Introducing Verified P&L on Console

Every time I pay in I consider it as cash out flow with date in the corresponding column. Similarly when there is pay out I consider it as cash inflow. Since there is date for inflows and outflows irrespective of how many pay in and pay off are there it doesn’t matter.
Now after your comment I really doubt my calculations.

Yes. I am really interested to know where have I gone wrong.
For now I am still not convinced with your response.
Alternatively give me a full fledged NAV example I will do the same in my calculation. I know NAV way you will get the right answer. But for now at least I feel I will give you the same answer.

I think I now understood what you were saying. If we have to draw equity curve then yes, it can’t be done using XIRR.
NAV is an absolute value and XIRR is a relative value. So unless one outperforms his past returns, XIRR curve wont go up but NAV curve will go up even if he adds one rupee profit in 1 year.

The initiative of NAV and Equity curve is a good one. On top of publishing the verified Profit/loss to prove others, this will be kind of a Self evaluation more than profit %. I really appreciate this Initiative.

3 Likes

one last feedback on the way the Longest Streak is being calculated:
There is a realised loss on the day of entering the trade, on account of brokerage and other charges. In my case, I enter positions throughout the week (writing options) and let most of my positions expire (preferably worthless), and hence the corresponding profits are realised only on expiry days. This means my streak will never be longer than a day.
The team might want to club all the charges separately, and maybe summarise it at the top along with gross PnL to derive net value, just like it currently happens on the pnl reports on console.

Verified PnL:

Actual PnL report:

2 Likes

Ah, that will be tricky. Ideally, the way the heatmap shows on the Console P&L page should also be post taxes. We will get it fixed. But that said, I get the issue you are talking about. We will soon enable streaks (heatmap) weekly and monthly along with daily. So if you were to select weekly, the heatmap will show the way you want it to.

Thanks @nithin for this initiative, Can you give a option which once selected would automatically post it to linked twitter after certain timeframe, like Daily or weekly or monthly

This would help retailer to be not swindled by people posting only winning days and dont show it up when they book the losses

If you select the first option (Day till the last trading day), the same link will automatically publish the latest P&L at the end of every day.

Hi @nithin

Please add an option of including stats like Sharpe ratio, max DD, Calmar, etc

Once we have the NAV curve, everything else will be straightforward. So yeah, all of this is on our to do list.

2 Likes

Hi Nithin and Zerodha,

The URL getting generated is active until I don’t change date range inside console. Like in Console if I save a date range for 1-Mar-2023 to 31-Mar-2023, others can see the PNL for March 2023 using generated link. Now if I need to share April-2023 PNL, I have to make change in Date Range inside Console and save it, which will create a new URL. This new link will allow others to view April,2023 PNL. But now if someone use to check previous month i.e. March, 2023 PNL using earlier URL, that link is not working. This console SAVED setting making the #VerifiedByZerodha hardly coupled. Can the link be designed such a way that it is intelligent enough to make on the fly dynamic call to the service and fetch PNL for a particular date range on real time basis.

Thanks

1 Like

If you make changes to data points such as segments, date range, bio, etc., and save them, the changes will be live immediately. However, the link itself will not be regenerated and remains the same. If you refresh the existing verified link, you will see the updated P&L information.

We understand that you may want to create different links for different purposes. So, we’ll explore the possibility of providing an option to create multiple verified links or avatars.

1 Like

@nithin Do we know when will the equity curve/ROI will be included this in verified stmt.

Also it would be great to choose the Zerodha Id instead of name to disclose. (My zerodha ID is protected with TOTP, but dont want to publicize even the first 4 characters of my name. (what if my name is just 4 letter word)!

Awesome! :+1:

Yes, this change would be great. @nithin

The equity curve feature is in testing. Hopefully, in the next 30 days.

About choosing Zerodha ID, I am not sure. Looping in @Arockiya_Raja @MohammedFaisal to check on this.

1 Like

This is the way to stay ahead of the competition, constantly improving. Lovely initiative, thank you.

2 Likes

@TheGouda will get this option added soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Time to update the twitter logo on the page :crossed_swords: :grinning:

hi Nithin

One small tweak. I want to see my current FY PNL. Every day i need to open that page and change the dates to include the latest trading date. If there was a simple option Current FY that would be very helpful. I wouldnt have to keep changing the dates daily.

This option already exists. Instead of custom date range, select the number of days. If you say last 365 days, it will automatically get updated to the latest trade date and show for last 365 days.

We hadn’t thought of bringing in the current FY type of feature here. But @TheGouda can you check?