Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

The legendary 2 months. I am missing it.

1 Like

The reason why don’t choose foreign brokers because they can’t cater to the needs of Indian retailer perfectly.
Whenever they think of something they view with wester rich nations angle only whereas Indian brokers know the real conditions of Indian retailer and hence provide plans and offerings which is more suitable for common man.
Also their domestic relations can be complicated if there aren’t Indians heading the deparment or very few Indians working in the segment.

In India IB is managed by Indian guys only.

Tech, cost, execution reliability now IB is up there with new age discount brokers. If you are an active retail trader then IB is worth taking a look.

2 Likes

Some issues with IB for me

1. Quarterly settlement turnaround is very slow both in getting money and sending vs Zerodha. Perhaps can be managed better through pledging liquidbees, i have not tried.
  2. They sometimes take holiday when Indian markets are open. 1st Jan esp - perhaps not a big issue but it happens.
  3. No extra Leverage for intraday stocks. Shorting has weird US based system where they need to find stocks to borrow. I have not executed stocks intraday with them so have not directly experienced this. They used to give 4x margin but then stopped.
    Leverage for Futures will be a bit lower than other brokers. They take some extra margin for safety.
  4. Probably my fault - but i was not sure whether orders were being held at IB or at exchange for SL orders. I dont have much experience with NF/BNF execution in other brokers but slippage seemed somewhat high. Did not really explore this as i paused that system.

This should be fine for Stocks overnight / Futures / Options if 1 and 2 are not an issue for someone. Their ordering system has lots and lots of features. When i start trading Futures and starting investing for long term in stocks - i might consider as backup to Z.

1 Like

Hey @pankushri ,

We had some development issues because of which this was delayed.
This has now been resolved, we have restarted and we’ll be live soon. Will keep you guys updated here.

2 Likes

Interactive Brokers mobile app with integrated option chain and strategy builder. All free of charge with the trading account.

Dhan’s free option trader platform is also going to go live soon. All that we need to pay is the brokerage for orders.

Finvasia also has integrated option chain on app with ofcourse a big zero on all charges. It just doesn’t have the strategy builder option.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Hoping to see this feature in the current quarter end.

hi,

Do you mean instant pledge or instant unpledge or Both ?

1 Like

We are starting off with getting instant unpledge live which will allow you to unpledge and sell shares on the same day.
After that, we will allow instant pledge that will allow you to pledge stocks and get collateral margin on the same day.

2 Likes

I am personally waiting very eagerly for this feature to go live…I am waiting since so long…It would be nice…

1 Like

Is the 50% cash margin requirement for an overnight position in FnO going live from today?
@MohammedFaisal @ShubhS9 @VenuMadhav

Its already implemented for client level in Zerodha. Only some brokers were lagging behind in adopting this rule or they were deliberately not implementing to attract customers.

The 50% cash margin rule is applicable to hold overnight positions if you trade with Zerodha

2 Likes

Yes, this rule goes live from today. Btw, nothing changes for you as a Zerodha user, as we already used to block a minimum 50% margin in cash or equivalent and remaining from collateral margin for overnight positions. Things remain the same.

2 Likes

they are working 5 years + , only zerodha is seeing its big thing , forget zerodh amove to other broker like dhan

still there is no option chain in zerodha , see DHAN is catched lot of zerodha clients , they give all features as free in option tools , fundamentals are on the same page , in zerodha basic things are also not available like option chain , etc

1 Like

Any timeline for implementing instant un-pledging?

1 Like

Yes. It will be done between ‘very soon’ to ‘soon’ period.

2 Likes

Still five month there is no needed features added , i think zerodha is giving free salary to his employees , (Or) not intrested in company development , 5 years before i asked to nithin t implement the option chain , still they are working , :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Sooooooooooonnn :shushing_face:

1 Like

Very soon

Zerodha clients and zerodha employees - both are expecting a new feature
like ,instant pledging and withdraw
option chain in kite
instant withdraw
everything very sooooon o soooon

6 Likes