Kite 3.0 - beta!

Niraj, this forum isn’t meant for account specific queries. Best if you write to [email protected].

@Bhuvan What Do You Think That i Would Not Have Written To Zerodha Support Care. But Got The Answer That Try To Take MIS Position To Counter That BO Position. But My Question Is it’s Your Mistake Then Why Should I Put My Money To Undercover Your Mistake. if You Do Accept That It Was Your Mistake Then Do Compensate Me. I Took Loss Because I Didn’t Have That Much Fund To Take Counter Trade. That’s Why I Didn’t Took The Counter Trade. And Why Do I Not Write In Public, People Need To Know What’s Going On Here! Well I Think People Know What The Great Think is Going On.

3 Likes

when the BO will be available in commodities

I’ve saved chart layouts (which btw shouldn’t be necessary to save chart drawings each & every time). After some time the chart drawing get deleted automatically & it’s very frustrating to draw them again & again. Please fix this issue in kite 3.

Can you give some factual information for denying this requirement?

@siva when market opens tick starts showing - - - - - - - - - like that. I have to refresh many times and change time frame one to another to another to get live ticks. Pls look into this matter

We will be increasing limit to 30 scrips on each market-watch in coming days.

1 Like

Yes, it is happening sometimes, when trying to open chart or change timeframe exactly at market opening time, looking in to this.

That would be really great. I will appreciate this.

Hi @nithin, @siva
There have been discussions on this forum about Zerodha leveraging TradingView platform. I have used both Kite 3.0 and Trading View (Fyers) and find a few features there which are very useful and improve a trader’s productivity and ultimately profitability. I fully respect your decision to go with a home grown solution but then you should actively think of achieving feature parity before the competition runs away with your user base. I believe a few features you should definitely try and bring into Kite are:

1. Ability to place orders (Mkt/Limit/Stop/StopLimit) from chart by right clicking at a certain price.
  2. Ability to view all open orders on chart. Ability to cancel/edit open orders by dragging order lines or by opening edit dialog box. Ability to suppress “confirmation dialog box” before order placement to improve agility during order placement.
  3. Ability to view open position on chart along with a P&L. Ability to Close or Reverse Open position.
  4. Quick Buy/Sell buttons on short cut bar which display Best Bid/Best Ask , BidAskSpread and allow us to specify qty and place market order by single click.
  5. Short/Long Position Tool. Its a 3 Line toolbox displaying the entry, target and stop loss prices. Allows a trader to assess absolute/% profit/loss if target / SL is hit, Risk Reward Ratio. Most importantly a trader can specify his settings for Account size and risk (% or absolute cash) and the tool suggests a position size.
  6. DOM or price ladder with an ability to place, modify, cancel all order types from there.
  7. Drawing Tools on the left/right edge with an ability to add shortcuts to a short cut floating bar which could.
  8. Larger Number of Chart layouts to provide more flexibility
  9. Alerts within Kite itself (maybe just on price and simple Indicator x-overs to start with)
  10. HotList - Intraday Top Gainers, Losers, volume shockers etc.

Thanks for your active involvement in this forum. All the Best.

3 Likes

Zerodha is gonna continue eating shit instead of doing any useful improvements and adding value to its users. I doubt definitely that they are almost front running with their prop desk. Although, we can’t prove it yet.

THE BACKOFFICE IS COMPLETELY MESSED UP. My holdings consistently show wrong buy amounts wrong percentages, wrong sell amounts. The backoffice is not reflecting cash holdings properly.

To users that are not noticing their account every day, I’m just concerned that these assholes will get away with all this. Even after getting sued left and right (go check NSE Complaints) and paying settlements these guys don’t get their shit together and Nithin isn’t listening either.

You post a praising post about Zerodha, Nithin will show up to thank you and even might share that. But you post real solid actionable insight as to how to fix their shitty buggy platform to enable users to trade smoothly and execute smoothly - this AH never listens.

