Product updates over the last year at Zerodha

I’d raised this exact same issue with a Zerodha representative months earlier, and had got this response:

Been charged with quite a few instances of DPC for overnight EOD shortfalls…

Another thing is that this rule had come on May 2nd, and these guys hadn’t properly updated their margin on that day, which was admitted on the call as well as on the support ticket #20230503897343:

This allowed overnight traders like me to take more size than the funds available. Got charged DPC. When I raised this issue, they didn’t even have the courtesy to reply, let alone a provide a refund for something which is clearly their fault…

1 Like

Hi @nithin These are great updates! However, I strongly believe DDPI activation process should be online. I recently tried to activate DDPI and realized the need to courier physically signed forms. It seemed odd that it’s not digital but I did that immediately and got rejected because of signature mismatch. With all honesty, I have picked up a pen to sign a paper is once per year on average since last few years as almost everything needed was digitally authenticated and signed, including opening a trading account. No wonder, my signature didn’t match. Taking to the support, although very helpful, the solution was sending more physical documents to change signature and involving a bank executive. Out of curiosity, I checked if other brokers have the same requirement and was surprised to see that in few other platforms, DDPI activation is fully digital with Aadhar authentication.. I wouldn’t want to switch to another platform just because of trust I have on Zerodha even though activating DDPI is important at this point. I have taken losses because my GTT SL was triggered but sell transaction failed due to CDSL tpin requirement. I can’t think of a good reason why DDPI activation is not digital in Zerodha, but please consider implementing it and in the mean while I would really appreciate if you provide an alternate way to authenticate my identity remotely to activate DDPI. Thank you.

5 Likes

@VenuMadhav ?

3 Likes

Hello @VenuMadhav @nithin

Following up my request to activate DDPI. I have raised the below ticket to track the request raised in the thread above. Kindly consider and provide a viable solution for the same. Thank You.

Missed replying earlier. Will have someone check the ticket and suitably respond.

1 Like

Hi @nithin

One thing that a regular positional traders like me will want

" Withdrawl of cash when cash holding is negative but still unused pledged margin"

1 Like

We already allow this as @VenuMadhav has mentioned here

++ waiting for this.

Hi,

I’m using Zerodha (mainly thru Kite web) for more than a year now. One thing I haven’t figured out is how to look at the market depth if one is at the order placement floating window.

Of course, I could first look at market depth, and then click on buy/sell, but it is not the workflow one will follow all the time; e.g. sometimes one can click on “add” button on the positions page.

Second question: I found that Market Depth many times has a huge lag… something like 15-20 seconds. For e.g., I place a limit order which according to the current depth should get executed instantly, but it doesn’t and the latest price shows a wide variation with the depth. Eventually after 15 seconds or so, the depth does get synchronised, but it ends up being a missed opportunity because I could have placed the order at a different price, which is also gone now…

thanks

2 Likes

You can see market depth and order window at same time.

2 Likes

I typically start from positions and click on “exit” or “add”, and then to find the stock in the marketwatch is quite a pain, especially if you have added multiple strike options to market watch and it can get error-prone.

Also, the market depth has lag as I mentioned, not sure if it is a specific issue to me or a general problem.

thanks

if you have open position you can click on options (3 dots) where you can see add to MarketWatch option.

keep 1 marketwatch empty for this. you can easily see market depth for open position.

clear that marketwatch if you do not plan to hold those positions or enter again.

You can execute orders from 3 devices.

1. web
  2. android
  3. ios/ipados

it will be easy to manage if you have large position.

I only see delay in market depth buy/sell side bid if there is high volatility in market otherwise its working fine.

This was really frustrating, Angelone, Dhan etc already have online ddpi.

1 Like

Coming soon.

@lindo @TheGouda can update when we are live.

1 Like

@Anuj_Singhania @nithin
You’re right. They do have an online DDPI submission process, but their platform is not anywhere close to Zerodha in terms of simplicity, stability and trustworthiness.

1 Like

bumping this question

Nithin sir. Even with this feature. It’s still FIFO.
As we invest in smallcase, stratzy, etc linked with zerodha we like to avoid FIFO.

For example I got NCC in stratzy, I got it in for short term.

But then I taught I will buy more for long term using other demat account.

I also had NCC in my small case which is 3rd time I’m buying it. If all 3 were in same account. Then I will get huge short term capital gains.

Even HDFC and ICICI have refinitiv

Yes this is feature I truly want. Two demat accounts is an big headache sir.

My best friends investment has grown to 15 lakh. 10 lakh for short term using small case, coin , stratzy, liquide, wealthbasket, ET money , ticktape etc

5 lakh in long term. As he is Swing Trader…even through I have decent investments. I also face the same