Kite 3.0 - beta!

For ex: Just consider two cases

1. For equities, one can sell equities for intraday (MIS) with out having in holdings(CNC), in this case how one can convert order type from MIS to CNC for sell pending equity order.

2. For MIS margin required is much lower than NRML, with out money how system can allow to convert MIS to NRML.

All the orders first will pass through RMS( Risk) checks and then only will be placed to exchanges.

1 Like

@siva

The request is genuine for folks who have shares available in their demat or have the money in their account. So it would be a delight if this option is made available and greyed out if the above logic does not match. Why penalise the folks who meet the conditions.

1 Like

I have just given couple of straight cases, there are many scenarios like that and new order should pass through all risk checks, so this is not possible for now.

Hi @siva,

1. For equities, one can sell equities for intraday (MIS) with out having in holdings(CNC), in this case how one can convert order type from MIS to CNC for sell pending equity order.

Itā€™s Zerodha not allowing the delivery of short positions, other brokerages do. Itā€™s valid in this case.

1. For MIS margin required is much lower than NRML, with out money how system can allow to convert MIS to NRML.

While trying for conversion, itā€™s the responsibility of Zerodha to check for sufficient balance in the account; itā€™s same like checking the margin while placing a NRML order.

1 Like

I donā€™t comment about other brokerage houses. Also I personally believe this is not a hurdle at all because even after position is traded, one can convert it. Also wondering how many times one wish to change product type after the order is placed and in pending state.

As policy, we donā€™t allow delivery of short positions as we donā€™t offer an SLB service. As such, making this happen wouldnā€™t be possible atleast right now.

Is indeed is our responsibility to check the availability of funds. This is done by the RMS before the order is sent to the exchange. Modifying the product type would mean running the modified order through the RMS again, which isnā€™t possible.

WATCH IT LIVE BRACKET ORDER TRIGGER PRICE

Yeah that is most necessary.

1 Like

@siva Brother, itā€™d be a lot convenient if the reytracement % was placed on the left side of this segment and the price corresponding to those levels on the right side, where % is shown right now. Itā€™s kinda difficult to know the price right now esp, if there are other indicators like moving avg, unless zoomed in a lot. Iā€™ve seen some charting platforms that do that, so, I think itā€™s possible. Please try.

But nothing can be done on this as the charting library we use if of third party vendor.

when is the replacement for QUANT coming? it is due for more than 1 year. If it would not appear in the final version, it would be very disappointing!!!

can you please ensure that it is there?

And also I short /long postions widgets(drawing tools) and entry/stop/exit pre built lines please.

me too waiting for QUANT.

Not able to save view in Kite3

When I apply the studies and different indicators and save it as view in chart. Then on reload or on new chart that view is not displayed under saved views.

After saving a view, one has to go to layout and save it as preference on kite3.

But what if I have to save multiple views with different indicators?

After every view you have to save it as preference, all different views will be saved in this way.

Kite 3 looks good and impressive. But as per my experience on Intraday trading. I do not like the new way the stocks are listed under Positions.
Basically it was so convinient to add or exit positions quickly in one click. But now, I have click 3 dots and then try to sell. which will actually end up taking 2-3 seconds more. In intraday trading every second count. Could you please have Add, Exit and then the 3 dots options.

Regards,
Vivek

@siva your thoughts on the above post?

I think that is fine also after using it for few days you might also get adjusted to it.

Removing stock from watch list is time consuming.