Some of the things that you have asked for is available on kite 3, have you checked out. What you have asked for is also on our list of things to do.

Btw the charting on Kite is powered by chartiq, an international vendor of repute. Yes tradingview scores in some places over chartiq.
Using a white labelled trading platform (tradingview offers charting and a complete white labelled trading platform) completely carries a risk to the business. Imagine a scenario of something going wrong and not able to reach the vendors immediately (especially the international ones who aren’t focused on India) .

Hey, let me address everything one by one.

Yes like every big brokerage firm, we run a prop desk (you can check out balance sheet of all listed brokerage firms). But that has nothing to do with our brokerage business where we are contributing 2 million trades or over 5% of exchange turnover. By far the largest in India in terms of trades/turnover.

About holdings, it can go wrong if you have transferred in stocks or if it has gone through some corporate action. We are probably the only broker who support an ability to add price for transferred in stock. But that is not an excuse to get it wrong. The new backoffice that we are launching should hopefully sort it. Can you message me any of the ticket numbers you have on cash holdings not reflecting properly?

Yes this lists number of complaints against brokers. What you need to see is the % of complaints against number of active clients. We aren’t far away from any of the pedigree brokers. It is tougher for us to keep these complaints low compared to the other top 10 brokers because our composition of clients are mostly traders vs others for whom it is investors. Servicing an active trader is much tougher than an investor.

If a post/suggestion etc is put out without demeaning anyone/business, of course I answer it. (ps: I just deleted the other one where you used quite a bit of profanity).

Lastly I don’t know why you are bent upon trolling me personally on various forums. You are a businessman too right? If I don’t like your peanut butter - I will either not buy it or if someone asks for it I will maybe say not great to taste. Karma is a bitch my man. I get that you are frustrated for whatever issues you had to go through, but still don’t get what I have done to you personally. All these awards etc we have gotten is because we have changed the way brokerage business works. I have never gone out there and said that we are the best. I have always said there are a thousand things to improve, and as a person heading the business I am taking up what is important first.

Anyways, telling you sorry for whatever I/Zerodha might have done to piss you off this much. Btw, have ordered the peanut butter, will message you here once I taste. :slight_smile:

Peace,

4 Likes

Well, that’s a wonderful reply Mr. Nithin Kamath.

1. Let me tell you something. Let’s reverse roles once. If you’re the person running the peanut butter company, I buy and eat the peanut butter you make, and I get food poisoning, I’m gonna post about it on all forums and make sure people are aware of that and never buy from you.

Secondly, if I give you a second chance and even then I buy it from you, and even the second time I get diarrhoea or some other kind of food poisoning, I’m definitely gonna be pissed off and make sure nobody buys from you, or atleast try.

1. None of this profanity is gonna exist, not just from me, but from anyone for that matter - if you guys did your job right. When you talk in probabilistic terms, there are brokers that don’t mess up their traders’ lives day in and day out with one or the other glitches. Probabilistically, Zerodha has fucked up more traders and their P&L even during normal days than most other brokers combined.

2. YOUR AWARDS MEAN SHIT if you don’t back it up with real solid platform that has to do ONE FRICKIN THING RIGHT - TO LET THE TRADERS EXECUTE PROPERLY. If the so called “award winning”, “breakthrough” platform - the holy mighty ZERODHA doesn’t allow traders to do that, what good is your platform for? Eating sand?

3. YOU CONSIDER ALL THIS TROLLING? God. It’s so funny Nithin, as to how you keep proving the point again and again. I am a customer of Zerodha. I am not buying PEANUT BUTTER or PEANUT CHIKKI from you, to flip my hands, cut your shit, and switch to another brand. I AM DEALING WITH REAL MONEY that i have invested on your frickin platform. The so called multiple award winning, brokerage business changing platform ZERODHA.

