Kite 3.0 - beta!

I was talking about you asking about being able to track positions from a chart/exit them etc. It is available on the trade panel. Alerts within Kite is coming soon.

DOM/Price ladder makes sense only if you get to see actual market depths to that extent. Like a 20 depth or more (which we are planning to do something about). If you see only 5 depths but have a big ladder at 5 paisa interval, don’t see any value in it. Btw, on kite market depth, you can click on the depth to initiate order.

Drawing a line on a chart and moving price around, is extremely tough to offer on a market like ours where trade execution happens on the exchange. The forex guys etc can offer this as order exchanges are essentially happening at their servers itself. We have done this on Pi, but we do face quite a few issues supporting it.

Supporting two different charting platform at same time isn’t very easy. We’d have to redesign Kite completely to make tradingview charts seem like a part of the platform. When going with chartiq we had an option to chose tradingview, and we consciously chose chartiq even though priced a lot more (if you put tv logo, they give you their charts for free) than tv for technical reasons.

But all this said, I know the guys at tv quite well. We have been talking about doing something together. Will keep you posted, if something comes up.

I think u should use SL-limit order for execution of order for buying at price higher than LTP…
u used limit order of 85.00 which is more than LTP at 11.05 PM so ur order executed at market price…

hmm… if you place a limit order to buy at a higher price than the market price, it will of course buy at market price. That is the behavior of all limit orders. If you want to buy above a certain price, you need to use a trigger order (on all platforms). For bracket order, entry using triggers is available on kite3.zerodha.com

Check this post

1 Like

Hi Nikhil,

I use kitw 3 from mobile and the charting really is broken. Everytime I set up the graphs like macd, MA, rsi and others and go out and come back clicking on chart for any other stock, everything is reset and it shows a plain vanilla chart. It’s really irritating and hampers our decision making speed. I. Not sure if it is a known problem but can you please check it ? I use Samsung sure edge and chrome for browsing. Thanks.

After adding indicators one need to go layout and save it as preference.

I liquidated my entire portfolio on Friday last week. I placed a withdrawal request yesterday early morning. I still haven’t received my money. I placed request for the exact figure shown in the withdrawal box - cash that i have available in full on Zerodha but i received a message saying my withdrawal request was rejected.

1. Any idea why this happened?

2. Also, after selling mutual funds, usually how long does it take to receive the money from AMC to zerodha?

3. I want to close my Zerodha account. But the tax saver mutual funds that I bought last year - I am not able to liquidate them. Is there a way i can transfer them or liquidate them and close the zerodha account?

Why is there a discrepancy in the account value being showed? I liquidated my holdings on Monday. I placed a withdrawal request for 860712.08 rupees and it was rejected. WHY? I sent a mail to Zerodha support and there has been no response.

And where are you moving?

Interactivebrokers.co.in and Fyers.

Interactivebrokers is a very famous broker in over 90+ markets, they are offering better (or atleast equivalent) rates to that of Zerodha, their algo trading apis are all free, most importantly - they are rock solid during volatile times. I have heard high praise of the platform and I loved the demo. They are traditional like a dinosaur, but works best for me. No fuck ups, no hassles like with Zerodha, a completely hassle free experience. A relative of a good friend of mine is the director at IB India and I came to know of this gem through traderji. But they have thorough background checks and they pick their clients.

Fyers though, is as a backup account. They have been doing good work, i tried their demo platforms. Their desktop app has real solid useful features unlike the shitty PI which hasn’t been updated much. Their tradingview based web platform is supercool too. So i am going to go with those two.

1 Like

Open accounts with Upstox, Finvasia & MFU as well SIr.
It’s good in India to have atleast 4 accounts if 2 of them are AMC free.
I prefer upstox to Fyers - because their provide web platform better than both zerodha and fyers. And they also provide dartstox which is same as Fyers ONE. So with Upstox you get Fyers One as well as better web platform.

Finvasia is 0 brokerage, their tnx charges also way lower. And they have no fancy products. They just provide NSE NOW for order placements. So very less chances of any problems there. NSE NOW is the best trading platform out there.

MFU - for MFs

1 Like

For me Upstox, Finvasia & MFU all have 0 account opening and 0 AMC lifetime.
So it’s quite good.

Someone from Zerodha(I suppose) is flagging all my criticisms and comments about the platform in relevant answers and threads - across Quora, Traderji, etc., and having them deleted.

I posted only one post on Traderji in Zerodha’s forum, and I was banned as spam. I posted two relevant criticisms about Zerodha on a relevant answer on Quora and someone reported that and got those comments deleted, after which I appealed with proof and got the deletion revoked.

Not implicating anything. But, this is wrong on so many levels. Anyone else face the same?

1 Like

What does amc free mean ? Can u pls explain. Thanks

All brokers levy Annual charges for Demat accounts - Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)
For me Upstox waived off those charges for lifetime.
Angel Broking for 3 years
Finvasia don’t charge any charges for anything.
MFU - don’t charge 50 rs pm for Direct MFs

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing:

This has happened to me also.
I just type “Dumb Mods” and viola my comments get deleted.
It feels frustrating.
But I have started loving it.

1 Like

Is it only for you? does it required any special margin or its for all?

What’s the point of adding UPI into funds transfer? I applied for withdrawal two days back and it was rejected yesterday (i applied based on funds that showed on kite, and then zerodha support said that the funds was reflecting wrongly) and then i applied again yesterday, i didn’t receive money until now. Zerodha support takes forever to reply.

Why don’t you add UPI to withdraw also? Or atleast make it faster. Or just fix the damn platform to reflect the funds correctly. At every step of the way you guys are causing headache for the investor/trader.

1 Like

Only for me.
No spl margin etc.
They won’t budge that easily.
I am a hard bargainer. :slight_smile:

Why happens all the time. @siva @nithin Pls be serious guys abt this issue.