Layouts on tradingview charts, how to save and load?

All Drawings and trendlines are getting saved to browser cache… Not syncing between PCs in home and Office… This is VERY VERY Frustrating… You should atleast have an option to save chart as a file in a folder of our choice.

1 Like

I totally agree @gurubaran.r we should have at least an option to save the chart as a file
yes it is frustrating but 300 mai utna he milta hai :joy: :joy: :joy: :cry: :cry:
zerodha is a trading platform, not a charting software

My layouts from “Load Chart Layout” get deleted automatically from Kite-TradingView, even though I never deleted them manually. How is this possible? does it happen?

Layouts are saved locally on your system, if you delete browser cache, your layouts will be deleted.

2 Likes

Thank you, just one more question- Will it happen with https://in.tradingview.com/ as well? or only Kite-Tradingview?

Is there a way to save settings templates as well on Zerodha TV charts just like TradingView platform.
It is really cumbersome to set my fib levels every time I open my chart.

Few other features missing on zerodha TV charts are favorite time frames/drawing tools and on chart alerts.

1 Like

I understand that to change the theme, colours, etc, I have to save the chart as a layout. However, I cannot figure out a way to save drawings on 50 charts without having to save them as 50 different individual layouts. Is there any other way? It is so cumbersome to open a chart and then open the specific layout of that stock just to have the support and resistance lines which I’ve drawn. @siva

1 Like

guys need a favour chamged charts from chart iq to trading view in zerodha, and saved around 10 charts now theyre all gone after a day,how do i solve this issue,its so annoying thta im planning on changing brokers,please help me

Layouts are saved locally on your system, if you delete the browser cache, your layouts will be erased. Explained here.

Can layout Import/ Export feature from/ To system in HTML be considered so that we can do it without loosing our hard work . I believe its possible and doable. @ShubhS9

We are planning something on this.

1 Like

Hi all…
I have drawn few trendlines on TV charts and saved it as template…but when loading the template …chart opens without those lines…how to save with those lines?

This feature is available in Trading View. No need for TV team to develop anything new. You can do this on Investing.com, which is also powered by TV. You can create account and save templates/layouts, which can be opened in all browsers, mobile, any computer with that particular account. It never gets deleted when you do the cleanup of your cache.
It is for Zerodha to make a request to TV to incorporate these changes, which they have been trying ( possibly planning to make a request to TV) for years now.

Hi
Just checking if the requests in this thread are being considered or not yet. I just cleared cache and lost all drawings. What a shame!
Are you guys going cloud yet like people have requested above? Seems like a doable thing for a tech based company like zerodha?

just curious, why don’t you go for the full-fledged platform like trading view ?
I’m taking about trading view website (not the one in kite)

Yes, Team Zerodha, it’s really annoying when all of the drawings and markers wipe out.

are we supposed to remember the supports and resistances of all scrips? :sweat_smile:

Please bring cloud based Kite platform at the earliest :pray:
@siva @ShubhS9 @Shruthi @nithin

I am using Investing.com now which has all the features like cloud saving without the need for paying anything to TV. If there are any serious drawbacks there also, I am yet to find out.
Thanks for someone who suggested this above.

And thanks to zerodha for providing this platform, even if they can’t be bothered to actually address many issues raised here (why bother solving micro problems when big money is in catering to masses eh).

1 Like

This feature is not available on kite app

Hi @ShubhS9 , after saving the layout, it got saved and loaded right afterwards when i checked. Also browser memnory left untouched. However, now when i go to load chart layout, it is showing all the layouts, but none of them is selectable, cursor doesnt change to url cursor. How to load them if you have any idea?

Please create a ticket at support.zerodha.com. Team will have this checked and assist.