Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

When you can work slow and grow fast, why work fast?

1 Like

You could have shorted the futures if you were that sure.

And squared it off against ITBEES after 48hrs

There is no Nifty IT futures traded that can act as hedge against ITbees.Also, not every one invests 1 lot equivalent cash.Instant pledging is in todo list of zerodha ( from past 1 -2 years) i think.other brokers are providing it.

1 Like

yeah my bad, forgot that IT futures got withdrawn. thanks for pointing it out

1 Like

What is happening with this request. From past year I am listening this will be rolled out soon. What are the plan & realistic timeline. This is offered by all the brokers & not sure why it is so complicated. @nithin @siva Do we really have plans for this & what are realistic timelines?

1 Like

@Nakul @VenuMadhav @siva @Bhuvan please have the courtesy to respond. We people are not trollers. We sincerely following up on this.

1 Like

Sorry for late reply. This is on our to do list and will be done soon.

Am a troller :upside_down_face:

This is on their to do list along with roll over of futures through spread orders…Wonder when it will actually be implemented

I wish i could unpledge and sell Britannia today. But . :disappointed:

I think It’s 5+ years since that “to-do”, don’t know what they intend ‘to do’. I wonder how the lead devs report to the top management with a ‘straight face’ on this. Management’s got to be intoxicated with success to let this happen.

Its business call, management believes this feature will not add value, not devs fault. ( I am Developer :P)

There was a post citing some development related issues and that work had to be restarted or something.

@siva now the unpledging does not require an authorization or OTP anymore right?

what is the cut off time to initiate unpledge request so that by next trading day the holding will get reflected?

I wanted to sell RVNL. I have unpledged now. Let’s see which way it goes.

It doesn’t.

If unpledge request is placed before 3:30 PM, the shares will be available for trading on the next trading day.

Hi Shubh, It’s been now 2 years since I have been tracking this request or made one, do we have an updated timeline for when this will happen? I guess all the compliance-related changes for SEBI rule changes should be over by now.

Hi Mayank, we’re almost there and instant unpledge feature will be out soon. Will keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many full service brokerages allow selling while pledged, ex Axis direct

I wish i could unpledge my holdings TODAY in tyre sector and sell few. But But…

You need to wish the same price is available tomorrow when unpledged holdings are available to sell.