Can you share an overview of your trading strategy?

OMG…what reply is this?
#Iam wondering

I have one question. Let us take example of Birla Cotsyn share price. I have been observing that it trades between only two ticks on NSE. I.e. 0.5 & 0.10. I saw on NSE that at 0.5 tick there are only buyers and at 0.10 tick there are only sellers.
Suppose if place an order to buy it at 0.5 would my trade be executed, if there isn’t showing any seller at the same tick. If such thing wouldn’t happen then how do price fluctuates between 0.5 & 0.10 tick.

Hi Anil,
This answer seems to be totally different from others. Can you take an example to elaborate it. can you also put some reference links where one can gather the necessary to understand these things.
Thanks

can u share the excel or any other info related to Time Series Algorithm to forcast price

Hii, you have said - 1. Work with an indicator which is back tested [ at 70 % success rate ]- can you suggest any such indicator?

I use MACD along with a couple of indicators. Actually, what I mean is WHICHEVER indicator you choose has to be back tested. Its a huge world of indicators … check here … https://www.mql5.com/en/code … discipline is more important than indicators :slight_smile:

good strategy.

“To prevent loss due to excessive down movement of price, I go for a Bear Put Spread of SP near the price I bought stocks or a Ratio Put Spread (so that I do not loose on premium)” - .Can you this statement further by giving example of Asian Paints?

1 Like

Sorry I noticed yr comment a bit late.
Buy Asian Paint PE 980 @ 15.30 ( 30th Jun), Sell 2 lots PE 960 @ 7.70. This way my credit and debit is same and I do not loose on premium. There is a risk if it keeps on going down even below 960. What I plan to do is exchange PE 960 with lower strike price well in time keeping 1 lot 960 and other 940, if still more, exchange with one lot 940 and other 920. Of course I will book profits from CE 1020 and go for CE 1000 exchanging puts and calls same time to keep giving me returns, may be a little less than what I planned. Probability of loosing if not done together. Requires checking prices quite frequently like a day trader. I am in trade with 1800 shares with one future (sold) and two calls -1020 sold. today. Puts not yet taken up, Plan to take them a day or two later or when there is an indication for prices to reduce drastically due to some bad event.

1 Like

Hello again!
I will go only for a bear put spread instead of the ratio spread mentioned earlier if for some reason, I cannot keep watching the prices frequently… In that case, I buy one lot PE 980 to hedge my share price and sell one lot 960 to compensate for the premium. My loss due to fall in price below 980 is hedged and I get money from the call option square up. If there is a probability of price going below 960, then I will have to keep changing strike prices of 960 put and 1020 call. This way risk is very limited.

nice. what adjustment do you do at the 10% time?

What would you have done in 2009 when nifty moved 20% in a single day?
You don’t use any kind of spreads?
What about the high margins?

Those are few rare moments where we have to book lose. I started trading since 2012, so did not face that time,
No I keep it as simple as possible.
My winning ratio is around 95% hence I am happy to give high margin…

Those are few rare moments where we have to book lose, that is part of trading.

very nice…can you please explain it with one example? (nifty spot is trading @ 8180, 8% up CE is trading @ rs. 2 only and 8% down PE is trading @ rs. 1 only…i m very confused…please explain it…thank you.

Always do it at the beginning of the series now look at 7500 PE & 8650/8700 CE of July series.

those r trading @ rs. 11.50…is it we get rs.11+rs.11 in both at the end of the expiry?

Yes. if Nifty stay between 7500 & 8650

ok…thank you very much for your reply…happy trading.

The historical data you have showed is helpful. One thing I have learned is there is always a sharp move either way in last 2-3 days of expiry. In such scenarios selling CALL/PUT gets you better premium.
I personally do call writing in stocks as well, has to be 15-20% away of the current price. The premium is less but gives me sound sleep.