When you are buying a Peanut Butter jar for 250 rupees, you can eat if you like or throw away the peanut butter if you don’t like - and move on to another brand. I can’t really do that with my holdings or my money that’s invested via Zerodha, just like that with the flip of my hands.

I can’t even begin to fathom how amazing your humor sense is - to compare a Peanut Butter jar to your Brokerage business. Unbelievably funny you are. Brownie points to your humor sense.

1. There are more than thousand things probably to improve. But not just me - every single trader on Zerodha is echoing one thing - if you go and look at the kind of stuff people are posting on Quora, Facebook, traderji forum (Which actually helped build your client base in your initial days), you’ll know that I am not alone in posting any of this.

Also, as a business man and CEO of Zerodha, you might have thousands of priorities. But the greatness of any customer servicing company, especially one like your brokerage business depends on one most important thing. To let the customer do what they intended to do when they signed up with you. Get in a trade smoothly, get out of a trade smoothly. EXECUTION. That’s the first and foremost important thing for any client on Zerodha or any other broker for that matter. You go and ask anyone that.

KITE was fine. Kite3 has a lot of bugs, but yes - as you say, every beta product has the bugs that need to be fixed. My only question is this. When you haven’t even frickin perfected providing smoother execution to traders, what good are all these shiny UI features for?

You don’t understand this right? Let me tell you in terms of real figures. The one day your tech support staff or whoever was responsible to upload my holdings file manually (i don’t even know why it is manual or if the customer support was too stupid to even know if it was automated or manual) - leisurely after two calls at 9:15am, at around 10:45am, I’d already lost 20k rupees that I could have saved if I’d had my holdings in front of me to sell at 9:15am. That was about 10% of my capital.

That’s just me. You have over 1 lakh active traders. Even if 1% of those traders go through such a thing, the monetary loss because of carelessness on your company’s part is huge.

Nobody ever bought my peanut butter and complained to me that because they ate that, they ran out of luck, hit a goalpost while driving and had to pay 20k for their car’s repair or whatever scenario that could have made them lose money directly or indirectly.

> Lastly I don’t know why you are bent upon trolling me personally on various forums. You are a businessman too right? If I don’t like your peanut butter - I will either not buy it or if someone asks for it I will maybe say not great to taste. Karma is a bitch my man. I get that you are frustrated for whatever issues you had to go through, but still don’t get what I have done to you personally.

I’ll tell you exactly why. First of all, if you think ALL THIS IS TROLLING, you’re severely mistaken man. I am a businessman and hold myself to the highest possible standards any day, given the scale of what I do. At every possible scale, I’ll deliver what I promise and I have nothing but utter disregard for those who compromise on quality for volume or money. That’s exactly what I have for Zerodha or YOU as a businessman.

YOU THINK THIS IS PERSONAL? Damn right this is personal. It’s the money that I EARNED working and toiling hard - genuinely building something and working hard to multiply that. If I MAKE A MISTAKE because of which I lose the money, I am fine with that. But if I lose the money for mistakes YOU (Zerodha here) make, I’m definitely going to be severely pissed off.

Well, if you atleast took responsibility and fixed things, I’d have had respect for you. I don’t - because you didn’t.

I have been mailing your zerodha support about every damn issue that arises. Almost always, replies have been delayed. Some of the days, the calls don’t work. A lot of days you guys mess up the platform for us, you just send out an “apologies for the inconvenience” note. What good is that for? I didn’t start out like this. Since last January (when I joined Zerodha) until last July-august period, if i found out an issue, I wrote calmly about it. But when it’s my money on the line, and you guys are not taking any frickin action, I am gonna make sure others know about it and not get trapped into joining Zerodha for their brokerage.

1. Let’s talk business.

On the day I mailed you and Karthik and Zerodha Support (after they failed to upload the holdings file until 10:45am), this one manager of you called me. This was the conversation.

Manager: “Hi Sir. I understand that you had bit of a situation with your kite platform and it got resolved?”

