Introducing single ledger facility: trade in equity and commodity (MCX and NSE Commodities) with same funds

Hi @Das_Rhymes

Can you please DM me your ticket number? I’ll get it checked with the team

@ShubhS9 @Meher_Smaran @TheGouda @VenuMadhav
Can you please share status and timeline for margin pledge for commodities going live? It was mentioned that it would be done shortly after launch of the single ledger facility.

Also - after transitioning to the single ledger facility the charges for commodities trades is not captured in the PL reports only the gross profit of the trades - can you please have this checked pls?

2-3 weeks.

@TheGouda

@Meher_Smaran @VenuMadhav

I Have one doubt, please clear this

i taken a calendar spread, how the margin Ratio is calculated, there is pay margin needed is 28k - premium pay 3800 -
50:50 rules is applicable in this margin needed then i have already that in my account , again i need to pay by cash 3800 seperaely - its will not take from cash colleterial from my account
please clarify

We’re checking this.

@TheGouda

I have made my account single ledger balance account. But funds section shows commodity funds section seperately. There is no need for commodity section within the funds section right?

We’ll eliminate the separate commodity section once we move our existing MCX users to a single ledger which is WIP. Until then, you can add funds in EQ and trade across all segments.

Also, we can’t deactivate the commodity segment using the kill switch after moving to the single ledger facility. It shows an “unknown exchange segment” error.

I just activated my commodities segment. While placing the orders it gave error that funds are zero. I have sufficient funds in my equity segment.

What could be the issue?

You need actual cash in account to trade commodities yet, margin from pledged securities is not available for trading.

Hello any updates on 2-3 weeks timeline??

Has this been implemented now?

Still waiting for update on availability of margin from pledged securities to trade in commodities as well.

@TheGouda The charges for commodities trade post transitioning to the single ledger is still not showing to me in the PL view in console - please check this not able to correctly understand PL without this

@VenuMadhav any update on the commodities margin pledge? The real benefit of single ledger is through this only.

Apologies, we’re checking this. It should be fixed in a day or two max.

@TheGouda @VenuMadhav Any updates?

@TheGouda Still not fixed - trading cost details for commodities are appearing in contract note but not in console PL report - pls fix this

Still waiting for an update.

@Meher_Smaran Well any update at this point will be helpful, will the margin pledge facility be available soon or i might as well shift to another broker.