Introducing Verified P&L on Console

@Piyush_Modi based on the options you choose, either both from and to dates in the range are fixed or, they both change every day. Current FY with auto-updating to date would be a new feature. We have a couple of other things in the pipeline for Verified PnL, we will try to add this one. Thanks for your feedback.

sure. my understanding is for most active traders this would be most relevant period they would be looking for. most traders know their pnl for past yrs… once a new yr starts they start tracking for the latest FY.

Hello @nithin,

Incorporation of #ROI data, in #VerifiedByZerodha shall increase it’s utility multifold.

If possible please consider the same while calculating #VerifiedPNL.

Thanks and Happy Birthday :birthday:

1 Like

I really wish this would launch. We keep hearing 2 weeks since last 6 months.
Workplace environment should be healthy and chilled out but there should be at least some deadlines.

These projects that have to work at our scale can hit some unforeseen roadblocks. The first step of this was to take xirr live and it is on Console. Still not announced this yet (you can go to portfolio>holdings>view breakdown)

5 Likes

Is the xirr updated once a week only? My niftybees has been showing 7.9% since Monday(today is Friday) while nifty is moving daily. How’s that possible.
@ShubhS9

Edit - I also don’t get the breakdown. On a single day I placed limit buy order which got executed in 2-3 minutes. All those are showing separately quantities, but same day. If it’s one order on one day, the whole order should be shown in one line only.

XIRR is updated daily. Please DM you id, so we can check your account.

This is in our list of things to do.

Hi @nithin , @TheGouda

As you are doing few enhancements to console? can we also have

1. The fund categorisation in Holdings page follow the SEBI categorisation and add types like Conservative Hybrid and Balanced Hybrid, currently they are clubbed into pure equity…
  2. I understand - you import only the top 20 stocks in value to avoid clutter visualisation (source: Introducing Portfolio Analytics – Z-Connect by Zerodha Z-Connect by Zerodha) . But couldn’t understand why large, mid, small doesn’t add upto 100% in equity breakdown. Could you elaborate on how its being done?

The first donut on the Console portfolio analytics is of asset class, so showing MF scheme distribution doesn’t make sense. We already have it in Coin Insights, which has some improvements WIP.

We’re considering the value of the top 40 stocks (updated Z connect article) and their concentration of the market cap and individual stocks compared to the total portfolio value. This will not be 100% if someone is holding a lot of Debt, Gold, ETFs, MF schemes or too many stocks. We’ll see if this can be done better.

It’s still showing 7.9% a week later. Hasn’t changed a single time from 7.9% since last to last Monday, almost 2 weeks. While niftybees has been moving up and down daily.
No explanation and no response to dm either. :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Apologies. We’ve been trying to debug the issue. It doesn’t look like a pattern, which is why it’s taking time to figure what went wrong. Someone from our team will reach out shortly and clarify.

This is not just on console for niftybees. And not just my account.
I handle another account which has coin investments in index funds. That fund in that account has also been showing the same xirr(4.28%) since many days. While actual absolute pnl keeps updating, xirr for the mutual fund is the same.

20 Nov vs 24 Nov

@nithin @TheGouda

We are checking this, will give an update shortly.

This issue is fixed, please check now.

Yes. It is fixed in console as well as coin. Thanks

Can we have a from and to date here please? Last 360 days means nobody will be able to track properly how much the account is growing. I want someone to track my returns from jan 1st to current date. Is this possible to implement?

Use normal P&L feature for that. Why do you need verified P&L?

It’s not for my tracking. Someone else, if he wants to track my account performance. Also, I see that the custom date range selector was there in the beginning, but I don’t see it now. Am I missing something?

Custom Date range was removed because people were only sharing the time when they were profitable.