Loss recovery in options buying

I have a loss nearly 9L in three years, mostly in options buying.
Starting capital was 2L, when it loose I loaded money frequently.
Now I have a capital of 2L.
Can I recover my losses with this?

Have you gone through the comments in this recent topic thread ?

You will likely find some of the general advice in those comments relevant and helpful.

First of all set yourself a daily trade and loss limit, like if you have 150000 trade only with 30000, and if your loss goes more than 2000 in a trading session, stop trading for the session. Figure out the mistakes, give yourself a break, and most importantly don’t loose your confidence, sharpen your skills before entering again.

1 Like

Making 9 lacs of profit from 2 lacs of capital is going to be hard.

3 years you haven’t been able to crack it. And even trending markets couldn’t help you apparently. So its time to stop doing what has proven not to work. Paper trade until you consistently make money or find a mentor.

1 Like

The thing is that options trading is a zero sum game. If you consider the exorbitant trading charges, then it’s a negative sum game. Top it off with the fact that you can only do long options with your limited capital, makes the odds of recovering the lost capital very very tiny.

1 Like

Ask yourself what went wrong. analyze your trades and find the mistake you have made, whether it is emotions or risk management or strategy or execution or position sizing. its you vs you not you vs others, ask the right question yourself you will find the answers.

If you need help/suggestions from others means you have to mention what you have done exactly.

If you just as a question like this some will say yes and some others will say no

Actually I started trading without zero knowledge. I usually did intraday in stocks. Here I was sometimes in positive and sometimes in negative. Than my friend told me about index options that it has only limited risk.
I started options with small amounts and loose all many times but it was under 1-2L.
Than is load 5L in my trading account and started carefully.
I earned 97 thousand in one month.
But in the end of month my that friend told me that he earned 1.07L in that month.
I decided to defeat him with more profits so I broke all rules and started with OTM with large quantity, and ended with 2L loss.
After that I never forget my losses and wanted to recover them as soon as possible.
Now I am in 9L loss net with great fear of loss.
I was nearly 90% times in good profit in morning session but again 90% times ended in red in the end.
Now I have regrets and guilt all the time.

3 Likes

How can I find one?

1 Like

Talk to @t7support and see what he says.

You’re bringing him some potential customers, time to ask for :champagne: in return :grin:

1 Like

Na, not looking for tat now. Just want to help some ppl turn it around .

1 Like

stock market is gambling, says outsiders, may be because of you guys. its better to stay out of market and save save your remaining. This is not video game to play

Come on. He did a mistake, he learnt his mistake. Don’t say like that.

All of you experienced members are telling him what to do, and what not to do. So from here on, if he learns and trades, let him do that.

1 Like

I completely agree with you but I can’t explain why I did that.

I guess there are 2 type of persons in market, 1st of a kind who aspire and get attracted to market to earn side income/more money , they learn, make mistakes make losses, try to correct them and start to generate money .

2nd of a kind are gamblers, earn money by luck and gamble more to loose everything, when he had open the thread he just did mention as loss. so i thought he did mistakes, later from his comment understood that he gambled.

If he had made some mistakes and seeking some suggestions people can help, he himself would have understood that he gambled so he need to realize himself. there is nothing people can help in gambling

We can suggest to people who has committed mistakes but not for gambling. If people think that am harsh means thats ok but i feel i am speaking the reality.

2 Likes

Of course, if one tells us what he did, if he thinks he has made a mistake, and wants to learn, then we all can give some advice.

Pure gambling without knowing anything, doing because of greed may give big losses, if there is no luck.

A person can make money quickly, but he has to know a lot, experience a lot, along with a bit of luck. But there is no easy and quick money.

Warren Buffett said that investing is simple, but not easy, I can tell that trading is not simple, and not easy, it is complex :grin:

1 Like

I see a similar narrative in all these stories. They start with cash market/trading stocks.

Somehow, they feel trading stocks doesn’t give much trading vibes or it’s not that complicated. Or the grass is always greener on the other side. Or i ll be much better in options since many are minting money in options in gram, youtube.

They follow a feeling not any method.

Then they blow themselves up, quickly or rather slowly to ashes.

And some admit stock trading was going good. But the need to be in options was always enticing. Fat money is there!

Man, if you get an edge in trading stocks, is that a joke. And if you don’t yet know how to trade stocks properly, jumping to options is not always the solution.

All i am saying my 40% doesn’t lie. And i trade only in cash market. And if you say cash is dull, intraday, well, you don’t want to see at all.

It’s a you issue.

The need to make money is really pressing on some people. Do you have a race against Elon? Well, do you have a Tesla or a spacex. No, i have 9 lakhs, 20 lakhs. But i need to be a millionaire by the end of 2020.

Hey, grow your 50k into 5 lakh in an year. It’s seems hard, so let me try with 10 lakh, that way will be easier. And there starts the story.

Your expectation has a glitch.

Btw, I love your motivation and determination of these people.

I don’t want to keep pouring suggestions and advices. People all know what they need to do. This is 2022.

Keep the insanity breed intact. Market needs all kind of people.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, I gambled all the way and burn my hands. I never digested my losses and wanted to recover them quickly on same day. And that habit turned into overtrading. Losses are part of the trading I never accept it and now I am here.

1 Like

Now that you are aware of the mistakes you made, its time to look forward and come up with a trading plan that makes sure that you do not repeat the said mistakes in future. I know its easier said than done, but thinking about your previous losses and is not going to help you. Losses are a part of a trader’s business and should be seen as such. There is still time for you to improve. I guess risk management and trading psychology are the key areas you should focus on.