Me: “Yeah, after 10:45, and after I’d lost my opportunity to get out early and after I lost 20k because of that”.

Manager: “Sir, I notice that you’re running a butter business? Peanut butter is it?”

Me: “Yes.”

Manager: “Hankavalshier’s is the name?”

Me: “Yes.”

Manager: “I’m thinking of buying one. Can you tell me how?”

Me: “You can order on our website”.

Manager: "Anyway, I am on your website. I’ll order soon. Please don’t switch the brokerage sir. We are rolling out new and improved Kite soon and backoffice is also being fixed as we speak, it should be out soon and those should be bug free. Just give us two weeks time. "

Me: “Alright.”

The entire time through this conversation, I was thinking “Did this guy just talk to me like that? Is he even a professional? Did he just pull that shit with me, trying to ask me about my business to pacify me?”

NOW I KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM. Btw, he never ordered and he never even visited the website. I see B.S a mile away when it’s coming. Btw, his name was Joel Alvares.

You can order Peanut Butter from us. I’ll definitely serve you the best we have - as you’re the customer. I have nothing against the regular human being/person Nithin Kamath.

But when I talk about you not owning up the responsibility that you have taken up to whatever you call “changing brokerage industry” - I talk about you as a person representing the business. If you don’t wanna face criticism, don’t put yourself as the face of Zerodha.

Whatever criticisms I’d been giving - were all actionable and things that you need to have fixed (things that shouldn’t even arise in a platform providing brokerage service - for traders trading real money). Only after you guys kept giving problems to traders, I started posting about the sense of callousness amongst your bunch.

1. The day my holdings file wasn’t uploaded - I’m uploading proofs here of the mail conversation.

https://imgur.com/X7ThP3m
https://imgur.com/Emzhsqj

After calling them at 9:30, and after two mails.

https://imgur.com/h9p69aR (at 9:50am)
https://imgur.com/9YKBQLE (leisurely after two calls, at 10:40am)

https://imgur.com/4TJBJvh (this was me reacting to that mail - every single frickin word of it, you guys deserved). You guys deserved to even get sued. I didn’t sue coz I didn’t know the method of suing properly until last december, and I wasn’t particularly having the time to sue.

https://imgur.com/kbb8eE7

THE HOLDINGS OF VERY FEW CLIENTS WERE AFFECTED THIS MORNING.

Seriously? That’s your effin response? EVEN IF ONE CLIENT IS AFFECTED because you guys don’t have your stuff together, or don’t know what you’re doing, doesn’t mean that IT IS OKAY THAT ONLY “FEW” CLIENTS WERE AFFECTED.

How much is a few according to you guys? A 1000? Out of 4 lakhs accounts, out of 1 lakh active traders, a 1000 is a few? Or a 100?

How much would that 100 have lost that day?

1. I haven’t transferred in stocks. It hasn’t gone through corporate action. What good is your ability to add price if you have a shit backoffice?

PROOF:

Cash on kite: https://imgur.com/4B5QVzQ
Cash reflecting on backoffice is wrong: https://imgur.com/IQ0rec7

This is my mother’s account btw.
From something as simple as this discrepancy to something as big as orders getting executed with a lot of lag, ticks appearing with time delay, execution not happening because of some mess up - I’ve faced more than enough of Zerodha’s shenanigans.

Btw, the person who promised that the holdings issue will never happen will have to eat his words - coz about a week or two after he sent that mail on support, the same thing happened. That was when I decided to definitely move out at the earliest from Zerodha to another broker after liquidating one after the other slowly.

Now for the while, I’ve completely switched to NSE NOW ditching all the products zerodha ever laid your hands on (Pi, Kite, etc.).

1. I forgot that tradingqna.com is a product of Zerodha meant to post only for Zerodha related stuff and that you can delete anything you find offensive of profane. Well, profanity is subjective. If you(Zerodha) don’t get your shit together and focus on things that actually really importantly matter to those on your platform, you(Zerodha) aren’t gonna be around for much longer.

