your order executed instantly? If it wasn’t instant then you did place an order @ 2.41 pm and it took long and executed @ 3.57 pm? After one hour? And where is the loss?

When GBPINR was in down trend I give fresh short order at 86.1 at 2.41pm it move down faster and order not executed. If it was executed I made Huse profit because it come down to 85.87. After that when it made up move order was executed at.3.57 pm at 86.1 .then I closed it at 86.115 making some loss.

Guys -
I need ur help to understand where I went wrong - I made a loss of 11040 today. The stocks I traded, they all went up - but during the drawdown , I panicked and closed them with loss. I need ur help in order to understand what should I be doing? I am including my trades and my order book screen shots for u all to analyze and advise me according to your understanding.
Trades :-

My Order Book :-

Looking at your trades I can conclude that your risk reward is less than 1:2. Actually you are doing risk reward of 3:1 . Which means you make a profit of Rs 1 and you book it but when u make a loss u wait for recovery because of that you end up losing Rs 3. As they say to be consistently profitable you should win more when u are right and lose less when u are wrong.

1 Like

Just tell me what strategy you used and I will surely help

@kallol.bhowmick… I don’t know how to say it but I"ll share my two-bit wisdom. I hope you take it in right spirit because we all have done that and been there and suffered losses. no offense friend.

1. first and foremost is that you have too many trades to manage. You need to arrive at a number of trades which you can manage simultaneously. usually anything more than 4 increases management difficulties.
  2. Please note that your highest loss versus highest profit ratio is poor. That means you are not managing stop-losses well. If your highest profit is 5000 then you cannot have highest loss at 12400 which is nearly 3 times your loss.
  3. if you are keen on managing 10-11 positions then your focus should be on loss per trade. because winners take care of themselves but losers you have to. IF you go down to 4-5 positions then instead of one lot, trade two lot and book one lot profit at slightest target of profits and manage second lot with little easy. when occurring losses you have to get out early too otherwise it is a double whammy.
  4. by coincidence I wrote this today… why traders lose after making money

hope this helps… Market is constant learning place…I am sure you will also overcome this and make more money…I wish you best.

6 Likes

I only trade in nifty option . with 10 lot each . take call and put both for single day

That’s Very Good to see Traders are sharing their Profits and Loss.
You All guys looks very attached to each other.
This highly motivated me.
Keep this Brotherhood.

3 Likes

Sir, can u share Ur strategy?

My strategy is simple… Check from icici direct which fno scrips have heavy volume and have a good price rise/decrease and is in an uptrend/downtrend using 10,50 and 200 sma… I go long or short.

1 Like

Just basic bro … Less trade and and observe the trend

1 Like

A lot of things to learn in this thread. I just started studying stock market and investment. 25 year old. I know I am too late in this bandwagon. Want to study the market as well as book profit.

As of now, I am not putting a lot of capital in market. Some 50k odd. Will do shorting with some amount and invest some in long hold.

Made 220 rs profit in Crude

2 Likes

Congratulations

Today was my first day in Zerodha Kite, i was using HDFC sec but the brokerage is very huge.

I used 10000 today and traded in SBIN, PNB & UNIONBANK, after 15 minutes the profit was around 5000 but I waited to see what happens and ended up with profit of 1000…however, I am happy that i made profit around 10% of total capital and the brokerage was only 85 INR which was awesome :smile:

3 Likes

@Sukhoi30 Congratulations :blush:

1 Like

Nice profit. But how come the brokerage is 85? For three trades it should be 120. :thinking: Am I wrong sir?

I am not gonna Trade Today.
This is 1st time when Market is open And I am not gonna even see the movement of market.
All Thank to Zerodha.
Untill I not get any Official Statement from @Bhuvan @Matti @BharatW @qna @vividvillaold @AkshayAtur @VenuMadhav @Karthik (I am not able to tag Nitin here looks like he has blocked me ) I will not trade with Zerodha and I will also suggest those guys to not trade who faced huge loss.

I would suggest other Trades to not trade with BO/CO Orders Today.

I am also not sure of that…but contract note says that…

1 Like

Guyz dont use BO and CO if u are not a seasoned trader, trade NRML even if u r trading for intraday, which wont let you take excessive risk.

2 Likes