Kite features of kite

Hi there, i am looking for this one too. Any luch with the answers?

You can check out Basket Order. You can check this to know how to use Basket Order on Kite Mobile. To know more about Basket Order you can refer to this post.

Hi!
I would like to request certain features in kite. Just to give you a background of where I am coming from will give you a perspective of why I am requesting these features. I am a full-time trader in the derivatives segment with a combined margin of all my accounts running into 8 figures. I usually have dozens of lots outstanding in all my accounts at Zerodha. After using this amazing platform for a few years now, I feel some improvements are required for making kite the go-to platform for fellow traders (big or small).

1. Calendar spreads ā€“
    a. Using basket orders is fine if you do not have to roll over more than a couple of lots. Anything more than that is a pain and a stressful exercise on kite.
    b. Baskets/manual cannot replace the ease and peace of using calendar spread contracts. I simply fail to understand why Zerodha does not allow trading in calendar spreads till now.
    c. This is even more needed now since contracts are physically settled which increases the margin requirements for the last 2 days.
    d. I wonā€™t even go into the details of how expensive it is to use baskets for rolling over positions. Nothing gives me more anxiety than rolling over a dozen lots on kite. Start thinking from the perspective of a large trader (who gives you and who you should be targeting for higher brokerage income).

2. More shortcuts needed for kite ā€“ Your focus has been to improve kite for quite some time. I feel there is still a long way to go for it to replace trading terminals, which you should look into. I donā€™t like using a mouse while trading, just takes away a lot of precious time and is frustrating. Certain actions cannot (or is difficult to) be completed without the use of a mouse on kite.
    a. Choosing Limit order or market order after opening the order window
    b. Order Modification
    c. Order Cancellation
    d. There should be an easy toggle between the watch-list and orders page to implement the above. I donā€™t think it is difficult to do it. Youā€™ll know it is good if you donā€™t need a mouse for trading.

3. Saving custom pre-sets for order placement ā€“
    a. I should be able to decide the default price that is automatically taken for limit orders. Kite takes in LTP as the default price. I like to use the best buyer/seller price. Using market order will have impact costs as I trade in multiple lots. I should be given a choice here.
    b. Zerodha has also disabled market orders for stock options. I understand your logic behind it, but again I should be given that option. You can disable it by default. But it should be up to me if I want it enabled. It is like SEBI saving retail people by removing intraday leverage completely.
    c. Exit Positions ā€“ I can exit all my positions at the click of a button, brilliant. It uses market orders, obviously. Market orders are disabled for stock options, zerodha has explained it multiple times why that is, good. I still think there is a solution to this problem if you implement 3(a) for exiting positions as well. I may want to use limit orders to exit my positions at the best buyer/seller prices. Maybe an option to add or reduce say 50 paise to the default price it takes to ensure execution and avoid it getting executed at adverse market prices.

4. Trading terminal to excel ā€“
    a. This is an indispensable tool. I am aware that you are withdrawing your support for Pi because it being from a third-party vendor.
    b. The excel sheet with live prices forms a backbone of the entire system for a lot of traders. I use Pi just for the Link to Excel function. It also is easy to determine liquidity in stock options
    c. I am aware of Kite Connect, but not everyone here is a tech-savvy coder to implement it. I know how to do calculations in excel, and it works like a charm. Maybe you can consider a tool that just helps in getting live prices on excel and then stop support for Pi.
    d. And it is free. I donā€™t want to pay 2000 bucks for something that is available for free elsewhere. That too for something a lot more complicated.

5. Full margin on collateral pledged ā€“
    a. I am aware of the 50:50 cash collateral rule. But again that is at a broker level.
    b. Zerodha seems to be cash-rich, maybe consider providing 100% collateral margin to certain premium/HNI clients at a certain price. A lot of traditional brokers provide that.

6. Same day selling for pledged stocks ā€“ I know it is in the works. Please implement it asap.

Sorry for the lengthy thread. Hope I do get some response from @siva @nithin

Also kudos to the entire team for making zerodha a big enabler.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Would like to give some suggestions for more user-friendliness of Kite. Since NEST or Pi are not available, need to upgrade this too with some of their features.

1. In positions page, make grouping for F&O and equities separately valid for the day. I heard this coming since mid 2020.
  2. While sorting by instruments, give option for Puts and Calls as well. Easy to quit in case of an unfavourable move.
  3. Download to basket option from positions page. This will be useful when we have multiple accounts, we can simply copy this file, upload in basket of another account and process it.
1 Like

Mentioned points are in our list to do, should be available in coming months.

@siva any new future is coming in kite , can you provide full option chain in kite like fyers and 5 paisa , your revenue is most coming from derivatives trader , then why you are not providing full option chain in kite we can direct trade from chain itself ā€¦ for derivatives full option chain is must , dont point sensibull its lagging its not that much fast to trade

then you unnecessary features are implementing in kite , useful thing are not there , like option chian , News , etc

1 Like

Will check on this.

News is a lot of noise, so no plans to bring it on to kite, can check pulse.

Good afternoonā€¦

I squared off iron fly today and created a new oneā€¦Now I am only interested in pnl of the new IF onlyā€¦I think it would be nice if a user can select the positions in the positions page for which he wants to see the real time pnlā€¦Donā€™t want to monitor the pnl in already squared off positionsā€¦
Can be helpful I thinkā€¦

Thanks

It is never going to happen in near time, thats for sure. Bcoz their business model of distributed eco system development with fellow subsidiaries like sensibul and subsequent collateral revenue generation will be highly affected. Let it be at the cost of Clients requirement. The same request was made by me earlier too but their sheer reluctance to bring such improvement on kite platform reflects in their reply. Be assured, it will not happen.

Its just a lollypop. Nothing else.

2 Likes

@Alex_R yes these people are telling lie . these people always telling 80% of revenue generating from active derivatives trader , but the basic of OPTION CHAIN these zerodha is not providing to his clients , still the clients from zerodha are facing option buying issue , even i really amazing all brokeres have option chain inbuild in the platform to easy trade for those clients , but zerodha unnessecry bringing other feature , they are really mad , most of the client are moved from zerodha to 5 paisa and fyers and upstock , i am also planning to move from here ā€¦

1 Like

now all brokere have a same margin system , there is nothing special about zerodha anymore , PR SUNDAR also recomending 5paisa as a broker to choose

Be ready for a plain and simple answer from Siva, "We dont want to complicate the terminal and keeping the terminal ultra light by not implementing any new feature. :rofl:

2 Likes

@siva if you have any knowledge about upcoming features in kite , can you tell us , if you donā€™t mind

1 Like

why cant we scroll price with mouse when we modify order.
@ShubhS9

You can change the price and quantity using the arrow keys on the keyboard once the order window is open.

I am using kite web and wanted to modify limit price of sell order but I couldnā€™t change it with mouse scroll.
I can change it while placing order but it isnā€™t working while modifying order.

@ShubhS9 can you atleast confirm this? and please fix this small change.

@ShubhS9 @siva any new update or new version of kite , any other feature are coming in kite

@ShubhS9 any update on kite

Dear Zerodha, Kite is one of the best software !
I suggest to darken the colours (Blue & Red) in the day version.
It will help us to track the names, price, etc. very easily.
I hope you will consider my request. Thanks in advance !