2. About the whole “Karma is a bitch my man” thing. I’m just letting it pass for now. I’m gonna act like you didn’t say that.

You putting my nut butter business in the context of Karma is a bitch - in the sense that if I talk badly about Zerodha and in a manner expressing my frustration about you on social media platforms, that it is gonna come and bite my business in the arse, that actually shows more of who you are than what will actually happen.

There is no other way to mean that sentence in that context. Even then, I am just ignoring it, as I consider it a very childish statement and an ignorant comparison. You have to compare apples to apples. Not Peanut Butter business to Brokerage business. That you even made this personal by bringing up my business and compare between that and Zerodha was a foolish thing (and an otherwise arrogant thing) to do. So, I’m just gonna ignore the entire construct around that and let it go.

1. You haven’t changed nothing about how the brokerage business works. What other full brokers get in brokerage, you make the same amount in losses for the traders on your platform (definitely more than that) because of the so called “technical glitches” mentioned in that email, for which you very conveniently apologize for the inconvenience.

You can keep fancy names such as “discount brokerage” or whatever. You can keep fooling yourself saying that you’ve won awards, changed the brokerage industry or whatever. At the end of the day, if even one person loses money not because of their mistake, but yours - you haven’t changed even a diaper’s worth of poop.

1. Your entire answer reeks of a wee bit of arrogance and a wee bit of unaccountability. You can channel those emotions towards fixing your platform and making it solid for the users, instead of calling Karma a bitch or funnily comparing a Peanut Butter business serving a handful of people to a brokerage business serving 2 million trades or over 5% of exchange turnover. By far the largest in India in terms of trades/turnover.

Pull yourself (Zerodha and you) together man. I pity Zerodha if this is the way Zerodha deals with customers always - ignorance, arrogance and unaccountability being the core facets of the way. The customers aren’t gonna be around for much longer if this continues. At least, I know i am not going to be.

1 Like

Our backoffice platform is what I am least proud off. The entire thing is powered by a vendor which we will be switching to our in house platform by end of this month. All these reporting related issues should hopefully get sorted then.

I can’t promise that there won’t be any technical issues - everys platform has it. Even if you decide to switch to wherever, you’d probably face it there too. If I am answering you on a sunday night on a public forum, I hope you know that I am trying my best to figure ways to avoid as many issues as we can. Anyways, best of luck. Cheers.

PS: on those screenshots, I think you should remove your client ID.

2 Likes

Where is kite 3 / beta available, in google play there’s no update in version its still 2.0.3 . Kite3 is for apple n pc only or what ? And for windows phone there’s no zerodha app !!! Poor windows user :persevere::persevere: .

They haven’t released Kite 3 for mobile yet. Guess this is what they have next in line
I’m sorry for you if you still have a Windows phone(or anybody on this planet).

Lol !!! Hmm :rage:

Hi @nithin
I don’t think any of the features I asked for are available yet in Kite 3.0. For some of the features, its the ease, speed and user experience that matters. I am willing to spend time with your technical team to clarify the requirements and the difference it makes to a trader, if that helps.

Both ChartIQ and TradingView are international vendors. You are using one (over the other) so you do run the business risk still in case of unresolved bugs/issues. An overwhelming majority of your user base (especially those who has been exposed to TradingView) seems to prefer the latter, so you have an opportunity to serve that user base. Why not offer both and de-risk your business from being dependent on one vendor.

The obvious consideration would be dev costs for supporting 2 platforms. That would need a deeper analysis. Architecturally it should be possible to abstract the charting platform from your trading platform. While you would spend some in building the abstraction layer between your trading platform and the 2 charting platforms, you would also save a lot of costs as well as now you wouldn’t have to develop these several features inhouse especially when charting isn’t your core expertise. in fact I would go as far as saying being dependent on just ChartIQ is in itself a business risk.

Thanks